Snow n chrysanthemums - Protean whitelist application

snow n' chrysanthemums

Snow n chrysanthemums - Protean whitelist application

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

Discord name: Scarlet Chrysanthemum#5971

Byond ckey: Snow n chrysanthemums

Characters you currently play: Samdup Tashi, Zuo Yingqi, etc.

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognize and log):
Not too sure yet, I am leaning towards the name towards three names: Dawazhaxi,Electrum, or Jiabaoyu

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

The character(s) will have been created by KHI, on slightly later than the other.
The first one will likely be constrained to a doctor/engineering role, but be inquisitive, open-minded, and most dangerously of all not have any constraints on will placed on them. This unit may harbor a bit of resentment towards organics, specifically the science division due to the fact they were observed and were not allowed "true upbringing" like human children did. Such a protean would be somewhat "asocial", capable of complex human interactions, but somewhat of a blunt and direct person with great knowledge, limited only by the lack of their understanding of more nuanced human emotions.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
"What's if feel to be standing around while the more advanced units complete the actual mission?" - JC Denton
Jokes aside, Proteans are considered to be fully synthetic. As such they are not a species per say, they have three organs, a posibrain, refractory module, and orchestrator. They are created from Kitshuana Heavy Industries, and reside on NT property for experimental purposes kinda like the Soviet scientist who contacted his own virus. Therefore, they are familiar human culture most likely, and have generalized concepts of humanity down much better than the dirty prommes do. However, they still likely lack certain emotions, and may occasionally act extremely out of context were they a human. They aren't capable of "reproduction" yet, (although it may be possible in the future, if any Protean were to steal KHI's documents or learn the concept behind themselves.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: Not applying for either. Can answer if needed

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
I expect to be delisted from the whitelist and a blanket temp ban at least. A perma at worst.

Mewchild

Re: Snow n chrysanthemums - Protean whitelist application

Post by Mewchild »

As I understand it, KHI doesn't exist in Citadel's lore; It's been written out in it's entirety.

snow n' chrysanthemums

I asked Blackmajor and the reply I was given was that KHI is still cannon as of now.

If we need a protean lore page I could type it up.

Edit: I pulled a terminal stupid. It was removed from the lore but I misread the message.
Last edited by snow n' chrysanthemums on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scorpion_117

Post by scorpion_117 »

Ya KHI is technically cannon for now, None of the new written lore is official. So for the moment it looks correct, would like to know the backstory of how they ended up working for NT if they're made by KHI and a final name and you'll earn my +1.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Good, friendly player. Detailed, well thought out app.
Got my +1

snow n' chrysanthemums

Here is the current setting. I will wait until feedback arrives to correct and change them if you wish before playing.

I have left out KHI and replaced it with NT because why would they let a Protean aboard a possible competition (also pending a lore rewrite). Feel free to exchange the company in question with KHI for the majority of these back stories.

Again, I have two conceptual characters, I will likely PK one of them cause we don't need that much snowflakeness going around freezing my dead heart, here is the (rather) normal one:
Concept 1 : Electrum
One of the many creations resulting 'accidental' experiment by Hesphaistos Industries (or KHI... lore rework pending) related to exponential nanite growth as a remote kill switch, or perhaps a potential weapon against synthetics and organics resulted in the creation of Proteans, Electrum was constructed in an case study attempt to see if it was possible to construct nanite shells capable of hosting synthetic beings, and later, humans. Taught the basics of human interaction by an anachronistic scientist-philosopher, the nanite swarm spent many a day reciting philosophy, history, or law. It was only when creator realizes such beholding of Electrum against its will, being the Daoist he was, the man decided to let the creation wander the stars to find his own way. So Electrum wanders, hiding behind the scenes of his mentor while actually being in charge of his own will.
tl;dr: Fortech, IAA, or medical, Good luck getting it to feel any sympathy for you though.