Approval Request: XenoChimera

VanVonVoom

Approval Request: XenoChimera

Post by VanVonVoom »

Good sunday afternoon! Noticed the new(ish) roleplay server popped up and wanted to get on in as one of my typical characters to see that bat-esq characters have a very specific playstyle now. Tried to find as much information on them as I could and this is what I put together with the information I could pull from the character creator / GM notes about these guys:

Discord name: Abelshift#6290

Byond ckey: Abelshift

Job/Races you are applying for: Xenochimera

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Tessa "Shift" Silvus

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Tessa was created as part of a up and coming DNA Splicer's project. When she was young she was just as all the other Xenochimera produced: unstable, prone to violent outbursts, and of course prone to biting into just about anything that smelt good enough to eat. It wasn't until she started to come of age that she began to notice the older chimera were being plucked from the test facility and never heard from again. Through choice questions to the handlers at the facility she come to learn that the facility is made for organ harvesting. Seeing as her kind are by in large seen as monsters, it was easy to dehumanize and farm them this way. Terrified of being killed and harvested, Tessa plotted a massive revolt that while hugely unsuccessful, leading to the deaths of a huge number of her lab mates, did result in her escape of the station Via stolen space craft. Out on her own she quickly learned that she will not survive in the galaxy living as she had with her violent outbursts and taste for blood. In addition, she quickly found herself starving and on the run from bounty hunters and in hopes of escaping public view, took any job she could find aboard a space station far from her original home where she hopes to overcome the stereotypes of her kind and make a life for herself.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: From what I understand of the limited material I could find, they are spliced together DNA monsters who are known to be very dangerous with violent outbursts when under stress or hungry. It furthermore hints to the hunger being a problem for them and seeing as they are batlike I imagine that means I could skin it as a bloodlust and play a vampire bat-esq character. They do also possess a unique ability to regenerate their body at the cost of energy and are in general kept a close eye on and feared for being the genetic freaks they are.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: I can't say I see myself being either one of those, but I have quite a bit of roleplaying experience on my belt and hope to provide a unique out of the ordinary character to be met and possibly dealt with when I get my footing.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I'd very much appreciate a warning but if it is particularly bad just toss me on out, I'll get the picture, haha.

If anything needs to be altered just let me know! I am more than happy to move anything around.

BlackMajor

RE: Approval Request: XenoChimera

Post by BlackMajor »

Your backstory mismatches with what a Xenochimera is, but I'm not exactly going to demand you change your own characters lore. Spins on things are welcome afterall.
Though, you do seem to assume that a Feral xenochimera can only be violent. While our current xenochimera players tend to just be more animalistic and scatter and defend themselves when approached while feral, the more appropriate option.

In any case, i'm allright with this. Just know your boundaries.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I... Will halfheartedly throw my approval at this one. Just keep in mind that Xenochimera are not always violent when they go feral, and are more prone to acting like an animal thrown into a place it doesn't understand and you'll be fine.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Moved to approved.