Whomst do you align with?

Total votes: 0

kfive

Entertainerkin WL - k5

Post by kfive »

Discord name: k5#5555

Byond ckey: KFive

Job/Races you are applying for: Entertainerkin

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Sapper the Battle Honkineer

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: He'd seen things. Fifteen years of war for control of Honkutopia against the mimes had taught him that fun was in the eye of the beholder. He didn't want, however, to look any one of those damn mimes in the eye ever again. No, his his combat experience had taught him one thing and one thing alone. If you and the enemy disagree on what it means to have fun, war is hell. He'd seen mimes fall to boxing-glove-cream-pie landmines, and slip forever on lubed superglue banana peels. His own comrades would be picked off by the suspender UFOs one by one, then dropped into individual soundproof rooms, or take a bite out of the mimanas launched by the mime snipers and find themselves speechless. But in the midst of all the chaos, he'd had glimpses of fun. Every time one of his regiment accidentally took some of their own bikehorn artillery to the face, the whole regiment laughed, and he treasured those moments during which the mimes were too confused to retaliate.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
These monstrous creatures pursue a single objective: pure funobtanium - the fuel that makes them funny. There have always been four camps: The Stoic (mimes), the Manic (clowns), the Depressive (Purebreed Assistants) and the Obsessive (The original Heads of Staff). The Stoic and the Manic have been at war for longer than any can remember. The depressive find and create new tools and then sell them to both camps for a good price. The Obsessive try and shout commands that nobody listens to - they might as well not even be there.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: Tastefully integrating the entertainers into departments as regular staff, but then engaging in shenanigans such as but not limited to: accurate but unintuitive labeling (medicine bottles labeled "drink me if you got bashed"), abysmal paperwork requirements (At least two forms, one being nonsensical), unexpected modifications that simultaneously improve workflow and confuse the employees (Adding teleporters to various areas into medbay but with absolutely no rule as to arrangement), as well as the usual engaging in jokes and pantomime as applicable.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Couldn't say, depends on the admin, the rule, and how good my excuse is - the latter point being key in any entertainer role. EDIT: I have come to the realization that this is one of those canned answer questions where it's the same "it all gets undone" response for everyone.
Last edited by kfive on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMajor

RE: Entertainerkin WL - k5

Post by BlackMajor »

That's uh...
Quite the story...
Lil' on the fence, I'll be honest. The answer to that last question didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Seems like you've an intent of telling some unorthadox plotline though like you're your own species, I can respect that and have a laugh.

You've a... half-hearted approval from me. Albeit uneasy. See if you can get someone else or two to approve as well.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'll give this one a +1, k5 is a very good player, after all

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Moved to approved.