Tickle's Phoronid Application

Tickle_M0nster

Tickle's Phoronid Application

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Discord name: Athena#9840 Nickname: Resident Boob Expert

Byond ckey: Tickle_Monster

Characters you currently play: Danielle Blue, Twilight Persephone, C.V.R.I.E., Rrumi Dante, Croissant and Baguette Torture, Diswan, Karenza Williamson, and many, many more.

Job/Races you are applying for: Phoronid

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Mercury CCVI

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Mercury was born on Phoron. She had a fairly normal life growing up, fairly uneventful. She went to law school there before signing onto NT as an Internal Affairs Agent after her own start up practice failed. She's not looking to be a hero, she is just looking to make ends meet. She would enjoy to go on an adventure every now and then, but for the most part would prefer to stay on station where it is safe. She can be very strict and by the book but is otherwise a pleasant person.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Oh boy. This is complicated. I've seen at least 3 different lores for Phoronids. My understanding is that we will have a wiki soon that will canonize our own. But the version I first heard as being cannon was that of Paradise(?) I think. Basically, Phoronids are skeletal beings primarily composed of Phoron. They breath phoron through their skin and combust in oxygen. To survive on station, the need a containment suit. They are from the planet Boron and had a language of their own, but it is now a dead language.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Warnings, removal from species whitelist, removal from whitelist, temp ban, perm ban.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Tickle's Phoronid Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

You've got the basics of the Phoronoid race down and I can't take points off for not knowing everything about them as researching them is a tad difficult. I like the basic background, I really do; and you've been here a while. You know how we do things around here and you know the consequences of your actions. For all the aforementioned reasons, you have my full support for this application.

Tickle_M0nster

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Cool. Thanks.

I was a little worried it was too short. But maybe that's the sleep deprivation talking.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

God damnit I didnt post here earlier?
Anyway yeah, Avarice covered most of my thoughts. Would be happy to support your app.

Tickle_M0nster

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Thank you very much.

Can't wait until we have our own wiki up.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Greetings,

Considering the approvals you've received, I'll gladly approve your application.

Have a good one.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.