[HelennaC] - Xenochimera Application

HelennaC

[HelennaC] - Xenochimera Application

Post by HelennaC »

Discord name: HeleC#6079

Byond ckey: HelennaC

Characters you currently play: Neeha Agiuslus Onyx, Gabriella Sophon and Maximus Scholz

Job/Races you are applying for: Xenochimera

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Simonne Lelièvre

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
At the start or what it could call the start because of the very limited capabilities of holding memories or even the need to do so, it didn't have a name nor an objective in life other than remaining alive. It was only moved by the need of survival and exploring new forms to acquire food. Time wasn't a variable until the moment it was not only able to find a well-developed and complex strange body but also be able to see and not only wait for the food to come, it could now find food on its own. It was hard, whatever it was provided the little and lost unnamed hive of cells, one arm and a pair of legs, the few memories of moving one foot after the other. Soon it was clear as the hive started to devour and multiply inside the body noticing there was more than just letting fate decide if today will be a good meal or none.

Just like a machine yet made of flesh mimicking the same actions once this body did to walk and seek for food, the body itself was damaged with a missing arm and the need for food to reestablish the nutrients and efforts used to consume this body and keep going was the first goal yet many options came in mind such as running, walking, feeling, smelling and the sensation of exploring the vast complexity made it understand and there was more than just waiting for the food.

Simonne Lelièvre is the name of this body, explorer and judging by the damaged on her arm the exploration team got ambushed by a deathclaw and the remaining of that crew next to the recently awaken or if you prefer sentient xenochimera, eating one by one soon being able to not only escape the cave but also growing the missing limb. And now as Simonne, she decided to continue the life as an explorer serving Nanotrasen.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Xenochimera can come in many ways and forms, from a human standing by your side to a honey fungus infected with it. But mostly precisely it is a hive composed with cells. The only difference between those examples is if the hive is able to consume or infect a sentient body or host, it will soon be able to perceive, feel or experience subjectively. But in other hand it doesn't mean they will lose their interest in surviving, but unlike any other sentient that also would like to remain alive, xenochimera in general have this concept in a more rough way, if they come badly hurt, hungry or even pain, almost like a switch will trigger on them, returning to almost like a feral state where hiding and seeking shelter will help, if badly hurt small creatures such as mice or anything small enough to give nutrients with little resistance will be useful. Avoiding combat, flee anything that may cause them harm and if cornered, scream, cry, any sound to alarm the other to don't approach before attacking, such feral state may one moment or another with enough time to destress happen but it is clear in this state they won't be much different from an animal scared if not from everything but from anything they don't understand.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Depending on the damage caused by my actions and how much the level of enjoyment has been degraded because of my actions I will be punished corresponding to the damage caused, may the punishment be from a warning to a ban, it will be reminded not only as notes other admin can read but also as a mistake I once did and shall not repeat it again and if I do so, a severe punishment compared to the previous will be given to me as a verdict.

[Notes/Ideas]

As my character will be a new worker on NSB Adephagia, I'm not going at first to make her a weird one in general with a few mutations or anything much different from a human. At first, I have plans on keeping the 'façade' or as I would like to call the masquerade. Simonne at first will attempt to look as much human she is but as time flows and the more different things she eats for example rats or anyone (keeping in mind the person will give permission and mostly important having already used a backup implanter) she may change with time building more personality and contributing to her development. The entire point of getting called human and soon people noticing she's not human at all but a xenochimera already gives me good content to put more efforts in her.

I would also like your opinion if I should do the same thing with the records, if the records will point her as a xenochimera or I should keep the medical, security and employee records as Simonne (Human) before getting devoured by a xenochimera.

DiscordWizard

Re: [HelennaC] - Xenochimera Application

Post by DiscordWizard »

Well the backstory looks quite fleshed out and it seems you understand what xenochimera are, how the function and most importantly that they aren't a free pass to stab anyone when in distress, which is my main concern with these species. It looks like an interesting character as well, though if you decide to keep the medical records and everything else as if you were still a human explorer, you'd probably run into trouble with security or central sooner or later. As long as you don't use this to antagonize yourself or cause some drama, I am fine with it and I definitely support the application.

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

A gud player who puts the roleplay and good faith high on the ladder of their SS13 priorities.
The app has been consulted with me a bit, while it was in the making as well.
There's not much I can say other than +1

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Ye got yer two approvals, moving to approved.