Husky Husk's Protean Application

Husky Husk

Husky Husk's Protean Application

Post by Husky Husk »

Discord name: Husky Husk#4635

Byond ckey: Husky Husk

Characters you currently play: Popsy Pauper, Engelbert Gebhardt and Zack Stewart

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Bright

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Bright's existance started back in 2230 at 3:00 A.M on a investigation plan for future Military-Grade technology to create other bodies or sentient machines, the investigation failed due to a serious lack of resources and Bright's blueprints ended up getting scrapped and dumped into the Void known as Space until Early-2534 where ITS project saw a ray of light from the hands of an Unknown Person wearing a Purple Space-Suit which took the Blueprints to a Local NT-Owned Space Station with enough resources to produce atleast one tiny nanite nanoswarm body, but it ended up becoming a "Anthro German Shepherd" because of the Science Department's own "Curiosity". (I'm not good with Things that have no specific lore)

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Nearly Military-Grade Bodies composed of tiny nanites, they are usually produced on Advanced Civilizations for people to swap into them(atleast what i understand from it), they consume metal and other materials to heal or reinforce themselves.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I fully expect a Race-Ban or a Server-Ban if i ever reach to break any of the server's rules.

areebur

Re: Husky Husk's Protean Application

Post by areebur »

1) The entire thing is a run on sentence
2) Capitalizing improper nouns doesn't make your back story look better
3) https://www.reddit.com/r/SuspiciousQuotations/
4) Why use magic; a mysterious purple space-suit wearing person is just a space wizard, was your protean made by an antag?

if you're worried about not following the lore, don't make something that goes off a lore-dubious context, just go off what would be normal lore-wise. I'm tired of people making over the top backstories for their characters then giving them the personality of a chewed up wet leather shoe

Husky Husk

Post by Husky Husk »

areebur wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:08 pm
1) The entire thing is a run on sentence
2) Capitalizing improper nouns doesn't make your back story look better
3) https://www.reddit.com/r/SuspiciousQuotations/
4) Why use magic; a mysterious purple space-suit wearing person is just a space wizard, was your protean made by an antag?

if you're worried about not following the lore, don't make something that goes off a lore-dubious context, just go off what would be normal lore-wise. I'm tired of people making over the top backstories for their characters then giving them the personality of a chewed up wet leather shoe
1) Is the entire thing really runned on sentence?... Seriously need to do Ten Checks on my Backstory ideas.
2) I know it doesn't make my backstory look better and i really did not think of it being decent or polished.
3) Extremely Suspicious "Quotations".
4) I actually forgot that Wizards we're the only thing that has a Purple Space-Suit and i really did not meant for this to be a character created by an Antag.

I was actually extremely worried about not following lores of any game, but i really do not understand the nearly-nonexistant Protean lore and i really tried to go off with what would be normal lore-wise.

Also: "Over the top backstories for their characters then giving them the personality of a chewed up wet leather shoe"... So you mean like a shitty personality or a easy-to-hate character?

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Hiya popsy, my first thoughts when reading your app was of course, the space wizard thing. But then I realized: Their's purple jeweled voidsuits in RP. Could have been a stylish scientist, and 'space wizard' isn't exactly used as a term. So the point 4 that areebur spoke of was said without taking the jeweled space suits into consideration. As for magic? The only magic I see is the magic of science. Finally, proteans don't really have any lore to go by unless it was magically added within the time they were Now, from my viewpoints of someone that has seen you on a day to basis: You are a good roleplayer a lot of the times! Their's occasions where you go about and do the side funny stuff, but it shouldn't be enough to through your how app under the bus. If I could, I would give a +1 for how much of a loveable player you are in game with literally any character you play!

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

The backstory is.... a little snowflakey to be honest, but nothing bad enough that I see a reason to deny the app. I'll be willing to give you my support on this. Just keep in mind that because proteans are shitcode, the "Anthro German Shepard" thing will fall apart the second you get forced into blob form, since that deletes all your markings for some reason.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Yikes. I'm definitely going to give this a no. What I want to see from whitelisted species isn't another of the same. The nanite swarm just so happens to become an anthro German Shepherd?. Yeah, I'm reading this as your way of trying to make another, slightly cooler, Popsy. My reasoning for saying no is that refitting the same character into different species is just going to stagnate the Roleplay server even more than it already is. Call them by a different name, but, the moment this nanite swarm just so happened to take on the form of another one of your already existing characters, that just tells me you have no plans on making them behave any differently from Popsy.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You know, Avarice brings up a very good point. Unless this is going to become something different, I'm gonna have to shift my support to a -1

Kered

Post by Kered »

The basis for your character is certainly rather...convenient. As stated, it would seem that this is an attempt to create another Popsy instead of to add to the roleplay environment with a unique character. I don't expect you to break any server rules, but I'm afraid I don't see this as a particularly positive addition to the server and can't offer my support.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »