SKerrigan's Protean Whitelist Application

Sakuya

SKerrigan's Protean Whitelist Application

Post by Sakuya »

Discord name: Sakuya#0001

Byond ckey: SKerrigan

Characters you currently play: Lilla, Rin Yurerushi, Cecile

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Lilla

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Lilla was born on Earth, on April 22nd in the year 2348. Being born in The Hague to an upper-class family, much of Lilla’s early life was spent in private tutoring and education. With her education so specialized and private, Lilla found herself lonely most of the time. However, with her mother being a computer programmer, Lilla was introduced to technology at a young age. Growing up in solitude gave her little outlets, except for the Exonet where she ended up spending most of her spare time. Of course, this upset her father, who was an upper-end stock broker. In his view, Lilla was going to learn his job and conform to his view of what the family should be. This all changed though when Lilla turned 18, and after a long argument with her father about the fate of her future, Lilla fled her family.

Eager to escape her controlling father and create her own path in the world, Lilla survived off of her savings and doing various odd jobs. Having nowhere to go and being unable to pay for her own higher education, Lilla turned to SolGov as an alternative solution to returning home. She enlisted in the Sol Gov Marine Corps in 2368, with an agreement in her contract to be assigned to a mechanized company. Boot camp was a shock to Lilla, someone who had up to this point lived in mostly solitude and shelter. Regardless of this, Lilla pressed on through it despite being chewed out various times for being too proper and talking like she’s smarter than everyone else. For the time being, this was broken down, and Lilla conformed to her new life.

After completing her basic training, Lilla went on to her mechanized training where she learned to pilot and field repair mechs. She was assigned to the 62nd Mechanized Division of the XIV Corps. Her call to action came when SolGov announced its intention to suppress a colony out in the Orion Spur for nationalizing all of its phoron and announcing an end to SolGov and corporate influence. During heavy urban fighting, Lilla suffered a direct hit from the side of her exposed mech from a depleted uranium shell. This left her body extremely damaged and virtually non-functional.

Lilla was initially placed into an MMI, which she later relinquished for a positronic brain and FBP. As she accumulated knowledge, with it she accumulated more desire and Lilla started to feel that she was reaching the limit of what her hardware could accomplish. Lilla’s co-workers Moeha and Pjotyr assisted in helping Lilla realize that she can surpass her hardware limitations. With technical assistance from the two other Proteans, as well as encouragement from them, Lilla endeavored to become one herself and overcome the limits that a meatspace consciousness has.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are composed of a digital cloud consciousness that controls millions of nanites capable of both reproducing, and their combined structure to alter one’s form. This manifests in-game as becoming a blob, or changing your appearance on the fly. Proteans consume steel sheets to repair damage done to their nanite swarm.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I’d be banned, and rightfully so. I’ve drifted around RP communities on other games for a long time (around a decade!), so I know the headache that’s caused whenever someone abuses a whitelist.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: SKerrigan's Protean Whitelist Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'll give this application my support, decent backstory if a bit cliche :p

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Good afternoon,

Looking upon the application, and the clean history you have with Citadel Station and what I seen of your characters on the RP server mentioned I am okay with giving a vouch with this.

+1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

+1 from me, as well.
I'm a sucker for a transhumanist story, especially the ol' GitS hook.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Moved to approved.