JennaSilver - Protean Application

JennaSilver

JennaSilver - Protean Application

Post by JennaSilver »

Discord name: TooManyCharacters#2126

Byond ckey: JennaSilver

Characters you currently play: Atavitza Dzi, Kiri'stal, Hyatchktak

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Creataia

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Originally constructed as an emergency ship repair cluster, through experimentation and natural development the cluster began to expand and develop more unique repairs and construction, which was greatly valued for colony construction. The unit was transferred to a frontier colony for a total of twenty years for further positronic learning, and the records only improved. After contact and later purchase for study and work, the newly named Creataia now works along side NanoTrasen in maintenance, construction and as positronic research side project.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are nanomachines bound to a set of central cores which handle their operation on coordination, they can replicate by consuming metal and are capable of reforming into any shape they need. Extremely rare and usually considered dangerous, there are many restrictions and regulations behind their seemingly free roaming.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I recognize this species is recognized as a high rule-break threat, and I understand the rules apply the same to me regardless of species, and am willing to accept any whitelist removals or bans that may follow should I break those rules.

Captain277

Re: JennaSilver - Protean Application

Post by Captain277 »

I love the idea of a Protean that focuses on Engineering more than Science. Interested to see where you'll take it.
+1

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

I want to see where this is going, +1

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

You tried to do this species once before and I denied it due to a recent and long history of infamy and shenanigans on the server at that time and my fear of what letting you have this race would and could do at that time.

That being said... You've improved immensly and I am willing to give this application my support as HLM, and I am very proud to +1 this application, you've done great.

That also being said, I want to make it clear that a Prot that even faintly smells of fishyness can be grounds for a whitelist removal as they are the easiest to abuse of all our races in their current state. Just keep that in mind when playing, but you seem to understand that already.