Protean Whitelist Application

Rouwren

Protean Whitelist Application

Post by Rouwren »

Discord name: SolarHedgie#4239

Byond ckey: Rouwren

Characters you currently play:Mainly just Rin and a couple that have less than 2 hours of playtime.

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Eldrin

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Eldrin was a fairly early positron put into service, on the verge between iterations of Hephaestus Industries model lines. His entire purpose was given to using the now surplus and obsolete models until their stock had ran out, him and the cluster of other activated and 'taught' at the same time he was, and after several decades that task was done. As per the contract he has with the Company per gaining his established sentience, Eldrin was given his choice of assignments.

Cue two years later at the RnD facility where he quality checked and tested the newest and greatest parts, eager to see what he could wear next and never be in his old chassis. The most recent trial was no chassis as normal, instead there was a pile of elements, a tube of grew....goo, and his positron on the floor. Hours after having the goo doused across his posi an the scraps, the nanomachines had replicated a humanoid form and assimilated his thought patter as the neural network for the new swarm.

(Sorry for my crazy idea. I just like updating my oldest SS13 character with cutting edge tech and bringing him here to Citadel.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:I could not find a lore page on here or polaris or VORE. I know nanomachines, cutting edge, and probably alien tech.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:Nope

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I will have it taken away or be completely banned. I honestly don't know the abilities of them due to the lack of a wiki page, I just really wanna play sentient nano-network.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Protean Whitelist Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Heyo Rin. I'm going to say yes. I've interacted with Rin, your character, and, they're a nice enough lad. You've always had an upbeat attitude on the public Discord, and, seem a generally amicable fellow. I wish you put in more effort into the backstory, so, I would have free reign to praise you, buuut, the two paragraphs you wrote is good enough. While I am still going to give this my support, a word of warning: the abilities Proteans have are incredibly grief-enabling. Vent crawling. Blob form that hides your name. Insane brute resistance, but, really low electrical res (iirc, it could be burn.) Spawn with a NIF no matter what. And some other stuff I bet I'm forgetting. It's mostly the vent crawling though that's likely to be abused.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Avarice as per usual has covered my thoughts on this. This has my support as well.

Rouwren

Post by Rouwren »

I never intend to be griefy. And to be honest my story is odd because I hooked it into my original SS13 character who has had many long and troubled shifts, I should have typed some of those stores into it. But thank you so much.