SpessInquisitor - Vox Application

SpessInquisitor

SpessInquisitor - Vox Application

Post by SpessInquisitor »

Discord name: Sentre#3048

Byond ckey: SpessInquisitor

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Krikichee

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: The Vox Pariah known as Krikichee was found by NT after smacking into the side of the NSB Adephagia's orbital station one fateful shift. After smacking into the station proper, he had clawed his way in and tried to jury-rig an escape pod (after stealing some vital engineering supplies) to send him back to where he came from, which led to him getting arrested by Security. After being brought before Central Command, the Vox was coerced into becoming part of the station's crew, or else face a lengthy prison sentence for attempted sabotage. So far, Krikichee has only been permitted to be an Intern, though rumblings suggest that he will be sent out on explorations as a way of getting rid of the spiteful bird...

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Space-faring scavanger birbs. The playable Vox are of the Primalis group, one of four alongside the Armalis, Auralis, and Apex. For the most part, they are spiteful leeches, happy to steal and scavenge from non-Vox. There is a fifth group, the Pariahs, who are essentially Vox outcasts. The Pariahs do everything they can to stay away from normal Vox, for various reasons, so working for NT may seem appealing to them. Vox are separated from normal species due to their thick scaly skin, reliance on phoron for breathing, and their culture that treats non-Vox as objects to ignore, fight, or steal from.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Just because Vox like to steal stuff shouldn't be an excuse to steal important objects just because. If I'm caught making a nest out of guns stolen from the armory, or hording clean syringes to throw at dust-breathers, I'm expected to get hit with a species ban, or even a traditional ban if the case is severe enough.
Last edited by SpessInquisitor on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

kfive

RE: SpessInquisitor - Vox Application

Post by kfive »

SpessInquisitor wrote: Vox are separated from normal species due to their thick scaly skin, reliance on nitrogen for breathing
IIRC on Virgo code, it's Phoron, not Nitrogen, that they breathe.

I have filled rooms with 100% phoron for vox before, and one of their key alienating features is their abhorrent stench of phoron.

That said, if my opinion counts this is a pretty good backstory and character design.

SpessInquisitor

Post by SpessInquisitor »

kfive wrote:
SpessInquisitor wrote: Vox are separated from normal species due to their thick scaly skin, reliance on nitrogen for breathing
IIRC on Virgo code, it's Phoron, not Nitrogen, that they breathe.

I have filled rooms with 100% phoron for vox before, and one of their key alienating features is their abhorrent stench of phoron.

That said, if my opinion counts this is a pretty good backstory and character design.
Is it Phoron on Virgo code? I could have sworn I read it was Nitrogen on Vorestation. I'll change it, just to be safe. And yeah, they do tend to stink of it. Pariahs stink too, but that's because they're slowly rotting.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Very clearly shows you have a good idea of the species lore, and I've not heard much against you as a player. I'm happy to give this my approval.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Sounds good to me. Don't be so spiteful you start instigating fights all the time unecessarily however.
Moving to approved.