Exploration Idea Mega Thread [Equipment, guns, mods, oh my!]

Unified DevForums for Citadel Station RP
Te.name

Re: Exploration Idea Mega Thread [Equipment, guns, mods, oh my!]

Post by Te.name »

VARKA & Selyn wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:16 am
Well, if we want bigger, that's absolutely doable. It was a fun challenge trying to find - Big snip-
I'll make it today and show you.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

VARKA & Selyn wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:16 am
Well, if we want bigger, that's absolutely doable. It was a fun challenge trying to find a design that I felt was both aesthetically pleasing/aerodynamic, yet also had a minimal amount of wasted space and wasn't too much larger than the existing shuttle.
Image Note: Chem dispenser spawns with no cartridges and they must be ordered from cargo for the machine to work.

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

Hmmm... functional, but a little ugly. I'd recommend moving the suit cyclers somewhere else and making the airlock doors doublewidth. The airport section being next to the cockpit kinda makes sense for docking maneuvers though, especially if there's more things to explore like derelict ships.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

VARKA & Selyn wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:16 am
Hmmm... functional, but a little ugly. I'd recommend moving the suit cyclers somewhere else and making the airlock doors doublewidth. The airport section being next to the cockpit kinda makes sense for docking maneuvers though, especially if there's more things to explore like derelict ships.
Every other airlock is a singular door, if I make the airlock double width I will need to change every airlock they interacts with the shuttle such as the docking ports, which also serve other ships with singular airlocks which I will also have to change to accommodate the extra door. And I am not sure where else to put the suit cycles and what to put in their place.

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

The only single-width docking port that the shuttle interacts with, to my knowledge, is the alternative docking arm point.

As for the cyclers; nothing. I'm saying just make the airlock able to more comfortably accomodate the away team and allow them to move through it with less fuss; you've got up to 10 people (not counting mechs and borgs or full-tile things like crates or anomaly containers) trying to squeeze through that space, y'know?

People should be cycling their suits to the correct fitting before leaving station, as part of mission prep. If one has to be included, I'd place it with the arms locker replacing one of the empty racks. Alternately, remove the rack full of airtanks+masks and swap it for a cycler, placing some emergency oxygen closets on the wall in the cockpit and various crew compartments.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

VARKA & Selyn wrote:
I'll expand the front of the ship by one tile to accommodate bigger teams. There are 4 different ships they dock at the docking bay, if I expand one airlock by one tile I need to expand all 4 airlocks and the airlocks for the other ships which all have different airlocks they interact with too.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

2 of the machines in the airlock are suit storage units not cycles.

Kazkin

Post by Kazkin »

I'm really liking this ship design because with expanded territories for the expeditions they can be out for a lot longer and wouldn't need to return for the most minor injury such as a broken hand. This is extremely well done, good work.
Characters: Momcat RD, Rat monk, Vampire idiot, Giant troll woman.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon."

VARKA & Selyn

Post by VARKA & Selyn »

Te.name wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:40 am
VARKA & Selyn wrote:
I'll expand the front of the ship by one tile to accommodate bigger teams. There are 4 different ships they dock at the docking bay, if I expand one airlock by one tile I need to expand all 4 airlocks and the airlocks for the other ships which all have different airlocks they interact with too.
They're all pre-set locations though, they don't mix and match docking ports. If you take the expedition shuttle in to the docking arm, it always uses the exact same airlock each time.

The only other thing I'd say stands out is the lack of a proper surgical table in the medbay.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

VARKA & Selyn wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 am
Te.name wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:40 am
VARKA & Selyn wrote:
They're all pre-set locations though, they don't mix and match docking ports. If you take the expedition shuttle in to the docking arm, it always uses the exact same airlock each time.

The only other thing I'd say stands out is the lack of a proper surgical table in the medbay.
I don't plan on spending additional time on the ship at the moment. I am focusing in the exploration map. That said the lack of a surgery table is intended as I think there should be some cases you need to return to medbay, utilizing splints and planning ahead by bringing clotting kits should be enough to fix most medical issues.