Vapeon - Vox Whitelist

Gordon Feetman

Vapeon - Vox Whitelist

Post by Gordon Feetman »

Discord name:Gordon Breedman#4493

Byond ckey: Vapeon

Characters you currently play:
Yuikki Cemyaza, Alexandra Kelly, Linda Claire, Silas, Decima, Bubbles The Blowjob Princess, Clementine Armani

Job/Races you are applying for: Vox

Name of the character you intend to be using: Sichitikika, Vox

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:

Sichitikika was previously a Vox Raider belonging to Clan Sharp-Claw. However, after one suicide run after another they began to question their leader's aptitude and thought themselves more capable. They plotted to take over their raid leader by staging a mutiny during the next assault. Unfortunately for Sichitikika another raider overhead their plan, on account of the mutiny being planned in the middle of the ships mess hall... During lunch. Sichitikika was unaware of their plan being compromised. And so during their next raid on a NT research vessel, instead of giving themself promotion Sichitikika instead received a large slash on the side of their face and a 'transfer' into a Nano-Trasen security brig. Sichitikika was given an ultimatum by Central Command. They could work for them and be protected, or they could be locked up and released and risk a run in with their old Clan.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it:

The Vox are a nomadic species whose home world is unknown to the outside world. In place of a home world the Vox have Arkships -- which is where most if not all Vox are born. These Arkships are large enough to be planets in their own right and each house their own Clan of Vox.

All Vox on board Arkships are born into castes. Ranging from Servitors who are treated as machines, performing the simplest tasks such as waste management; Laborers, who perform heavy lifting and engineering duties; Citizens, who have more freedoms than the previous two castes, these Vox tend to make up a majority of traders; Raiders, who consist of Vox soldiers and scientists; And finally, Leaders, the most intelligent caste of Vox who oversee raiding parties, lead vessels, and oversee engineering. There is an additional sixth caste, Pariahs, these Vox are born without cortical sacks for that are seen as the lowest form of Vox, these Vox will often be beaten by superior Vox and often times seek to escape their Arkships.

Despite the advanced technological marvel that is a Vox Arkship, most Vox encountered are scavengers -- stealing technology from other species in spite of its supposed inferiority. These Vox travel in Skipjacks, and derelict trade vessels either seeking to steal and scavenge, or to sell their ill gotten goods.

Trade between Vox and non-vox is reliant on whichever clan is encountered, clans such as Clan Sharp-Beak will allow non-vox to dock with their vessels and Arkships to trade. However, not all Vox are friendly to outsiders. Clan Sharp-Claw has less-than positive relations with outsiders, with their Skipjacks being sent out to perform quick assaults to scavenge resources to repair their Arkship.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Despite their hostility and xenophobia, they won't be violent unless provoked and they won't steal dangerous contraband. If they violate any rules I expect a whitelist removal and depending on the severity a temp or perma banned.

SpessInquisitor

Re: Vapeon - Vox Whitelist

Post by SpessInquisitor »

I've known them for a bit, and their characters are usually pretty good. They have a good understanding of the lore provided to them, and it'd be nice to see more Vox around. +1 from me.

Auraknight

Post by Auraknight »

While i'm hesitant based on my personal opinions of some of the less friendly characters that Vapeon has played in the past, I don't see that personally as enough to give them a -1. While I know they can play good characters, I have worries about things being taken too far here, and with my usual stance of 'let them try', this ends up being a net neutral for me. That might be saying a fair bit, all things considered, but a neutral is better then staying silent on the matter.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Taking both posts into consideration, I'm inclined to lean towards Krick's +1, considering this race is RP heavy, on top of being mechanically strong. If Krick's confident they can grasp the IC portion of being a Vox, I'm confident we can address any OOC issues as they arise.

+1