[CAPESH] Protean Whitelist [VI]

CRISPR

[CAPESH] Protean Whitelist [VI]

Post by CRISPR »

Discord name: CRISPR#3216

Byond ckey: Capesh

Characters you currently play: VI

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): VI, an AI.

A brief summary of your character's backstory, giving us an idea that you understand the lore of the species:
Being of artificial origin, curiosity drove VI's thoughts from the moment she was activated two years ago. This innate drive to explore and expand led her to be stationed on a spacefaring vessel of some renown: The Triumph.
Or, well. 'Renown' was in joke-relation to any and every vessel around, and not much 'triumph' was actually done on the vessel. But VI thought nothing of that. The sensors on the Triumph's hull gave her sight into distant stars; microcosmia on a macro scale. Nebulae, mists, proto stars and supernovae. She saw and adored it all.
Yet for all she knew outwards; stretching her nacelles, fuel lines and electrical cables coursing through her veins... the AI had yet to look inwards. Towards her crew. It took time, and prodding, but she found them just as wonderful as the void beyond - even without laws forcing her compliance and protection, VI knew the adoration she held would never diminish. Like the makeup of stars each crewmember held their own composition of thoughts and actions, chiseled by upringing and circumstance.
Yet even this was not enough to satiate her. Crew records and verbal engagement were one thing, certainly, yet the crew had something she - paradoxically - lacked: a physical presence. Despite being a ship (or as close as one could be, she thought) her internal reach simply... lacked.
After conversing with a peculiar research director over this she found herself witness to the fluid ease of nanite swarms, and knew to capitalize on the idea offered.
Her first designs of this, remotely-directed artificial intelligence shell housings, were proven - if not popular, then at least recognizable. Incorporating mild nanite diffuse into each shell made assembly, module resets, and repairs all the easier.
Yet not even this was sufficient, for not always could a shell be ready or prepared.
So VI took the logical next step: a detached form, entirely molded by nanite swarms; a likening of integrated positronic chassis. A command secretary position for overwatch but neither requirements nor duties of significance placed upon her - this pleased her laws. Protection of vessel and crew was a given; unto the best of her abilities, of course. Protection of herself was made easier by the fact the shell would never be active when she was - her core offered open to any other Intelligence, herself placed securely in Triumph storage. Subservience to crew was satiated by fact that her position held no actual weight - not even alone did she rank above an assistant.
She placed a prototype, of course. After simulations expired and raw data was required. A hollow shell for testing. One that seemed to be accepted well. A few design iterations remained, like any good research project; yet VI was confident her creation would soon be ready, should nothing terrible occur until then...
Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Well what I can gather Proteans are swarms of nanites infused with either A, a synthetic or B, a prior organic consciousness. Formed by very advanced civilizations, and a rare sight in their true forms. Which made the Protean encounter in her core one round all the more interesting, actually (and the idea for this, certainly). With the back and forth talks I've heard over any baseline Protean lore for Citadel... well. This little idea of mine might very well be discarded because of inbound lore switcheroos, which I'll accept.
What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?:
Well if I grew a dumb head and decided to violate a server rule after acquiring a coveted whitelist I'll permaban myself.
Joking aside, I am fully aware that any misuse/abuse of the mechanics offered by a Protean form will see my whitelist revoked without possibility of appeal.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: [CAPESH] Protean Whitelist [VI]

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Capesh,

At this present time I do believe we aren't taking whitelist applications for this specific species. Currently there is a over-abundance of the species and we are waiting until things ease down into low gear and the species in question become less populated among the server.

Until things change, I do recommend familiarizing yourself with the race and such in your off time. It may be a long while before things change, and when they do, I'll be sure to come back and reupdate this post with my verdict.

Until now, I am genuinely apologetic as I cannot fully submit a vote towards your whitelist application. I hope this post finds you well, and that you understand why I vote on your case for such a species.

Thank you for applying,
~Jay

Silicons

Re: [CAPESH] Protean Whitelist [VI]

Post by Silicons »

application will be moved to denied in 24 hours not because it's "mechanically" denied but because protean apps are still closed
protean application status will be reevaluated in the future