iknowdude00

Staff Application - iknowdude00

Post by iknowdude00 »

BYOND ckey: iknowdude00
Character name: Lux Tuft
Discord username (+user id): iknowdude00#6275
How long have you played on Citadel?: 6+ months
How long have you played SS13?: Since 2015
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC+10 Sydney time, usually on 5pm-9pm
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None, more than willing to learn though.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Kind of irrelevant but I have been an administrator on a few Gmod RP servers.
Reason for application: I really want to help straighten the community and at least keep Citadel true to it's name of MedRP. I also want to enforce the rules I see broken so many times before and assist the growth of the community as a whole. I understand that my player history is not exactly clean but I have been striving to improve my attitude and behaviour.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention. 
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.

You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

According to section 01.3 in the server guidelines it would seem to be a case of escalation; though 01.3.3 should be taken into account. If anybody ahelped the matter I would make sure to take the correct measures to:
a. Question both parties about the situation
b. Ensure both parties consented to the fight in some form or another
c. Make sure that the person who Ahelped the situation understands how it could be seen from an admins perspective 
d. If one of or neither of the players had agreed to the fight I would give them a warning about the matter and possibly leave a note if neccesary.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?

According to rule 9.3 such actions would fall under powergaming, though I would associate their relatively short playtime with inexperience I would also assume they are simply exploring the game's mechanics, possibly looking at guides etc. to learn on the go. If things continued to worsen or rule 9.2 was also breached I would politely inform them of the two rules and also make sure to provide them with a link to the server rules in case they do not know them. I would also see fit to offer to answer any questions they have regarding the server and mechanics of the game so they do not need to go on a crash course by themself.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

Once again according to section 01.3 in the servers guidelines this would be another case of escalation. As stated in 01.3.3 minor aggravations are not valid excuses for escalating a situation to such lengths. I would be sure to check if the player is a repeat offender and give warnings as appropriate, in the event they are a repeat offender I would be in the right mind to ban them for at least a day so they could read the rules and cool off. As for the scientist who made the combat mech I would need to explain that creating a combat mech without prior authorisation from security is against the law and by breaking such law they may be held accountable to self-antagonizing. I would also have to investigate the possibility of a breach of rule 9.3 and 9.4 in that they as a scientist are not to be fulfilling the job of a roboticist unless authorised. Along with the fact they may have been creating such a mech to gain an advantage over other players for no reason. Once again checking notes in case they are a repeat offender, A day ban may be applied if necessary to give them time to reflect on the rules.

Kenzie

RE: Staff Application - iknowdude00

Post by Kenzie »

I feel like you were a troublemaker and apparently other people feel like that too, although your actual notes don't seem too bad? I dunno, maybe got you mixed up with someone else. I'll finish reading the application soonish.
ex-headmin

iknowdude00

Post by iknowdude00 »

Might as well just deny this now. Due to the recent ban I sincerely doubt I'd have a chance or even any reason to be seen as a proper candidate. Sorry for wasting anybodies time.
Last edited by iknowdude00 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I don't think that's necessarily a complete rule out, but it is definitely making me hesitant at best, so I'm gonna close this for now.
ex-headmin