Exploration Idea Mega Thread [Equipment, guns, mods, oh my!]

Unified DevForums for Citadel Station RP
Te.name

Re: Exploration Idea Mega Thread [Equipment, guns, mods, oh my!]

Post by Te.name »

Alright so, bit of am update.

The research map for v4 is about 30-50ish percent complete and I have taken a bit of a break by starting work on the v2 crash site and v4 military base. I have been starting to play around with ghost spawners to see if I can get them firing in all cylinders, a but buggy at the moment but I think I can get them to work... Maybe.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

And again, I am planning on atleast 3 maps for each planet and I need ideas, send any my way please.

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

Okay, been meaning to post this for a while but here we go.
I have a trio of... let's say 'planet neutral' concepts in my back pocket. Honestly I've had these floating around for a while but I've not had the energy or focus to devote to actually mapping them. I've given each a gratuitous cool/lame-sounding operation name because why the fuck not.

They are, in order;

OPERATION RIDLEY'S REVENGE (Risk: Med-High)
An NT-owned xenobiological research facility has been overrun by escaped specimens. This site would either be occupied by 'classic' Alien-style xenos, or all-new aliens with a similar theme. Either way, the away team will need to deal with fact that the base that has now been turned into a spawning ground/nest. Potential new threats include passive mobs that summon reinforcements if they aren't killed quickly after the initial attack (punishing trigger-happy explorers that wander off alone) and spawner-nests that can spawn additional mobs once put into an alert state (such as by one of those passive mobs letting out a warning call...).
The op title is a reference to Ridley Scott, but that shouldn't really be a surprise.

OPERATION GIBSON'S HAMMER (Risk: Med-High)
Thematically somewhat similar to Constellation, this Robotics research facility was subverted by one of its latest projects and is full of hostile synthetics; corrupt hounds, eviscerators, and combat drones are just the tip of the iceberg in this place, with the possibility for AI-controlled mech units (berzerk ripleys trying to hurl you into walls with power-claws, anyone?) and various traps; floors and doors could be electrified/heated, pressure plates/infrared laser tripwires would set off projectiles or explosives or release toxic gas into a room then bolt the doors, etc.
The title is a reference to William Gibson, of Neuromancer fame, natch.

OPERATION CAPEK'S FOLLY (Risk: Low-Med)
An illegal mining operation has been detected nearby, and per the local contracts it's up to NT to fix the issue or risk losing their rights for not enforcing them. Threats include local wildlife and the miners themselves, who may have private security or even syndicate backup - it's entirely possible that the operation is actually a cover for some kind of blacksite used to train new operatives or prepare for an attack on local megacorp assets. Once the site is clear, Mining can clean up the rest.
The op title is a reference to Dr. Capek, primary villain for the original Red Faction.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

This project is going to be delayed so I can work on a new station map that will support 255x255 map size.