[Triple skrek] Neomorph App

Triple skrek

[Triple skrek] Neomorph App

Post by Triple skrek »

Discord name: Angriestbirb#4528

Byond ckey: Triple skrek

Characters you currently play: Chayakriti, H.E.R.M.E.S, Katra-Y'kner, Cirnu

Job/Races you are applying for: Neomorph

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Terragon.

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Terragon is a lab grown, glorified science project, that was, and is, intended to show that it is often nurture, and nature, that makes some Neomorphs unstable and aggressive. Grown as a Warrior caste to nail the point home further, Terragon was raised in a lab environment from the start, with scientists as his caretakers, and medical subjects as his focus of study. Given ample time, motivation and supervision, the scientists works did come to a satisfying conclusion. A warrior who detests violence and does his best to help those who are hurt. After a few more months of study, brain scans and more supervision, he was eventually sent to work for Nanostrasen to get field experience, still supervised by the scientists to make sure nothing goes wrong, and to get more data for their thesis.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: (Right, looking at the wiki, i only found old xenomorph hybrid lore, which i used when i previously whitelisted to play Terragon. This is what i garnered looking at other peoples apps.)
Neomorphs are an offshoot of the traditional Xenomorph species, evolved after the 'Siege of Bergakungen'. These Neopmorphs are not linked by a hive mind, each one sporting a free will, and a different biology and mindset. They are intelligent, and try to live among other species. They are much more bipedal, and have lost most of the things that made the xenomorph species so infamous, such as their parasitic life-cycle, durability, acidic blood, and extreme agility, putting them much more on par with the ones around them.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Unless there has been a change since i played Xenohybrid, Neomorphs dont have any particular abilites to break rules. The excuse of them being 'xenomorphs' is not valid to do anything antagonistic. If however, i do break a rule with them, i fully expect my whitelist to be revoked, and perhaps a harsher punishment as i have broken the trust placed in me to play them.

Auraknight

Re: [Triple skrek] Neomorph App

Post by Auraknight »

I feel like a lot of people consider Neomorphs, and really, any Xenotype, to be tenuous here at best. Looking over your whitelist app, I really hope you're ready for the stresses that will come from playing a character like this. It won't be easy. I only vaugely recognize you as a player, but from what I've seen, it's enough to warrant giving you a shot at it, at least.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Triple skrek,

I've reviewed and read over your application and based off of what I've read you seem to know what you're angling for character-wise, as well as that you seem to have some broad understanding of the lore and so on. As well as that, you seem to have some gist of the understanding towards the rules per whitelist characters and the punishment side of the rule. I don't exactly have any qualms with your application on that note and based around what I know of you I figure you to be relatively perk for the role.

I think I can safely, whole-heartedly give you a +1 on this one. As well as my verdict I would like to echo Auraknight's sentiment as they've posted. It isn't going to be easy to RP as a Neomorph as RP as them does get quite out of whack at times. If memory serves, they tend to be fairly difficult creatures due to their specific needs and such as well as crew sentiment towards them in the long run. That said, I do hope you're able to withstand the stress and stressors that come with playing this role if you are voted in fully to do so.

For now, you at least have my +1 per your application.

Thank you for applying,
~Jay

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

It's only just occurred to me that I put you on the whitelist for this species without ever closing your thread. This WL is resolved.