BYOND ckey: katnep
Character name: Sota Thelor
Discord username (+user id): sota#4988
How long have you played on Citadel?: a year and a half
How long have you played SS13?: 3 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT active past 5pm
Previous SS13 related admin experience: none
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:
Reason for application: There seems to be a shortage of active admins in the Europe timezone and I am incredibly familiar with the population and the server as a whole, also have a decent idea of how to use admin controls due to testing while coding features.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention. 
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

I don't believe this requires intervention as this is an IC issue, Player 2 has initiated a confrontation and was dealt with IC, the escalation seems to have been in the proper order, and Player 1 did not kill the other player and has acted in self defense, if either person ahelped it would be explained to them that this would be an IC issue that would be dealt with by The Security team

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?

The player has not yet done anything that I believe requires admin intervention since breaking and entering is an IC issue, if they began stealing and hoarding high value items such as EVA suits or breaking into High security areas then it would be worth Intervening and asking them for their reasoning, further action would be dependent on their responses.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

Player 2 will be contacted and Asked why they engaged in the Actions they have, whether they co-operate will affect how harshly they are punished since they are clearly in violation of server rules regarding powergaming and rule 3 of section 1 regarding improper escalation, after they have been dealt with, I would contact Player 1 and ask why they provided a combat mech to an assistant (which would normally be a security issue but since it has led to several rule breaks is a major issue), they will have a note attached to them explaining they were warned about this issue, and possibly a job ban applied depending on their overall attitude and previous actions on the server
Last edited by katnep on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

RE: Staff Application-Katnep

Post by Kenzie »

I mean the application is pretty good, my main reservations are from your conduct last time you had a role. I don't remember the circumstances that got you dementored specifically but I do remember you doing stuff like giving unsolicited criticism of people's erp in looc or something which is kinda garbage and not really something I would want to see in staff, not to mention whatever presumably worse thing you did to get removed. You also have some shitty notes, some of which are pretty much just grief.
ex-headmin

katnep

Post by katnep »

I would like to comment that the reasoning i received for my loss of rank was "inappropriate treatment of security that round and your overall attitude", and that alot of my notes are from very early in my citadel play time from what i know of them, as well as the fact that i have taken the steps to improve my behaviour on server and in the discord

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

It is difficult to tell without seeing your connection logs, but it is true that most of your shitty notes are >6 months old. I guess I might be willing to give you a shot anyway, but I doubt anyone else will.
ex-headmin

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

While the application itself isn't bad, your general attitude towards players and your conduct as a mentor before you lost the rank doesn't lead me to believe that you will be a good staff member
Awoo

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I don't feel too confident about this one so unless you can find an admin who is willing to vouch their ass off for you, I'm probably gonna say try again later. I do acknowledge that you seem to be improving significantly, but whether it's enough to safely add you to the team is difficult to tell.
ex-headmin