Nightspark43 - Staff Application

nightspark43

Nightspark43 - Staff Application

Post by nightspark43 »

BYOND ckey: Nightspark43
Character name: Zane Sands/Chokkasj Atrersziz
Discord username (+user id): Nightspark43
How long have you played on Citadel?: On and off for about eight months to a year total.
How long have you played SS13?: At least four years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: EST from 8AM to 4PM
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Reached HeadAdmin in the now dead server Novis, as well as staffed for it's many predecessors dating back to the original Unbound Travels.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None.
Reason for application: Wanting to assist with the server since the times I'm on there are sometimes no admins on.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention. 
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?
 Let it go with a SM or other IC admin contact to ask them to heal the other at best, the fight was properly escalated, and the instagater lost.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed
  Keep an eye on them, and inform the other staff to do the same, breaking into low security areas is annoying, but not against the rules, new players come and go often.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?
  Contact player one and ask them why they gave the assistant a combat mech, then contact the assistant why he decided to move to lethal combat against security, both actions, depending on their responses, may require bans or jobbans.

Kenzie

RE: Nightspark43 - Staff Application

Post by Kenzie »

I would like you to elaborate on your answer to the third scenario please, i.e. what responses would prompt jobbans and what responses wouldn't.
ex-headmin

nightspark43

Post by nightspark43 »

Kenzie wrote: I would like you to elaborate on your answer to the third scenario please, i.e. what responses would prompt jobbans and what responses wouldn't.
 While the situation does seem to be clear metafriending, there are many explanations for it, for example,the two being cooperating antags, or the scientist being an antag wishing to cause chaos as cover, and  while the assistant trying to kill security, quite possibly without being an antag at all would at least need a day ban, the scientist has a few reasons to do so, as I said above, but barring all that, it would likely result in a day ban with a possible research Jobban.

Really should have made that much more clear in the application.
Last edited by nightspark43 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Okay, these answers seem mostly acceptable then.
ex-headmin

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I'm going to say no because I don't see you on the server very much if at all, and none of the other admins seem to have come out in particular support of this, if one of them decides they do actually really want you on staff they can tell me, otherwise maybe try again when you have a little more activity.
ex-headmin

nightspark43

Post by nightspark43 »

Actually, I'm on the RP server quite often, almost every day, if you need you can ask Deck, he should be able to tell you.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

yeah but really i don't want to take admins from the rp server
ex-headmin