Scrub's Vox application

Scrub

Scrub's Vox application

Post by Scrub »

Discord name: Scrub#6990

Byond ckey: Jizzard

Characters you currently play: Scrub, a maid Teshari

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox (Primalis)

Name of the character you intend to be using: Zeep-Zeep

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Zeep-Zeep was a medical officer on an Arkship and of course the raiding parties of said Arkship. In the area of space Zeep-Zeep was in it had large populations of humans, humans which should be stupid monkeys to them but oddly enough not so to Zeep-Zeep. After a while Zeep-Zeep felt disgusted at the treatment their fellow Vox gave to the humans, and soon came to realize they’re the most beautiful creatures in the universe and must be protected. Zeep-Zeep would stay behind on the raiding ship or even await the return of raiding ships on the Arkship and would often ask questions to the returning party about the humans they encountered.
These questions were very thinly veiled in obvious fake disgust, a tone no ‘normal’ Vox should take and their behavior ended up giving away their extremely deviant behavior. The last straw was a ‘shrine’ of sorts constructed by Zeep-Zeep found in a med-bay locker under their charge. Most likely through dumb luck Zeep-Zeep was able to steal an escape pod and barrel out from the Arkship, and with nowhere to go save for the very human space they were raiding they tested their luck, to this station 13; the last place they hadn’t raided. Upon being accepted as a Jr. Medical officer, as admittedly Zeep-Zeep has no idea how to treat races beyond Vox, they are in-training on the station as of right now. This is handy as Zeep-Zeep has a bases to go on and it gives them and excuse to be so close to… those precious, lovely humans. To think they once had to assist in killing the perfect speices. Oh and their previous name Zeepkekekii was fine but, to be more accommodating to the humans they now go by Zeep-Zeep, a name the human relations officer gave to them upon interviewing them. Zeep-Zeep will never forget what they said, “Alright listen I’m not saying your shitty bird name, call yourself Zeep or something, and maybe uh, Zeep twice… Fuck it.” Poetry.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: I’m not sure how detailed you want this, given how much I have written already. The Vox are basically a cross between three fantasy space races: The Romulans from Star Trek (more specifically post Romulus blowing up), this is where they get their nomadic, distrusting, paranoid, thieving, basically most of their more roguish traits.
The VUX from Star Control 2: this is where they get their hatred and disgust for all other things/races that are non-Vox. Also their whole “ew everything and all other species are disgusting even though we are literally disgusting raptor shitbirds it’s ironicccc”. They also get their whole, “we have technology so ancient and mysterious not even ourselves really know how it works anymore” thing too.

And finally their style of ship, homes, ‘clans/families’ is very similar to the Yehat from Star Control II, which just so happened to have dino-like traits as well as being shitbirds. Also reincarnation through their “stacks” (aka brains basically) into ‘new’ Vox.

Basically I am saying each of the three parts that make up the Vox is one of those races; the behavior from VUX and Romulans plus their whole homeworld situation, their tech stuff from VUX and Yehat, and the whole clans of birds thing from Yehat. Bit of a weird break down but whoever strummed up the Vox clearly had inspiration from at least Star Control 2.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Well I’d lose my whitelist at minimum and worst get temp banned if I used the race to particularly be rude (like harassing sec excessively).

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Scrub's Vox application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I can't say I've seen ya around, then again, I've been taking a short break from CitRP; anyways, I had been on the verge of writing, 'But, Zeep-Zeep isn't a canonically friendly Vox name,' than I read Zeepkekekii. The name should be no issue if you set your name as Zeepkekekii and your Nickname to Zeep-Zeep to fit with the backstory you've provided. Speaking of which, I like it. For once a character whose fatal flaw is actually interesting (and can be exploited by the company they're working for.) Your odd way of describing the Vox definitely show you can draw comparisons and similarities to attain a better understanding of the species; is good. The only thing about this I don't like is your response to, 'what do you expect to happen if you use this race to violate server rules?' It's rather lackluster. That, and, if you somehow manage to break all our rules at once, then be toxic about it; that'd be a solid perma. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, I don't see that happening.

tl;dr This application has my support.

Scrub

Post by Scrub »

Thank you Avarice. I wrote the last bit without the idea in my head that I was going full force griefer mode to break all rules at once. I read it as it is written, "if you violate any of the server rules" I assume that didn't mean all of them at once! But yes, if I somehow did violate all rules at once I expect to be perma'd. If I violated a single rule, I... Am not sure if that is perma grounds? Maybe I should recheck that? I am not sure of the punishments for particular rule breaking.

I realize if I welder bombed the locked dorms I would most likely get perma'd or at least banned for a looong time vs if I accidentally wrote a character feeling in the description only text I don't know how that would be punished other than admin telling me to rewrite it?

I also realize if I break a rule specific to the white list, I would lose said whitelist (aka self-antagging on sec as Vox to tank stuns)

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Well, I see no reason to deny you this whitelist. Now we just need to wait for another Stafferino to get around to reading and judging your application. Feel free to ping some of them ;)

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Avarice has pretty much covered all of my concerns already and has also summarized my feelings towards this app perfectly. +1 from me