Staff Application: EpigraphZero

raiq

RE: Staff Application: EpigraphZero

Post by raiq »

Dude was good back in the day. Arinaan has literally 40 connections the past month, so I fail to see how their input has any merit, especially since they're only parroting garbage they won't even take the time to validate.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

I agree that shit was kind of heavy handed and e en if he didn't have the experience (which I can believe just hasn't been throughly vetted), he'd still be a solid choice. I remember Rick being a goodboy

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

I kind of agree, one minor recent issue isn't enough to disqualify someone from being a staffmember, especially one like "didn't know something was happening on the server where nothing happens". I still believe that he deserves a chance, if he still wants it. We can always remove him if he turns out to be unfit
Awoo

EpigraphZero

Post by EpigraphZero »

cebutris wrote: I kind of agree, one minor recent issue isn't enough to disqualify someone from being a staffmember, especially one like "didn't know something was happening on the server where nothing happens". I still believe that he deserves a chance, if he still wants it. We can always remove him if he turns out to be unfit
Wait, that's the incident being talked about? But I had a civil discussion with an admin about that and I wasn't given a note, why would that be held against me? It was concluded there and then and hadn't been repeated. Plus it was a one-off incident that I had no way of knowing about or preventing. Also Airin had nothing to do with that, so it doesn't really explain why they feel so negatively about me.

I would still like to be considered for staff as I do have the same intentions of improving the server, but after being strung along for two months (and seeing other people get applications approved in under 10 days), the way I'm being treated is making me feel increasingly less welcome on the server. I'd just like some communication, please. If I'm not wanted here, then I'd appreciate being told.
Last edited by EpigraphZero on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

EpigraphZero wrote:
cebutris wrote: I kind of agree, one minor recent issue isn't enough to disqualify someone from being a staffmember, especially one like "didn't know something was happening on the server where nothing happens". I still believe that he deserves a chance, if he still wants it. We can always remove him if he turns out to be unfit
Wait, that's the incident being talked about? But I had a civil discussion with an admin about that and I wasn't given a note, why would that be held against me? It was concluded there and then and hadn't been repeated. Plus it was a one-off incident that I had no way of knowing about or preventing. Also Airin had nothing to do with that, so it doesn't really explain why they feel so negatively about me.
This is exactly my point. From what I've seen you're a good player and your application looks good. We've accepted applications from people who have been so much as banned in the past, and yet this one seemingly hasn't been considered at all. It's very unfair and I can 100% see why you're upset- I would be, too.
Awoo

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

I don't know what this incident was that you two speak of, but my opinion remains: in my history, Rick's been good, and I'd be willing to give him a shot. After all, he did express desire to try and help, and I told him to make the application if he wanted to try and follow through with that desire, as long as he understood that it wouldn't be a walk in the park if he made the team.
The existence of the application was proof enough to me that he's willing to try.
It is only waffer thin.

EpigraphZero

Post by EpigraphZero »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: I don't know what this incident was that you two speak of, but my opinion remains: in my history, Rick's been good, and I'd be willing to give him a shot. After all, he did express desire to try and help, and I told him to make the application if he wanted to try and follow through with that desire, as long as he understood that it wouldn't be a walk in the park if he made the team.
The existence of the application was proof enough to me that he's willing to try.
The incident was that I was playing captain on the RP server one round a few weeks ago, and I went off to talk/RP with another character while the HoP and CE did their own thing elsewhere. In my absence, the CE died and it was presumably blamed on me, so I was PM'd by an admin (Worgilisk) and told not to go off to ERP while a head. I asserted that I was not ERPing (I've never done full-on ERP as a head despite it being permissible under certain conditions as of rule 8.5) and that the CE would've died even if I was patrolling around (no radio communication from them about what they were doing, had my headset on and was alert for emergencies the whole time), but I apologized for neglecting my duties regardless. After a brief, formal, and pleasant exchange with Worgilisk, it was done and dusted. I can quite safely say that I haven't neglected duties when playing a head role since. Worgilisk was very polite and understanding, and I was equally polite in turn, so I have no idea why other admins would even know about this incident or why it would be considered something worth vilifying me over.

I made this application fully prepared to commit myself to making the server a better place, but I had no idea just how convoluted the application process itself would be.

Slayerhero90

Post by Slayerhero90 »

Near as I can tell, this isn't a typical application process. Whether that's reassuring or not is up to you

That said, I don't got much experience with you from the position of mod but I haven't seen any shittery out of you while as a peer.

EpigraphZero

Post by EpigraphZero »

I'm going to bump this because I was never actually given a solid answer one way or another and I'd prefer not to be kept in further limbo.
I'm still a regular player on the server, and I'd still like to contribute to moderating and administrating it. Nothing about that has changed.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

After a discussion with the admin staff, I'm going to go ahead and officially deny the application, on the grounds that you've had a bad history.
Awoo