Hjorthorn Protean Whitelist Request

Hjorthorn

Hjorthorn Protean Whitelist Request

Post by Hjorthorn »

Discord name: Hjorthorn#9070

Byond ckey: Hjorthorn

Characters you currently play:
(Primarily) Junko Kanegawa, Moeha Yokochi (Secondarily) Labor Larry, Umami, Kazimir

Job/Races you are applying for:
Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log):
Moeha Yokochi, a synth

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
M. Yokochi was born on Tharsis, Mars on September 18th 2289, during the early days of SolGov. She was born to a middle-income family, and had an interest in technology that bordered on the obsessive. By her teenage years, her room was cluttered with computers and server banks she'd cobbled together and used to make money through hosting webpages - as soon as she graduated, she sold it all and used her savings to travel to Olympus Mons and join the military. She studied mechatronics at OMNI, the Olympus Mons Naval Institute, and was deployed with the 71st Armored Corps to various colonial insurgencies along the frontier. At first she was assigned piloting mechs and hardsuits on the ground, but nearly-fatal damage from an anti-emplacement round took her off the front line. She was pieced back together and kept alive with cybernetics, and completed the rest of her term of service maintaining the war machines full-time. Once her duties were over, she joined a mercenary company and serviced their equipment, utilizing her increased liberties there to experiment with ways to improve upon the design of their RIGs and weapons.

Increased regulations on mercenary companies led to layoffs, and she drifted to Terminus for work. Tending to the vast mining rigs there as an engineer, she was re-routed from her usual duties when the Precursor Crypt was discovered. Joining fleets of enterprising technicians, she worked diligently at the dig site to maintain excavation equipment and help sort and identify the relics found there. She was captivated by the complexity of their technology and how well they seemed to have mastered microscale assembly, and from that point forward she became the sort of person known as a transhumanist. From then on, she took whatever jobs and studied in whatever programs she felt would further her own understanding of technology as well as push her physical existence further past the boundaries of its organic restraints. The development of resleeving provided her with a significant boon, and she rushed to participate as soon as early models hit the market, public uncertainty of their reliability be damned. It would take her more than one lifetime to complete her understanding of this work.

As of 2564, Moeha works for NanoTrasen aboard the Adephagia facility. She's picked up a strong interest in the Singularity over the past two centuries, and her passion for understanding the mystery of their disappearance has manifested in a devout following of Singulitarianism. She's met a handful of other scholars of the Precursor Crypt aboard, between synths whose positronics originate there to one particular figure of importance, Pjotyr, who shares many of the same interests that she does. Pjotyr spoke, among work affairs and the intricacies of designing energy-efficient high-output lasers, of his background as a nanite swarm. About taking samples from the Baghdad swarm, adapting and programming them, and eventually transferring his consciousness to this cloud of metal sand to assume the life he lives now. Pjotyr convinced Moeha that it'd be beneficial to pursue the same path, both in terms of general utility as well as in the progression of her eternal march towards technological transcendence, and Moeha in turn purchased a sample of inactive Singularitan nanomachines recovered from Terminus and set about replicating and reprogramming them as Pjotyr had done with human designs.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
It's been a little difficult to dredge up information on gameplay-wise, but I know that proteans can heal easily, change their size and appearance at will, and eat metal. I've also heard they can or could squeeze through vents, though I'm not sure if this has been removed or not. Lorewise, Proteans are sentient beings generally composed of a digital mind and a smarm of cohesive nanomachines controlled by it. Due to the nature of nanomachines, Proteans are able to change their shape and size easily, but can't heal or be repaired in the same manner as organics or synthetics. To replenish the swarm's number, they can decompose metallic matter and 'consume' it in order to heal.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
I expect to be banned, as anybody else would. I've been staff on forum roleplay communities and gmod HRP for the last decade, and I happily banned people who exploited whitelists to violate rules and regulations of the server.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Hjorthorn Protean Whitelist Request

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Your application reads rather well and even though I am I not at all thrilled with the prospect of you making Moeha Yokochi but cooler, I will let it pass this time given the astronomical amount of effort you put into this whitelist request. You also have a good enough grasp on the Protean race (not faulting you here, we are severely lacking on resources in this regard), as well as a good understanding of what happens to people who abuse privileges. So! This application has my support.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

Yes, as Avarice mentioned, this is a whitelist app to change Moeha from a synthmorph to a protean after having been convinced of its benefits in character - this is not an application for a new protean character.

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

The application looks pretty good, and knowing what your intentions for the request are sound pretty cool! Also, all the interactions I've seen and watched from you have always been really nice to see, and even the minor issues, if any, when addressed you quickly adjust and accommodate ICly.