k5's wild staff application ride (spooky, beware)

Will Jay ever make http://citadel-station.net/ redirect to http://citadel-station.net/forum/ ?

Total votes: 0

kfive

k5's wild staff application ride (spooky, beware)

Post by kfive »

BYOND ckey: kfive
Character name: Dane Gustavia
Discord username (+user id): k5#6893
How long have you played on Citadel?: 2 Years; at least 200 rounds total, unless I'm overestimating.
How long have you played SS13?: As above, but with hours logged in other servers.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT-5/Evenings
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Screwing around on a private server.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Managing a few different AO servers. (AO is a game that does the impossible and is even more esoteric than SS13)
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: ∅
Reason for application: Tekoro keeps complaining about getting pulled away from other things just to deal with tickets, whereas my time is usually free enough to handle it. Citadel is shorthanded on actual admins who regularly admin anyway.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?

Nobody ahelped. IC issue. Side with Player 1 if ahelped by them.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?
IC issue until something secure is stolen and somebody notices, which is outside the scope of this question.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?
Sec dealt with it; unless sec ahelps it's an IC issue. If sec does ahelp, P1's getting a jobban (all science jobs, since they did it as scientist rather than robo) and P2's getting a short tempban.

Tekoro

RE: k5's wild staff application ride (spooky, beware)

Post by Tekoro »

Tekoro keeps complaining about getting pulled away from other things just to deal with tickets, whereas my time is usually free enough to handle it. Citadel is shorthanded on actual admins who regularly admin anyway.
+1, would complain more about doing what I signed up to do. 

I like your question answers btw, IC button is a godsend that needs to be used more
also on an unrelated note

fuc kyou i am myown b0SS. you are not the boss OFME.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

The only bad part of the application is the dumb poll tacked on. While I'm not so sure about you as a person, I'd be willing to see how you do
Awoo

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

The poll tells me that he bothers to notice dumb little problems players and attentive staff would notice. Guess dumb is in the eye of the beholder, solid dude so you get my +1.
Last edited by Cabbose on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

I got nothing. No witty jokes or comments, no advice, no plus or negative remarks about the appeal in general.
I do have zucchini bread, though. Tastes like a muffin more than anything. Is good.

I do +1 this application, though, because it's actually well done and stuff. Wouldn't hurt to see if this is something you really feel you can, or would, want to handle/go through.
It is only waffer thin.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

i don't really like you personally since i think you're prone to self-important pretension, but i don't see anything outstandingly objectionable in this application
ex-headmin

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Can confirm, is pretty pretentious but at least it sounds like he cares.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

+1 dont burn out

BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER »

+1, good responses and shows that he cares

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

leon said no so this isn't going to happen
ex-headmin