Vox Application

DexterDude

Vox Application

Post by DexterDude »

Discord name: Heretic#0854

Byond ckey: DexterDude

Characters you currently play: Xil-Bar. I've taken a break from RP for a while but I'm coming back to it. I've played a bit after my break but not particularly much.

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Khoratchaki

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Khoratchaki is a Vox Primalis roughly five and a half feet tall. They are fairly used to non-vox and aren't as disdainful as most other Vox due to scolding from persons in a higher position, but are still a hardass nonetheless. They typically freelance into many roles when they are needed including: Security, Engineering and Cargo but try their best to stay from medical roles unless it is absolutely needed so he isn't required to heal the tree-less (Do note that I will heal someone if they actually need it as non-medical and medical). They specifically requested a transfer from a NT Science Vessel to Virgo due to it being a plasma rich planet, though it was denied the first time. After a long duration of showing good faith towards NT, their second request was eventually approved, allowing them to start their first shift on the space elevator.

How they got to NT: During a raid on an NT mining platform they were severely injured by security personnel and left for dead by their Vox companions. Once the mining platform had recovered from it's recent attack they took in Khoratchaki and forced them into labor for a good while, doing dangerous tasks that the supervisors of the mining platform wouldn't ask their employee's to do. Eventually they were able to escape by hijacking an exports shuttle. Once they had escaped they were intercepted by security vessels and captured. NT offered a pardon to them if they took up employment on a science vessel that was severely understaffed, in which they accepted.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: I particularly enjoy Vox as anything other than the Vox Primalis is almost a complete mystery to any non-vox, and even some of the tools Primalis have that are of Vox origin are a mystery to them. Primalis and any other Vox have a very brutal culture, with Primalis taking up things outside of the Arkships such as workers on NT stations while the other Vox "Races" or "Species" remain on the Arkships. Their appearance is a mix of raptor-like and bird-like, with quills growing out of the top of their head and are covered in scales. Vox are able to control their scales and can form a sort of "space suit" with them for low pressure environments.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect my whitelist to be taken away at the very minimum, and very likely a ban if I specifically use this species's ability to tank stuns to powergame and the like.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Vox Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Evident thought and effort put into this. I'd give it a plus one despite not knowing you, the player, all that well.

+1

DexterDude

Post by DexterDude »

I appreciate the quick feedback. Also, yeah, I haven't been playing all that much recently on RP but I'm getting back into it.

Allakai

Post by Allakai »

I dont think I've personally interacted with Xil before on the server. The name is familiar though. Given I've seen Dexter/ Heretic before and know for a fact they roleplay really well on other servers, and that their Vox app looks great I give a solid +1.
I cannot believe that worked. I wish I knew what I was doing.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

ArgonianVampirey

Post by ArgonianVampirey »

The more vox the better +1

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Allakai wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:10 am
I dont think I've personally interacted with Xil before on the server. The name is familiar though. Given I've seen Dexter/ Heretic before and know for a fact they roleplay really well on other servers, and that their Vox app looks great I give a solid +1.
ArgonianVampirey wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 pm
The more vox the better +1
While a more active community that cares is definitely a good thing, only staff +1's are considered. All an application needs to get accepted is two plus ones from two different staff.

So, thanks for participating, but, your votes don't count in this regard :P

DexterDude

Post by DexterDude »

Honestly the responses on stuff for this take ludicrously long. I'd prefer players being able to +1 with an increased amount over having to wait weeks to months for my application to be approved.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Been a while, but I still vaguely remember you. IIRC you were a fairly well behaved player.

That, and your app is pretty detailed, enough for me to be willing to give you a +1