Protean Whitelist Request

MrDoge [Ashie]

Protean Whitelist Request

Post by MrDoge [Ashie] »

Discord name: Ashie [ LT. Mr.Doge

Byond ckey: LT. Mr.Doge

Job/Races you are applying for: e.g. Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognize and log): e.g. Gunner Price

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Gunner Price was created by a highly advanced Science team located on [ Redacted ]
Gunner Price was placed into a Nanetic Chassis created by Dr. [ Data Expunged ] Once the merging was complete Gunner was placed into severe hazardous environments ranging from space to underwater tests, after multiple Classified tests
Gunner was sent to NanoTransen who then in turn sent Gunner to Centcom, Gunner began working closely with CentCom Medical Research and Medical Development Officer R. Shadowbane and CentCom Officer [ Data Expunged ]
Gunner was cleared for duty by CenCom Officer Shadowbane, Gunner Price was then sent to NSB Adephagia working within the Command Departments as he had done so in the past, but this time with CentCom watching.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: They appear to be an advanced Cyborg or Robot from an advanced Civilization that can change into Cyborgs or Synthetics like we have on our station in 2562

and that they have Nanite Chassis's that allow them to change the way they look  and speak, while also having millions of nanites working together to maintain form amd require metal to repair them selves and to maintain working function 

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect that the Race will be immediately Revoked from me and not a server ban.

HazelBailey

RE: Protean Whitelist Request

Post by HazelBailey »

Last answer does not inspire confidence, at all.

kfive

RE: Protean Whitelist Request

Post by kfive »

I mean, when it comes down to it, that last answer is the exact opposite of the right answer.

If you use a race's special abilities to be a shitter (like stealing shit from the armory as protean because you can) then expect the race to be revoked.
If you're being a regular shitter (beating on people all the time, arkan-style) then you're probably going to eat a regular ban, since the race isn't really in the equation.

If you blobform into toxins, build a maxcap, then detonate it on the bridge. Expect both a perma and a race dewhitelist.

That's my view of it, anyway. The races exist to add colour and possibility to the station, so as long as you're not being too much of a prick, you should otherwise be fine.

StellarWolf

Re: Protean Whitelist Request

Post by StellarWolf »

Like the others had said in this, if you were to cause trouble with the race, expect a swift ban for breaking the server rules. Again though, it depends on the severity of the rule breaking whether you get an actual ban or just a race ban.

MrDoge [Ashie]

Post by MrDoge [Ashie] »

StellarWolf wrote:Like the others had said in this, if you were to cause trouble with the race, expect a swift ban for breaking the server rules. Again though, it depends on the severity of the rule breaking whether you get an actual ban or just a race ban.
Well I was going to add that I would like to be talked about it before it happens and such. However when I was typing this I'm not gonna lie I was really excited to see the Race that I liked since I first saw it. however I would greatly appreciate being talked to if I break any rules or anything regarding the Protean Races rules or mechanics instead of getting an immediate ban so I understand where I went wrong.

However If I break the rules such as what Kfive had said in their reply with vent crawling into toxins with a bomb and such, then I can see where the immediate ban will come from. as I myself play SS13 to enjoy the RP of the server and respect any and all of citadels people and rules and regulations, I personally would not seek out to break server rules of any sort, however I am noted to have accidentally broken a rule in the past such as giving self access via HOP to deal with the AI, and for which I regret painfully having done so. but in all I enjoy the community and I love the server as a whole.

as such My deepest apologies if I had answered the last question incorrectly and I hope this can somewhat make it a little more clear to where the answer to the question went wrong, If this application is denied then I understand from where the staff are coming from as their respected decision.

- Yours Truly
Gunner J. Price

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'm of the very strong opinion that if you need to be told what exactly is wrong with an app, you probably shouldn't be approved for whatever the app is for.
Plus, being told could always allow for people to falsify their answers on said app.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

The Admin team doesn't just hand out bans like candy in regards to your worry. We get that you're a person with your own life, and, of course we'll talk to you first, but, taking the trust we're placing in you and then abusing said trust? Especially to break server rules? I'd be surprised if you didn't land yourself a ban.

Anyways.

On to the actual meat of the application. The backstory is rather mediocre at best, and, I'm not a fan of skimping out on details for [Redacted] or [Data Expunged], although I do understand if you haven't actually made those parts of the backstory yet (which raises the question of why make an application using a half-baked back story?). It's clear the jobs you want to do with the character, Medical and Science related to Medical.

I'm not comfortable giving this a plus one. Proteans are a very powerful race for breaking rules, self antagging and being an overall griefer. The backstory leaves much to be desired, and, your lack of initial understanding in regards to what you'd expect breaking the trust of the staff team isn't reassuring. I did read your comment wherein you expounded that after reading KFive's response you did understand why your response to the last question was wrong, but, if I were to give this race to anyone I'd have expected them to have done better research.

tl;dr -1