EliteXKiller00's Diona Application

EliteXkiller00

EliteXKiller00's Diona Application

Post by EliteXkiller00 »

Discord name: Commie_Mario#2552

Byond ckey: EliteXKiller00

Characters you currently play: Azzam Vihtori Al-Shakoor, William Buttersworth

Job/Races you are applying for: Diona

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Insight of Many Stars

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Many years ago, a team of Skrell scientists were studying a large gestalt in the upper atmosphere of a previously uncharted gas giant. They worked together with the gestalt to further both their studies of each other. After the scientists were done with their studies on the gestalt, they were gifted nymphs for future studies as thanks and hopes for future collaboration. These nymphs were observed by the scientists and the nymphs did the same back. The nymphs were given some blood from the various scientists to hopefully allow them to form into an adult Diona. Their research bore fruit and the nymphs successfully formed into an adult Diona. This Diona showed a fondness for science due to the nymphs studying the scientists and the scientists could not be happier to assist it in learning. Over the next few years, the Diona worked side-by-side with the scientists; learning their languages, various cultures, and of course studying various sciences. The Diona was quick to learn sciences like chemistry and xenobiology along with some others as well. The Diona accompanied them to many star systems all the while gaining more and more knowledge. Eventually the Diona called itself Insight of Many Stars due to its travelling with the crew. Overtime however, the crew, along with Insight of Many Stars, split apart. One of the scientists didn't want the knowledge of the Diona to be of waste so they sent it to NanoTrasen where they offered it a position as a Scientist. Insight of Many Stars accepted in hopes of furthering their scientific studies.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Dionaea are a plant-like species that are made up of individual organisms that combine into one larger being. They are slow moving, thinking and talking though are relatively smart, feed off light and radiation, feel little to no pain and are somewhat emotionless. Diona don't quite understand most social norms and mostly speak in first person plural, e.g "we" and "us". They also have their own language, Rootsong. They start as seeds, then grow into nymphs which are similar to a child. The nymphs need blood and after enough they grow to the adult Dionaea we know and love. Skrell found them 3 centuries ago, most Vox respect them, and everyone else just finds them as friends.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: As with anything, either I would get my whitelist removed in most cases and/or be banned entirely for more extreme things.

DiscordWizard

Re: EliteXKiller00's Diona Application

Post by DiscordWizard »

As a Diona player myself, even though I'm not rp staff, I think the story and the summary of the species proves that you know their lore and how to play them, plus I'm happy to see people making diona characters so I support this whitelist being approved

HazelBailey

Re: EliteXKiller00's Diona Application

Post by HazelBailey »

I can approve this one. Has a good sense of the lore and has a detailed backstory. +1 from me