Vasaduro - Vox Application

Karamitsuko

Vasaduro - Vox Application

Post by Karamitsuko »

Discord name: Karamitsuko#3810

Byond ckey: vasaduro

Characters you currently play: Korichi (synth), Prosperity (drone), Koi Mizu (protean), Valerie Kassis (sharkwolf)

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Yachikriki

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
(Note before I start: I've never even looked into the vox's backstory before, because I could never find it, so I'm really hoping that what I write here isn't just super retarded in terms of canonocity. Feel free to let me know in your review of this if anything here sucks, and a BIG thanks to Sentre, aka Krickichee, for helping me with this. Seriously, I wouldn't have been able to make this without their help.)

Originally, Yachikriki was meant to be an Armalis, specifically to lead raiding parties against corporate vessels for riches and things. However, due to negligence from the Apex tending to their creation, they were instead mistakenly created as just a physically standard Vox Primalis. Not wanting to throw away this perfectly good Primalis, the Apex decided that they would provide the cortical stack originally meant for them in their enhanced form. There were some compatibility issues, of course, the stack originally being meant for a Vox Armalis, some of the knowledge was lost on Yachikriki. However, much of the leadership skill and some bare knowledge of combat was kept. They also had an enhanced ability to learn new skills, but this would rarely come into use. Being a Vox Primalis with the stack meant for an Armalis, and originally being intended to be made an Armalis did not give them any sort of special ability that other Vox lacked, only some knowledge about certain skills that their original raider life might have needed. However, even though they weren't that different from a Primalis, the fact that they were originally meant to be an Armalis led to them developing a holier-than-thou additude, and thinking they are better than other Vox, and far better than dustlungs. This superiority complex didn't hinder them at first, but when they were given the lead of a raiding vessel, it eventually proved a hazard. They launched careless raids against underdefended ships, and for a while it did indeed work. Riches were plentiful. However, on an attempt to raid a SolGov freighter, they chose a particularly aggressive and dangerous boarding tactic, and were overwhelmed by the freighter's security. Yachikriki managed to hotwire an escape pod for himself, the rest of the boarding party having been slain. They fired off into the endless expanse unnoticed, and drifted in the void for a few months. Eventually, they happened to smack into a NanoTrasen vessel (not literally, they were docked when they were found) and detained by security. They were interviewed by the commanding officer, and they gave a very, very vague description of where they came from, neglecting to mention the whole piracy part. They were shipped off to a prison colony, staying there for a few weeks, before a NT official approached them, wanting to get them into a dumb labor job aboard stations. They interviewed the vox, and after Yachikriki explained that he knew how to lead people, and his... very cocky additude, they figured maybe he was a vox actually worth something. They decided to test that theory out by shoving him off to this station, where he'd be placed in the position of a junior security officer. Maybe he might just prove useful.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Vox are spacefaring raptor-like alien things that like to steal shit. They're pretty violent, very reclusive, hate anything that isn't vox (or atleast don't care about anything that isn't vox) and they live on big arkships. Nobody really knows too much about vox, besides everyone thinking they're pirates and really, really smelly. (That's usually just the pariah and the half-minds but don't tell nobody about that) They're pretty cool honestly, just don't fall asleep with a gold necklace on near one or something.
They also don't breathe disgusting dust oxygen, and instead breathe the CHAD phoron gas. Yaya, fucc dustlungs.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: orange-hair bad

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Congratulated for being a shitter and given a special party hat. Or, y'know, banned for a while because of that, and losing my precious Vox whitelist on top of all things. :<

Note: Thanks for reading this! This was much shorter than my other application, and much more well thought out. I hope you liked reading this character's backstory as I liked writing it.

Soulstolen

Re: Vasaduro - Vox Application

Post by Soulstolen »

I don't know you very well but the attitude you have, the work you put into this character and the backstory actually making sense in a way is very intriguing.

They have this sorta god/egotistical complex from what you said, as they were supposed to be something greater. They had an uprising and then a downfall, pretty much losing it all and being pretty much forced into working for NT by contract from what I see. If I can enjoy reading a whitelist like it was a story and not feeling like it was just a cheap tactic to playing an OP species, then something was done right. Full support from me +1

Karamitsuko

Post by Karamitsuko »

@Soulstolen Thank you very much for your kind words and compliment on their backstory, and especially thanks for your support!

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

So, I don't know you. That's tough. But, I really like the effort you into your application for becoming a Vox. I'm of the opinion that Vox shouldn't be heads or take part in Security roles. Given their animosity towards Humans and any other species (and that Nanotrasen is a Humie run corp), it wouldn't make sense for this species of known marauders, raiders, thieves, etc. to be put into positions of power or trust. Krickichee just barely skated by the skin of his teeth with playing Krick as CD. I don't think he should have signed on as CD while playing as a Vox, but, the admins online at the time gave him the go-ahead, so... whatever. Given his backstory, I feel Yachi should be an engineer or scientist. He's smarter than Primalis Vox and is 'enhanced' mentally, so to speak. That, and, he's proven himself to understand circuitry (hot-wiring an escape pod) which can fall under either of the aforementioned departments. so, yeah. I'll give this my support if he's not a Sec Vox. Voxxy should not be seccies.

Edit in response to the... response: Then this does not have my support. You'll need to find a different admin to reach the two you need for this to go through.

Karamitsuko

Post by Karamitsuko »

@Avarice Thank you for your reply. I might consider placing them as a security cadet rather than a junior officer, but otherwise I do plan on keeping them mostly in security (and may change their department later on, depending on if my interest changes.) I've put a lot of work into this character to make sure that they won't be abusive in-game, and no matter what character I play I'm committed to playing the job before the character. I appreciate the feedback, but given the fact that I only have interest in security and command, placing them into science or engineering would just hurt my enjoyment for the character and the server. I'm sorry, I can't force myself to place them into a different department unless I grow to enjoy working in them, and as of yet I've really only gained an interest for sec and com. I understand your concerns about the lore and the logistics behind them being in security, but I'm committed to making a good character rather than setting all of this up just to have an excuse to abuse the security job and act out of line, I know better. So, I disagree.

Edit in response to your response to my response: I know, I was not expecting it to change your opinion. I was simply telling you that I disagree with your reasoning and informing that I'm not shitcurity or something. Thank you for the reply, I do value your opinion, and since there has been some disagreement about this character being security, if it does get approved I'll try to take things slow.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I have to take Avarice's stance on this, sorry to say. While I see how eager you are to play this character, I dont think security is a good place for Vox, due to the lore that surrounds them. I'm another admin that thinks Krickichee shouldn't be allowed to play CD as their Vox, but I cant really say much since I wasn't involved in that discussion at the time. I'm sorry, but until the job plans for this one change, I cant support this.

Karamitsuko

Post by Karamitsuko »

[edit]

For any further replies which think vox don't belong in security, please don't bother putting that here. I've heard it enough already.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

Your application is rather well made and as far as I can tell fits in with the current Vox lore, and would even make sense for them to be a junior officer and still keep that attitude of superiority with him since not everyone has to be friendly after all. I am not concerned with this application being an excuse to abuse a security role as you can just do that with literaly any other species, and since players form whitelisted races are watched more closely, it would be quickly shut down if you attempted to do so. This application has my support with how it's writen, setting aside the security points.

Karamitsuko

Post by Karamitsuko »

Thank you so much! I was really starting to get worried about this application!