Mario's Clown(Bard-Clown) application

MarioTheShiba

Mario's Clown(Bard-Clown) application

Post by MarioTheShiba »

Discord name: TheMario#5985

Byond ckey: MarioTheShiba

Characters you currently play: Angelo Mario

Job/Races you are applying for: Clown

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Sir Oswald The Brave

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Although I am applying for the Clown job , I would love to detail some lore to Oswald and how he came to be The famous Clown-Bard.

Oswald was born in the year 2530 - making him 34 years old as of 2564 , into a very educated and well-off family that had the saying "reading brings power , knowledge brings discipline." and Oswald was obviously very keen on learning much much more about the history of his planet - Terra - ever since he was a young lad.

When he was at the young age of 15 years old - Oswald has taken a deep appreciation for human history and it's deep historical wonders. Oswald , being a very curious and easily entertained boy , took interest in the 5th to 16th century term of Jester - or fool , due to the Jesters being highly intellectual individuals - having a political significance , but also entertain guests and their Masters. Oswald highly appreciated the act of performing music and songs , storytelling and history , maybe even a few magic tricks here and there.

At the age of 20 - Oswald has embarked on a very interesting adventure - all throughout space , and found himself in many different situations - most of which he noted down and learned , and most often found himself in places where Tradeband was commonly spoken - and as a result , he learned Tradeband and a few other languages he saw "useful and very interesting" , most often performing for people for money , and sometimes even performing for audiences , which brought him a good portion of fame in the Tradeband-spoken markets.

Said popularity and momentum has driven Oswald to live nicely in a few sectors of the universe which speak Tradeband , but , at the age of 34 , he was approached by a NT official , offering him a job aboard NSB Adephagia. Oswald , wanting to learn more about the world and expand his culture and knowledge , accepted the offer - and now has a job as Clown-Bard aboard NSB Adephagia.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:

Besides Oswald being very intellectual and has a keen eye on what his audience likes - Oswald most often tells stories about his adventures across space , sings songs (hence his title , Bard-Clown , Clown-Bard , whatever you prefer.) , and performs entertaining shows for people who seems to not have the best of days - but also teach fellow crew members history , culture and all sorts of interesting historic knowledge he may muster up.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:

I will accept my job as a Clown-Bard be removed , but also will accept a suspension based on how harsh the violation is.

P.S : I apologize for any grammatical mistakes or any illogical comments made in this post - English is not my main language and I would love constructive criticism - even if my application is denied or accepted - Thank you!

P.P.S : I exclusively play on RP.

HazelBailey

Re: Mario's Clown(Bard-Clown) application

Post by HazelBailey »

You have a very good picture of what clowns are actually supposed to be, so I'll be willing to give you my support for this.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

I don't normally like clowns as 99% of them just behave close to the borderline miscreants that they are on lower RP codes and that doesn't fit at all.

However! You've put way more effort into actually having a solid backstory instead of just a meme. I'm willing to give you a go. +1 from me.

Also just be aware there is very little on station support for clown or mime players as the host at the time of upstream did his hardest to exclude both.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Moving to approved.