Discord name:
Divino#3103

Byond ckey:
Darkwolf6180

Characters you currently play:
Divino Duket, Dizet Duket, Randy Hayhurst, Ivory

Job/Races you are applying for:
Mime

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log):
Serious Surgeon

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
I shall elaborate upon the backstory simply out of wanting to further my case for a successful acceptance into mimehood.
Serious Surgeon, who's real name I shall not elaborate upon (as I would like to have some air of moderate mystery to his character), is a white-dyed raven who mimes surgeries. To be a true, qualified surgeon has been more or less a goal of his ever since a young age, wherein he found himself obsessed with the complex masterpieces that are the bodies of many sentient beings. Ever since learning of the artwork that constitutes himself and all others, he's since attempted to get into the field, however due to a rather rough family life, has ended up with little money to accomplish this. As such, he's taken to self-teaching, and though he might not be able to practice his craft professionally, he is able to do the next best thing. Dubious doctoring? Of course not. Rather, pretending to do his dream occupation, and still making a profit in doing so. Miming out a surgery is his main go-to for entertaining others, though he utilizes all forms of play doctor that one might expect. As such, he has attempted to take on a more "fitting" appearing for a doctor, bringing white apparel, nitrile-like gloves, and even going so far as to attempt to color himself akin to a dove, setting aside his purplish black hues for an ivory appearance. The character will primarily focus on themes of poverty (as overused as my other characters make this theme, I still enjoy it), attempting to be something you're not (though could be), living a lie, and internal-external conflict.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Ravens are like bigger crows.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:
As mentioned before, a main aspect of the character's miming will be effectively doing play doctor, and I have several interesting ideas to make this simple concept much more enjoyable. I am willing to spoil one notable one for this application, though more can be introduced; emoting with the "me" verb in order to emote out the messages people get when performing surgery. I.E. "Serious Surgeon starts an incision on ____'s chest with the fountain pen." in casual situations, though of course I would write much longer emotes after the first or second use of this, in order to keep the mime-play fresh.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Of course for my rights to this job to be taken away until I am deemed fit or otherwise to regain or lose them permanently. Further yet, punishment as needed past a mere whitelist job ban.

SgtRyder

Re: Darkwolf6180 's mime application

Post by SgtRyder »

Seems well thought out enough, at least to me (and also kinda familiar), and I think you're a good player, so I'll throw in my +1.

HazelBailey

Re: Darkwolf6180 's mime application

Post by HazelBailey »

Divino has always proven to be a thoughtful, good player. Plus, the king of mimes has approved it, and the character seems really interesting, so it has my +1