Psiling's RP server species whitelist, Clown

Blep-Lep

Psiling's RP server species whitelist, Clown

Post by Blep-Lep »

Discord name: Psiling#8866

Byond ckey: Psiling

Characters you currently play: Blep-Lep

Job/Races you are applying for: Clown

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognize and log): Zizzer

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Zizzer claims to be of the Yorrix persuasion of clowns, and for the most part displays all the bells, whistles, and trapping most endemic to them, though in rare cases exhibiting glimmers of other forms of clowns. Similar to most of the more social Yorrix in clown society, Zizzer always took a liking to the various intelligent species of the galaxy, whether it'd be dealing, pranking, telling jokes, or just interacting with them in general. Such endeavors inevitably pushed the enterprising clown closer and closer to human (as well as other intelligent species) inhabited space, doing what one might expect of a clown, and sometimes what one would not. One day this search of greater and greater variety brought dear little Zizzer to hear of a curtain installation said to be crewed and run by the widest array of different creatures and aliens in almost anyplace in the galaxy, a curtain research colony, that just so conveniently happened to be hiring.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:

Space Clowns are a primarily nomadic civilization, traveling through space in ostentatious carnival ships occasionally making landfall upon planets of interest. Often they seem to be simply looking for a good time, which they get mostly out of dropping onto planets and playing pranks and doing strange clown routines on the inhabitant or to other clowns. Throwing pies, slapstick, spaying flower lapels, the usual.

Quite rarely, an individual of an intelligent species may be "selected" by a group of clowns to be captured, an eerily similar-looking clown often appears some time after such an event occurs. By what mechanism/process this occurs, and what criteria they search for is unknown.

Space Clown society does have a central governing body, usually in the form of Space Clowns with status comparable to a King or Queen. But the most powerful member of the court is the Royal Jester, and the King/Queen is mostly there as a near powerless figurehead that announces the Jester’s decrees in public. Carnival ships in space are generally autonomous due to distance from the main hub, but still consider the monarchy the final word on certain matters.

The most prominent language among clown society is laughter and honking, followed by silent pantomime, the latter falling out of favor due to it being seen as “mime-ish”. Another, much less prominent language is crying, used almost exclusively by Blue Clowns.

Blue Clowns are different from most other clowns in that their routines focus more upon melancholy and using humor to counter hopelessness. While they’re not always blue, they do tend to have less red on them than a normal Space Clown. They sob instead of laugh and generally don’t participate in expected Space Clown activity. The conditions of the creation of a Blue clown vary, though it seems to be about outlook and temperament. Though their behavior is sometimes considered “un-clowney” they are generally treated well and given the space they need if they need it.

Other Space Clown types include Rodeo Clowns and the Yorrix, a rare kind of clown that generally focus upon dark humor.

The Yorrix are derived from Space Clowns in charge of funerary practices for clown royalty. While that is still their duty, they formed a reclusive society that specializes in darker jokes and humor than most of the more typical clowns in their carnival fleets, as well as branching out to perform ceremonial procedures and occasionally first aid as well.

They are typically upbeat, or at least joyously nihilistic demeanor. Space Clowns that become Yorrix aren’t typically concerned with converting others into clowns or combating Outer Mimes. Most Yorrix are opposed to the Clown/Mime conflict. The Yorrix are also the form of employment most welcoming of Blue Clowns.

Many Yorrix train to communicate with other alien species without making fun of them, as well as learning a bit about their customs and biology. It is rumored that the largest Clime shelter on the Space Clown mothership is run by them, though few can say for sure. The Yorrix have have often had qualms with the decisions of the royal clown court, and have a tense relationship with the current Royal Jester.

The "Climes" as they are often referred to, are what appear to be a form of hybridization between the outer mimes, and space clowns, with most theories being the conversion process of a mime being performed upon a clown, or vice versa. In most cases, they are shunned by both societies.

And while I'm covering this, I believe I should also get into details about the mime species for proper context.

Outer Mime society is hierarchical in nature, different ranks leading up to the highest rank possible, the Supreme Silencieux. Younger mimes generally have lower ranks than those older than them, though this is more a rule of thumb, than a hard guideline.

Similar to clowns, Outer Mimes have no home-world, with rumors and hearsay telling of a single massive invisible mothership hidden somewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy, where the Silencieux is also said to be located. Outer Mime activities are generally focused on creating forward bases on other planets. They also like to show off their prowess as a Mime by performing bits with invisible objects. Invisible ropes, transparent boxes, unseen super-heavy objects are typical, though considering these are created by Outer Mimes, it can be difficult to tell if such objects actually exist. The more skilled a Mime is the more complex an object they are said to be able to create. The more adept mimes tend to be gathered up by the higher ranks and become Literalists, one of the many varieties of Outer Mime.

The Mime language is silence. What sounds like two Mimes making no noise at all could be a complex communication using varying degrees of quiet non-noises. It can be punctuated by movement and pantomime, generally to get a point across. Pantomime can also be used as a separate language (it’s different from the Space Clown version).

Interestingly, the outer mimes seem to conduct the very same "abductions" as the clowns do, seemingly bolstering their own ranks in presumably a similar process.

Neither species have an entirely confirmed origin, with seemingly every individual being questioned on the subject giving a different answer each time, while swearing to the truth of their words.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:
I plan to take a more unique approach that (as far as I'm aware) the others who use this job have not as of yet taken advantage of. Aside from the general character premise, my plans for the character include a mix of personal charechter-to-character interaction with the crew, as well as perhaps some of the more traditional anticks every once in a while.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
I expect nothing less than a swift removal of said whitelist, as well as likely additional punishments benefitting the infraction.

Blep-Lep

Re: Psiling's RP server species whitelist, Clown

Post by Blep-Lep »

honk!

Cygnet

Post by Cygnet »

Wow a whole Clown and Mime society, an interesting read! Well I for one look foreard to hearing about Clown adventures on RP, should be quite entertaining.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'm normally pretty iffy around clown requests. The clown players we've gotten in the past have a bad history of being well below what we have ever allow. However, you've typed up a good deal here for lore that doesn't really exist, and as a result I'm willing to give you a +1. Please dont make me regret this.

areebur

Post by areebur »

I love the clown lore!

I think you'll be a great clown

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

This is the most well-written clown app I've seen in a good while. Just, try to clown around responsibly, yeah?
+1

Blep-Lep

Post by Blep-Lep »

yeet, so thats two admins, thats enough right?