Bacon_Enderman

Spider_Psycho's Xenomorph Hybrid / Custom Species Application

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

Discord name: Spider_Psycho#5789

Byond ckey: Bacon_Enderman

Characters you currently play: Pasotel Makino, Gemini-2, Temperance

Job/Races you are applying for: e.g. Xenomorph Hybrid

Name of the character you intend to be using: Cydya

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: I'm trying to unlock the presets for the custom species. Cydya is an OC of mine, based on the Boilers from CM server. From my own little headcanon for the character, she's descended from a Hive that's evolved and become intelligent enough to want to join the Galactic Community. Seeing as the RP server's lore is flexible (for the moment), and this backstory does not interfere with other Xenomorph characters, or other lore for other species / the setting, I think its fine.

I intend to play her as an IAA or Command Secretary, eager to experience the wonders of the wider world, experienced in white-collar work due to her former position as a paper-pusher in her former Hive after violence was relegated to the more better adapted 'sisters'.

If an explanation of sapience is needed: Cydya comes from a desert planet. Her Hive was brought there after boarding an ancient ship. The Queen realizes that the best way to propogate the Xenomorph species and to garuntee its survival is through emulating their previous hosts, including sapience. The Queen(s) begin a long process of experimenting with hormones to activate and deactivate certain homeobox genes in larvae and selective breeding to create sapient and humanoid Xenomorphs. From there on they attempt to contact the outside world through the rudamentary study of the relatively primitive ship they crashed in, contacting passing ships where a basic relationship is created. After being asked if they were Hybrids, the Xenomorph Queen at the time replied that they were in order to prevent any interest, pretending that they were simply a commune of Xenomorph Hybrids and enthusiasts who were stranded.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: I'm aware that the VORE Xenormorphs are hybrids with humanoid DNA inserted and modified to make them more humanlike, however, Cydya won't be following these since she's, well, a Custom Species, most likely.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: Ding dong bananu, as with anyone else who breaks the rules.
Last edited by Bacon_Enderman on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HazelBailey

Re: Spider_Psycho's Xenomorph Hybrid / Custom Species Application

Post by HazelBailey »

To be completely honest, I cant back the "Normal xenomorph boiler that became intelligent" backstory. -1 from me for now.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

HazelBailey wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:39 pm
To be completely honest, I cant back the "Normal xenomorph boiler that became intelligent" backstory. -1 from me for now.
Well its not that. She's not feral. Her Hive was, over millennia adapted to become more sapient. She just appears like a Boiler, residual appearances. Also I'm surprised that lore isn't allowed when we have Eldrich creatures on the station.

Edit: And if that lore is an issue, then a simple genemodded Xenomorph backstory is fine as well. I'd just preffer the former.

Sylas

Post by Sylas »

I'd say no, because xenomorph hybrids arent born in xeno hives, theyre created by splicing xeno genes with something else.

Change that and I'd say differently, really.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Two nos, and, mine is going to be a third. Going to move this to denied.

Feel free to adjust the lore behind the character and create another application at a later date.