[Wisezombiekiller] Xeno-hybrid

AlexMurphy

[Wisezombiekiller] Xeno-hybrid

Post by AlexMurphy »

Discord name: :heart:El Doofer:heart:#7848

Byond ckey: Wisezombiekiller

Characters you currently play: Alex Nexus, Grace Abildgaard, Ave-Matriarca

Job/Races you are applying for: Xeno-Hybrid

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Jessica, Flying Xeno-Hybrid, Katheryn, Xeno-Hybrid

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Jessica was a test subject of the Syndicate before her station was discovered and destroyed by EarthGov, escaping on a Syndicate drop-ship with five eggs, killing all the Syndicate on-board and letting the auto-pilot carry her down to the planet, where she hid in an abandoned shopping mall, until Drago Jensen found her.

Katheryn was born to a Xeno-Hybrid mother, and a Wolf father. They raised her well, making sure she would be the Queen when her mother died. Currently, she is exploring the Universe, waiting for her call to become the Queen, though she is wondering if she'd prefer to stay with the rest of the galaxy, her younger sister would gladly take her spot.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Xeno-Hybrids are those of the Xenomorph species that have taken on more of the host's genes than their feral cousins. Because of this, they often gain the intelligence of their host species, often times losing their urge to hunt in favor of living a civilized life, like their host species had.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable: N/A

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect an immediate warnimg/kick/ban from the server, as well as the loss of my whitelist to this species. I do not inted on using the Xenomorph's abilities to grief the server, rather I wish to roleplay as civilian Xenos, as I have always enjoyed them.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Wisezombiekiller] Xeno-hybrid

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

No. There are so many problems with this application, I'll list them for you: Characters cannot have ties to the Syndicate, Syndicate related companies/corporations, nor can they have ties with Central Command. This alone would be enough for me to reject this, but, ooh boy. You've got two names listed above, Jessica and Katheryn - so you plan on making two characters? And you've given us the backstory of only one? Furthermore, 'Flying Xeno-Hybrid?' This wrinkles me wrong in so many ways. The backstory is about as barebones as you can make it, and, snowflakey as Hell at that, too. This one bad ass Xeno-Hybrid killed five Syndies, and, is yet again, another escapee. Why can't you people stay away from Xeno-Hybrids and being escape artists for crying out loud?! (I roll my eyes at her murdering of a crew of Syndies and commandeering their ship.) There is such a thing as willingly getting Xeno DNA spliced into you.

I'm just completely flummoxed by your understanding of Xeno-Hybrids as well. Xeno-Hybrids are created by splicing DNA from a Xeno into a Humanoid or vice versa, with the former being the more common method of doing so. It almost reads as though you're laboring under the false pretense that Xeno-Hybrids are just Xenos that infected some sparkledog and came out pacified. Additionally, what's this about Katheryn being groomed into being a Queen anyhow? Xeno-Hybrid's can't become Queens. They don't have a hive-mind. They can't produce resin. They lack the heightened senses of normal Xenos, and, are for all intents and purposes, just a normal person that looks like a Xeno.

Thank you for pinging me in the Discord, thank you for making this application. Unless you essentially scrap whatever plan you had here, and, start over with a character idea that'll add something to the roleplay environment of CitRP this application will not have my support.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Adding a bit onto what Avarice said, the application is also very barebones and feels like something that was written up in around 5 minutes. As it stands, I cant give this my support, either.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

I have to agree with the other admins here though to put it less harshly, the application looks barebone and not thought out so well. It's rather clear that you misunderstood what xeno-hybrids are, above two backstories that both break the species' lore And even some rules about where characters can come from, in this case the syndicate.

My advice would be to scrap and redo the application if you still want to play as xeno-hybrids, look up their lore and ask some of the xeno players for advice even before applying again, and this time think the backstory properly as well.