Nickybuttons12345 - Xenomorph Hybrid

Nickybuttons12345

Nickybuttons12345 - Xenomorph Hybrid

Post by Nickybuttons12345 »

Discord name: Nickybuttons12345#2695

Byond ckey: Nickybuttons12345

Job/Races you are applying for: Xenomorph Hybrid

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Ada One-Nine (AKA A-D419)

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. Ada One-Nine (Also known as A-D419) is a xenomorph hybrid created by NanoTrasen approximately 29 years ago. She and her siblings were created mostly using human genetic materials combined with xenomorphs (obviously). Ultimately the majority of her siblings failed in some way or another, whether it be physical or mental development errors or they were just too aggressive, she ended up the last particularly viable candidate. She demonstrated far less aggression, thanks largely to the scientists learning from their past mistakes and altering her development, while also performing minor internal genetic and mechanical augmentations throughout her development to further improve her rationality and reasoning. She ended up developing an almost curious personality, constantly seeking new information. Steadfast, iron willed, and rather stoic, she doesn't like to betray much emotion in front of strangers. Strangely she shows a serious disdain for feral xenomorphs, bordering on hate, she deeply dislikes being compared to them. Of course she turned out to be a carnivore, with raw beef being her favorite food (although living in laboratory conditions has gotten her to eat nutripaste if nothing else is available). As a final test of their experiment, it was decided she will be considered a role on the NBS Adephagia to see how she interacts with crewmembers on a day to day basis, rather than during controlled, tightly limited experiments. As a precaution she's still given a tracking beacon and is barred from taking security or command roles. All the same she seems eager to begin her new life aboard the station (even if she doesn't like to show her excitement)

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Xenomorph hybrids are rather self explanatory, artificially created beings made from splicing human (or any sentient really, just usually human) and xenomorph DNA. Xenomorphs themselves are rather notorious apex predators with extremely acidic blood, an extremely invasive and lethal parasitic means of reproduction, and an equally extreme aggression towards other creatures. But that's a bit aside from the point. Xenomorph - Hybrids on the other hand almost always undergo several modifications. For one, they lose the ability to reproduce normally (lay eggs and make facehuggers). Their acid blood is usually toned down, while not as volatile you still probably don't want to get any on yourself (going to give you some nasty chemical burns but won't melt through multiple decks of a ship). In most cases their natural aggression has been removed through gene editing, important to remember that even though their natural state is now more neutral that doesn't mean they can't be triggered into a more aggressive, slightly more primal state (like if they are wounded or seriously threatened). As a final note hybrids never have a connection to the poorly understood xenomorph hivemind, something about hybridizing them immediately cuts this connection. Beyond this it's difficult to pinpoint an exact biology due to the fact that while human DNA is the most common foster species, the possibilities are really unlimited for what hybrids could look and function like given certain combinations of DNA. The same applies to their culture, due to being a lab grown species they don't really have any specific culture, beyond maybe adopting their foster species culture to some extent.
What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect that I will be immediately reprimanded for whatever I did, depending on the severity of the violation anywhere from a warning to a full on ban. I'm fully accepting the fact that the whitelist can be taken away at any time necessary.

Feel free to offer up criticism. Meant to submit this application sooner but some things came up and it got delayed. I have a couple of other character ideas that will probably require apps, so using this to sort of test the waters.

BlackMajor

RE: Nickybuttons12345 - Xenomorph Hybrid

Post by BlackMajor »

"As a precaution she's still given a tracking beacon and is barred from taking security or command roles."
I enjoy people who intentionally restrict their characters, this is a boon to their roleplaying.

You've got your grip on your idea, so that's all well and done. Got my favor.

As per the norm, get approval from another admin or two before proceeding.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

+1 here, like Black said, intentionally restricting a character because it works better for roleplay is a very big positive.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Moved to approved.