LordDogeIsCool - Vox Whitelist

LordDoge

LordDogeIsCool - Vox Whitelist

Post by LordDoge »

Just a quick note before I begin. I haven't been extremely active recently due to some IRL school related stuff, but the work load has lightened up a bit.
Discord name: Doge Doge#0001 (It changes every once and awhile, but it's my current discord.)

Byond ckey: LordDogeIsCool

Characters you currently play: Allison Carter, Frivern Qyllarronth, LARP-DARP. I played Iru quite often, not anymore.

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Takayahaca

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Like many other primalis, Taka has went on their fair share of raids and missions of trade. Originally aboard a small vox-dominated station, Taka has spent most of their relatively short life of 20 years away from other species. The life of raiding gave him only bits and pieces of socializing, but had allowed them to collect quite a lot of items and interesting technology from the often innocent victims. From this, their job was to barter and trade what they didn't want, while collecting other items that might catch the station's fancy. This gave them the experience necessary to only begin to understand how to interact with non-vox, but most importantly how to barter and scam if necessary. For things they could keep for themselves, they often found themselves hoarding and over-selling these items off, with no real care of fair trade if it meant they could get an extra item or two. Taka began to feel quite unsatisfied with their way of life. While they had no issue with the trading and fighting, they wanted more freedom. This feeling of disdain only grew over the years, becoming greedier as time passed. While Taka has never liked anything non-vox, they have gotten quite good at acting like they do for self-gain. Taka is not overly aggressive, as they have found aggression only lead them to consequences. Instead, they stay neutral although are open with their words. A life of grey-trading has created a street smart vox with an attitude, fueled by the need of items and greed. While they could very easily steal and hoard everything, they are quite particular in their interests and attempt to do things... relatively legit. A respect to authority where necessary has gotten this vox quite far, although it could always change for better, or for worse.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
The Vox is an interesting, complicated species. On a visual level, they seem quite simple. Greedy, xenophobic bird creatures with an attitude. Although at further examination, the system of a Vox is quite advanced. The species is split into three primary types. Primalis, Armalis and Auralis. The primalis are the "common" variant that is seen the most. Loyal, honorable and hard working is the best way I could describe a Primalis, all of that primarily to their fellow vox's, of course. Armalis, a much rarer and specialized vox. They are crafted for specific purposes that are trust worthy tools for the Apex, which will be covered a bit later. I like to think of the Auralis as the scientific and wise type of vox. With a set job to further the Vox society and technology, they are often considered another level beyond the other castes. With a limited contact to other vox, they are not well known at all and their very existence is hearsay. Last but not least is the Apex. They aren't even really a vox if thought of biologically, instead are large fleshy and metallic computers. Dangerous and hardly known, their job includes many things. To sort out the Armalis and to deal that one capital judgement of ripping out the cortical stack.

These are only a few things about the Vox species as it expands even further, which is why I find it so interesting. Arkships, pariahs and half-minds to state a few. The technology is something of it's own. A lot of it stolen, others created by themselves. On a more social level, the vox are usually not very liked by the non-vox. Pirates and raiders is all the Vox are to the others, if only they knew the complicated system, the truth. Dust breathers, a slang used for non-vox who do not breath phoron. Or tree-less, another insult to many non-vox. Except the Diona, perhaps they could have trees, seeing as they are one.
In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
If I use this race to specifically violate a server rule, I would fully expect to have the white list removed. I'd also expect any other disciplinary actions to be put on me as per the usual rules.

Another note, I plan on using this Vox as an explorer if the application is accepted, although I am open for suggestions in regards to role.

mouseofthecake

Re: LordDogeIsCool - Vox Whitelist

Post by mouseofthecake »

Good app. And you're not a bad player, so, +1

LordDoge

Re: LordDogeIsCool - Vox Whitelist

Post by LordDoge »

mouseofthecake wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am
Good app. And you're not a bad player, so, +1
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the +1 :)

Nethaufer