[LordDogeisCool] Protean App-bean (rhyme)

LordDoge

[LordDogeisCool] Protean App-bean (rhyme)

Post by LordDoge »

I learned that the protean apps were closed after posting. My bad!

Discord name: Doggus#0001

Byond ckey: LordDogeisCool

Characters you currently play: Kurt Stolt, Anne Mahieu, Sanitater, Sofia Kraus. I've also played Takayahaca, Duvur Granitejaw. Just not nearly as recent.

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Ilse Hoffmann (Probably! I may change it!)

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Unlike many who found themselves aboard the Triumph, this particular Protean has no organic background. There is no unfortunate story, or extreme event leading to a climactic creation. This particular Protean had one, simple job. Created for a reason that is all too important. What could possibly be so important, you may ask? This Protean pushed plenty of buttons. Now, it would not be a button in the conventional sense, it is truly the scientific sort! From a manufacturer located within the Kingdom of Moghes, all too close to the Galactic Exclusion Zone, worked as a scientific researcher for the very facility it was built in. An entirely self-ran Protean production plant populated primarily by these creations. With every passing model came improvement after improvement, a continually updating, replicating population. What could go wrong? As it turns out, a lot. But as I have said initially, there is no unfortunate story. In fact, it was quite a simple life. A nice life.

Like many of it's own kind, the technology of such a creature is dipped deeply within mystery. Many of the participants in such a facility were almost entirely convinced that this situation was an experiment in and of itself. The organics around kept tight lipped about the creation of this program, but that was alright. These organics were friends, they provided an outsider perspective, they helped these synthetic individuals to grow their own personality. Beyond what was initially programmed, of course. How Ilse ended up on Triumph? Simple! It asked. After thirty years of partaking in this program, all synthetic bodies have the opportunity to leave. Thirty in particular was because they had to make sure they were emotionally developed enough to function properly within the real world. Some prefer that sheltered life, but Ilse? A curious one. It wanted to see more.

It was a quick realization that this "species" may not be entirely appreciated in towards the high density populations of the galactic center, or perhaps the Orion Spur. It just so happens that Triumph is in dire need of more staff! In space quite a bit of distance away from the mega-centers of organic life? A perfect opportunity!

So here she is.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:

From what I know? There is no real, centrally organized lore of the Protean. But there are a few generally agreed upon ideas that make up this construct. Nanomachines! A colony of them, in fact. This comes with it's own fair share of caveats, such as the inability to feel pain (uh oh!), no need to breath, nor have any sort of DNA in any sense of the word. The swarm has some sort of central intelligence, essentially a positron. This is the reason for the collective to have a centralized personality (in most cases), or even function as one being. Another factor is the ability to become a mass with no true shape, more like a glob than anything. This is also where the majority of repairs are made. These nanomachines are able to replicate via the "consumption" of steel sheets. While it can function without any in reserve, this can severely limit their capabilities. This mass must be connected to the majority, the core. If a limb is severed, that limb will not start running around like a cracked out version of a robo-facehugger. It will be dead. And any lost nanites will need to be created once more from that steel reserve.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: No honking here.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:

Absolutely anything necessary. Be it a species ban, a warn, a kick, or a player ban. This is a big species with heavy expectations to fulfill and add to the RP environment. If I abuse that opportunity and privilege that goes along with it? (Mechanical privileges, that is.) Then yeah, that's on me.

SpessInquisitor

Re: [LordDogeisCool] Protean App-bean (rhyme)

Post by SpessInquisitor »

I'm really sorry for the wait on this, but, I've given it a read. We're still sorting out proper protean lore right now, along with some of their code, but I think this application is solid enough. I'm giving it a tentative +1 for now.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello, LordDogeisCool,

On my opening statement I would like to firmly note that I've seen you before and that I've seen what you and the other person you hang around tend to get up to. I've had experience with you in the past and I personally do not think this species is right for you at the moment based on context clues and prior history with you and the other person in question.

As well as that, Protean whitelists (I do believe) are currently closed as we have an over abundance of protean players at the moment as well as lore rewrites and so-on being undergone at this moment. That said, I figure in your case I do have to give a sort of judgement as I've made my sentiment towards you getting the race clear as day here: Even if it weren't applicable at this moment, I would stay the same path in giving you a -1 due to prior behavior and past experiences with you in the server.

I also would like to formally apologize in saying that this species is closed, however, incase it reopens in the future I have pre-emptively voted towards your whitelist case. I do not feel comfortable giving you any other vote in this situation, and I feel my stance is firm on this one personally. If any other persons can swing by and give more than what me and SpessInquisitor has given you vote wise (this being when whitelists for this specie inevitably DO reopen), then by all means. However, as it stands, my verdict is -1.

Thank you for applying,
~Jay

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

application will be moved to denied in 24 hours not because it's "mechanically" denied but because protean apps are still closed
protean application status will be reevaluated in the future