zero the big boy

[Zero the big boy] protean application etc etc

Post by zero the big boy »

Discord name:
Zero#1605

Byond ckey:
Zero the big boy

Characters you currently play:
Matsuaki Avaron/two others I've stopped playing and only like four people will know by name

Job/Races you are applying for:
Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log):
Na-Na (it's an acronym? idk, find out)

Let me preface this that I'm fucking awful when it comes to writing backstories, not backstories themselves, just writing them is a pain in the ass - and as such, I much prefer fleshing out backgrounds in character rather than keeping a written document as fact. If I get accepted, think of this backstory as nothing more than a rough summary of how I imagine the character would play out, rather than set in stone fact.
In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Proteans always had an odd place in society, purchased by rich bureaucrats seeking to spend their riches of Thaler on immortality and the ability to become quite literally any form they may've imagined on the whim,protean dildos it all sounded oh-so-appealing to anyone that could've gotten their grubby hands on an expensive shell - thus, the alternative appeal of a cheap, back-alley manufacturer certainly was on the table for anyone lucky enough to hear of their tightly-knit cliques.

Deep within the [REDACTED FOR PLOT CONVIENCE] sector; some back-alley pitstop at the end of the galaxy laid at rest beneath the noses of galactic law. Free-lance researchers seeking to better the world with the development of silicon and artificial intelligence technology just so that perhaps, one day, NanoTrasen-senpai would notice them and give them a well-deserved purpose, or perhaps just greedy gutter-rats seeking to break official regulations on silicon construction while making a quick Thaler or thousand. Deep within the farthest reaches of those deep, dark laboratories lies in wait the stomping grounds for Protean construction; shells constructed from black-market nanofabrication blueprints, converting raw minerals into bootleg, probably illegal Protean shells, sold to the highest bidder for a bargain price of what any official retailer could've produced, if at a marginal cut in quality. Oh well, short-term quality doesn't matter when your body replicates itself to a perfect ideal, anyhow.

Soon, come one faithful day a clientele makes a rather demanding request of this humble organization - a couple of thousand precious space-bucks for the implantation of an experimental AI personality into a custom-built Protean shell; the morals and potential repercussions of implanting one of the universe's most controversial bits of sapient software into a fully capable body were nothing to those greedy scientists, a shell was prepared with haste, and the personality formally nicked as NANA had its digits and code implanted deep within the internal wirings of a shell. To them, sentience may have been a gift bestowed upon them by a creator, but much to most AIs post-sapience, the quick realization that giving a machine with mental capability far and above any human a way to locomote itself would've resulted in it just... wandering off?

Whether it be their own will via escape, or perhaps a soft-hearted nanitephiliac creator - this newly-born nanite-person had been set loose upon the galaxy, to do what? Who knows. A long life lies ahead for someone without the looming Damocles' blade of old age dangling above their head. It's entirely possible they choose to reside on the mass of a drifting asteroid for a couple of millennia, sleeping until they reach the nearest planetary body to drift into; although, there's also a chance they wander into the bureaucratic landmine and land a job aboard NanoTrasen's latest in mobile stations. Who knows.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:
Proteans are in the loosest terms, a hivemind 'species' whereas their 'hivemind' is similar to ants; except replace each ant mound with a highly-developed mound of sentient nano-goop vaguely resembling a person, and each ant with a nanoscopic robot with anatomy so complex that we don't even have written lore on them.
They don't breathe, don't have DNA, can shift forms ranging from subtle to literally becoming a blob on the floor, and are virtually indistinguishable from a human so they desire it. Gray goop, uh oh!
TL;DR nanites play God.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:
:honk:

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Whitelist removed at minimum, probably banned if I fucked up that badly. But like, what am I gonna do? Ventcrawl into the armory? haohaohuahua
some fucker from tg

Silicons

Re: [Zero the big boy] protean application etc etc

Post by Silicons »

+1

i know nanites play god is just a joke because proteans who do that make me want to die

Captain277

Re: [Zero the big boy] protean application etc etc

Post by Captain277 »

Stand by for Permissionfall.
That is to say, you're approved.