Protean Whitelist

NotTrulyDegenerate

Protean Whitelist

Post by NotTrulyDegenerate »

Discord name: GeneralZane#4204

Byond ckey: AttackHelicopter6754

Characters you currently play: Talia Eliza, Cavativa Technara, Stusha Stumoe, Karana Sythov, Arcana Ishrim. (Note - I haven't played the server in a while, as I had to take a break from SS13 for some time, and when I did, it was on other servers, though I wish to come back to Citadel RP as I have some good memories, and I feel as though I would be a good fit to a Protean character.)

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Intanara Ettorio

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: A member of a very wealthy family, Intanara had her consciousness transferred to the body of a Protean when a Cancerous growth in her brain was found in a stage which was far past recovery at the age of 15. She lived quite a quiet life before she was transferred to the nanomachines, and ever since she was transferred, she felt less and less fulfilled. It has been 7 years since then, and she is currently at the age of 22. She and her parents have had a worsening relationship over these seven years, and she went to look for new experiences. While doing so, she had taken money from her parents in order to fund her exploration, which officially ruined the relationship between her and her family. In her travels, she first came to stay in multiple luxury space hotels, and finally, she came across Citadel Station, which she decided to stay in for now.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: An extremely advanced species which has had the need for an actual body removed because of the discovery of the ability to transfer their consciousness to colonies of nanomachines. This makes them immune to problems like a lack of Oxygen, and also means they don't technically have DNA. Most of the time, they retain their memories as its a transferal of consciousness.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: I am not applying to be a mime or clown.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: To be banned depending on severity and my whitelist removed.

Additional Notes: I have played on AuroraStation and HaloStation quite a lot, and have shown HRP behavior. In Aurora, I was able to make a Malf-AI scenario enjoyable for the players, and have done what I could to keep others immersed. Going into a Citadel RP server, I plan to do the same by acting properly, not ruining anyone else's experience, or going out of my way to pick fights. This is a RP server, not a NRP server, and I plan to try and make my character memorable for a good reason, if I am allowed the character.

Edits were made to the Species Summary, and Character Backstory on February 2nd, 2020. Additional Notes were also added.
Last edited by NotTrulyDegenerate on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keekenox

Re: Protean Whitelist

Post by Keekenox »

I am pretty much against any protean whitelist applications personally since I don't really like proteans as a whitelist race.

NotTrulyDegenerate

Keekenox wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 am
I am pretty much against any protean whitelist applications personally since I don't really like proteans as a whitelist race.
While this is your own opinion, the game still offers it. Shouldn't this be on more "You seem competent enough to be able to RP as this race, so go ahead" instead of personal opinion? Or even "Well, you don't exactly know X and Y about the race, so you may not." instead of "I don't like this race, so you may not."?

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'm always very cautious around Protean apps, myself, due to the very high potential for grief that the species has. As a result, they have a much lower tolerance for any RP unfriendly behavior. With that in mind, before I give a yes or no on this, would you be willing to flesh out the backstory and species summary a bit more for me?

NotTrulyDegenerate

Re: HazelBailey

I have expanded my backstory and species summarization, and as well included some additional notes which I think are somewhat important about myself. For your point about Griefing, I don't have any intention on doing so, as trying to do so would just have my whitelist gone, and myself probably banned.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

With the additions to your backstory and summary, this app has my support

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Yep, looks pretty good. Have a +1.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi there,

Considering the multiples +1 your app received, I'll accept your application.

Have fun!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.