AlexThePrettyGood Plasmaman (Phoronoid) whitelist

AlexThePrettyGood

AlexThePrettyGood Plasmaman (Phoronoid) whitelist

Post by AlexThePrettyGood »

Discord name: AlexThePrettyGood#4392

Byond ckey: AlexThePrettyGood

Characters you currently play: Angelica Stewart, Jennie Prescott, Jaqueline Murphey,Cyrkit

Job/Races you are applying for: Phoronoid

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Oganesson XLVII, a Phoronoid

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Originating from the Phoronoid homeplanet, Boron 3, he was a member of one of the religious tribes for all of his life. Throughout his entire life, he remained a pessimist, always finding the worst in things. One fateful day, during a worship, he merely did so much as to complain about having to wake up so early. This caused the religious leader to exile him for life, causing him to roam around the surface of the planet. After only a few days on his own, a nanotrasen ship landed on the planet, and found him. They offered him a job, working for nanotrasen. The last words he said on the surface of the planet Boron 3 were, "Hell, couldn't be much worse than where I am now."

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: A mineral-based species, comprised of a human-like skeleton made of condensed phoron, which combusts upon coming in contact with oxygen. Their organs are held in a sack in the ribcage, held up by lattice-like bones. It is believed they used to be an ancient species, which, when in contact with the planet Boron 3's heavily phoron atmosphere, developed Phoron-Reconstructurant syndrome. This syndrome slowly, over the course of many generations, began to replace the species' soft tissue with phoron.

To this day, they live on the planet Boron 3, in scattered groups of religious groups. They are rarely picked up by nanotrasen, but there's the occasional one willing to leave their group.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: If I use any of the race-specific mechanics to break any rules, I expect my whitelist privileges to be revoked. Also, depending on the rule violated, a temporary or permanent ban may be inflicted.
Last edited by AlexThePrettyGood on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: AlexThePrettyGood Plasmaman (Phoronoid) whitelist

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Keep in mind that Phoronoids are currently just being beta-tested, and, while they are fully test-merged; the current selection of people whitelisted are just testers for the race. This app won't be fully accepted or declined until Phoronoids are available for the whitelisted public.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Now that Phoronoid apps are open, this can properly be voted on by staff. Though at this time, I dont really feel like this has enough backstory or summary on the species for me to support it at the moment. Keep in mind that for now, until a headmin states otherwise, we're leaning on Paradise lore for their backstory, so that should help you out.

AvaricePleonexia

Hazel beating me to the punch all the time. Hmph.

I'll comment my support/lack there of, once you take some time to revise the lore section of the application. Feel free to notify us once you feel it's ready.

AlexThePrettyGood

Ah, I didn't know we were using paradise lore. I thought to use tg lore because I thought it'd have the least things interferring with the virgo lore (as I'm not sure the Grey exist). I'll gladly read the paradise lore, and make any necessary changes. I'll edit the page after I'm confident I know the lore well.

AlexThePrettyGood

I have finished editing it to match the paradise plasmamen lore. I excluded the relations to the Grey, as I wasn't sure if they exist in this lore.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

That's much better overall. You've got a +1 from me

AvaricePleonexia

Heeeyyyy! Well done! I'm gonna move this on through to accepted and ping the Head-bois to get your whitelist perms on the way.
Nice work.