Clown Whitelist Application

Squibblin

Clown Whitelist Application

Post by Squibblin »

Discord name: I don't want random people adding me sorry.

Byond ckey: RoyalKurwa

Characters you currently play: Squibbles Walker, Genevieve Stuart

Job/Races you are applying for: Clown

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Some sort of clown based name (within the confines of the RP servers setting-- so not something like Kanye West etc.), I like to change it up occasionally though.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: On god? Who doesn't love a catgirl being given the key-to-clowndom? But mostly I'll be trying my best to tell funny jokes, light-hearted self-pranking and just a bit of slapstick-comedy. General tomfoolery.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: What usually happens when you break rules, but like, this time as a clown.

Auraknight

Re: Clown Whitelist Application

Post by Auraknight »

I've been intentionally holding off on replying to this whitelist specifically. While I'm not a fan of people who don't accurately fill in the fields on an application, I do at least recognize you as a player. I'd like to give you the benifit of the doubt and give you a +1 here, but I would also appreciate if you'd give us at least an example of a clown name you'd use for this.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello, Squibblin.

Reading over your application I'm immediately hit with a bit of concern.

To start, it's not a great idea to not list what name you're giving this specific character as it makes it harder for us to log and tell which character you're intent on playing as in order to keep an eye on you in order to see if you're adhering to whitelist rules or not. Secondly, I haven't really seen you on the server a whole lot but as well as that I myself haven't been active recently. On the third, and final, note; I feel it relevant to politely remind you that in your final question's answer does have extra caveats in which if you break a rule and it's a particularly heinous incident you can have your whitelist revoked.

The aforementioned thoughts provided, I can't help but feel there's some red flags being raised to me here. I have to drop a -1 on you with this, in which I do not feel as if you've read over the whitelisting rules, and didn't give much thought into your whitelist application before making it. I urge you to please read over rules on whitelisting and think over your application before I can safely give a +1 as whitelisted roles are whitelisted for a reason, and I don't believe it would be in our best interest to give you this job role out of concern it would potentially unfold into some sort of issue in the future.

As it stands, my final verdict rests at a -1.

Thank you for your application,
~Jay

Squibblin

Post by Squibblin »

Redflags? I just want to play clown and tell jokes to people, I'm not here to kick the ants nest. (Addressing word for Royalty(King, Queen, ect.) based on gender, unless you choose to identify with a gender and or non-binary pronoun of which hasn't been given an alternate title for Royalty as of yet.)) Like, I wanted to cause a ruckus I'd have done it by now by roleplaying being some Mary-Sue who claims to know central war commanders and can get away with doing anything(tm).

I read all those rules, hell I had them open when I was writing it- I just didn't really think it mattered that much considering it was to play as Clown (Do they have weapons or something, I'm not sure, I'm still figuring out the Tether changes.)
Another thought I had is, well is Clown a race? (Like, when people are saying they hate clowns- is that racism?!) I get that entertainers are usually [poopy]heads but that's a problem of other servers such as main which don't police their actions enough- I don't know what to tell you. I mean I guess there's those Clown and Mime war events you guys do to spice up the rounds-- which kind of brush me the wrong way, sorry Event folks, I'm sure you put a lot of planning into it.

With my inactivity, after I don't know now, five - six years (help me I don't want to think of it like this, why have I kept coming back to SS13?) ongoing playing this downhill slope sex-vore-murder simulator it can be a real drag just playing it back to back to back, you know? Plus it's always a bonus when a good clown is infrequent in their visits, it makes it less overbearing and annoying to have them walking around telling stupid jokes- I'd even say it helps recycle old material. It also doesn't help that the server itself is hard to penetrate on a making friends basis with how cliqued it is, how big the map is leading to a lack of social interaction-- hell, everyone I associate with gets picked off by the admin ban-sniper eventually so it's just me, sitting in a room doing nothing for two to three hours. Yeah, sure, we get those 'fun' click mob midrounds for me to go do as a security officer but those get boring and repetitive, very fast (See: Solargrubs that evolve causing it all to end anyway.) Now, with a clown role, I might be able to broadcast to a wider audience of folks and drum up some friendships. Though, that's also a longshot because of how the experience of playing main taints your perception of clowns, I don't know, I'm trying to bring enjoyment to a game I like by trying something different.

I knew it would take quite sometime for my application to actually get replied to owing to how little people check the forums. (hell, the only reason I know you two replied is because someone reminded me that I had an application open). Which in turn gave me time to generate some names.

My thoughts were:

-Patches (A raggedy sort clown, dry-deadpan sort humor.)
-Buttons (A clown in a suit? How exciting! For this one, I'd probably go with some more witty jokes for the crew.)
-Threads (A clown tailor, perhaps. I'd have to find one those excavation kit type things for a tape-measure, probably a bluespace bag to store outfits in for the comical throwing things out the bag gag.)
-Stitches (A clown obsessed with keeping everyones garments maintained- probably pun based humor? That'd be a treat.)

Roll a D4, pick one yourself- I don't really mind either way.

Maybe I'll muscle in on the Blowjob game (I won't, it's a joke. I'm not gonna steal anyones characters don't swing the hammer yet.). That seems fun? Though, with how much this application sucked- I'd say my head game is better.

Also yeah, I guess my whitelist would be revoked but, considering if I did do something that bad, I'd probably be banned forever right? So I don't think there would really be a need. Unless you're talking breaking SOP and getting banned for that. That could be a reason why I would get unwhitelisted in this theoretical scenario.

My [butt] wrote a whole [butt] job application to play as a one-word name character that wears a costume when I could've just been playing a normal two-word name character that tells jokes in department clothes, oof.

Anyway, keep real. Love. :heart: Well, unless you don't like affection-- :( in that case, a distant neutral meeting of the eyes and a nod.

Yours sincerly,

Scrungus Runner.

[Eight Clown Stamps.]

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

+1 decent player great at doing fun things and have been for a long time
I trust them to not be a shitter.

Being overly paranoid on a half dead server with no hard evidence of a long time player being bad is terrible for health.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

+1 The initial post seems not to be taking things seriously but it is a clown application so I suppose that makes sense. Follow-up post addressed any concerns I might have had. I don't see any issues here.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Sure, why not. Sounds entertaining. +1