Protean Whitelist Application On The SS13 Server Citadel Station 13 RP on the BYOND Platform

Rubser

Protean Whitelist Application On The SS13 Server Citadel Station 13 RP on the BYOND Platform

Post by Rubser »

Discord name: Suffer#5131

Byond ckey: Subber

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Synergy.

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Synergy is not a single person, but rather a community united by single will, a combination of minds, organic and synthetic alike, a culmination of the synergists' group effort to break the boundaries between one another's mentalities, once merely sharing their thoughts through the special hardware became insufficient.
After years of being stuck in development hell, hardware, in the flesh of a nanite body structure and an advanced positronic brain, was produced. Mere module system in synthetic bodies proved to be insufficient to prevent alienation and increase integration of a shared mind to its new state.
After a short period of acclimatization, the new entity was ready to experience new life as a collective, to exist. Hopefully forever, in the state of "ascended" mentality of a mind hive.
One will, one mind, one goal. Not really all that exciting, but exactly what the synergists wanted.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are prometheans, but less acidic slime and more nanobot grey goo. They also have some more unique mechanics tied to them being, well, a swarm of nanites in a vaguely humanoid shape.
They also were really broken for the longest time.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Failure to play responsibly while playing a whitelisted character will have said whitelist permissions revoked.

HazelBailey

Re: Protean Whitelist Application On The SS13 Server Citadel Station 13 RP on the BYOND Platform

Post by HazelBailey »

You have the right idea of it, though with a race like this, I'm more than a little cautious of someone that I've never actually seen on the server before. I'm going to have to decline this one myself until I've seen you spend a little more time online.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: Protean Whitelist Application On The SS13 Server Citadel Station 13 RP on the BYOND Platform

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Sorry, but, I'm going to have to give this a -1.

Your backstory is good, and, can lead to some interesting roleplay involving the more religious characters on station, but, I just haven't seen you on station. Proteans are a very easy to grief with, and, break rules race. Hazel put it perfectly, I can't support this application until I've seen you online more often and gotten a feel for your OOC character.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Moved to denied.