Admin Complant: Raeschen

Tiefling

Admin Complant: Raeschen

Post by Tiefling »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Raeschen

Your BYOND name: A Tiefling

Date of issue and round ID: Mornings of 1/8/2017 and 1/9/2017

Reason for complaint: I'm no longer going to be playing on Citadel servers and it is almost solely because of the disheartening behavior of Raeschen.   After an a-help about a griefer took an extended amount of time to be resolved I pinged admins to look at a-helps since it was a pressing issue.  This was met with hostility from Raeschen, who declared that he would no longer be helping me because of how entitled I was acting.  An argument ensued and after some time, things returned to civility and I assumed the issue between us was over.

The next morning, some genuinely suspicious activity was happening during an extended round so I temporarily apprehended the person reported by security and brought them to the brig.  After a bit of hassle and a happy trigger finger from the HoS (for which I scolded and intended to punish him for, mind you) he was searched and flaming paper with some sketchy demonic contract-esque things written on it.  He was colluding with someone doing things that are generally not well-received on station.  I brigged him T E M P O R A R I L Y so I could apprehend the person writing these crimes.  I IMMEDIATELY received ahelps from Raeschen accusing me of permanently brigging someone in one of the gen. pop cells.  The entire a-help conversation is included here.

https://i.imgur.com/qpIuFhH.png

I then had a discussion with Raeschen on discord immediately prior to writing this where he admitted that he has no obligation to remain neutral in admin matters.  I was willing to work all of this out prior to that statement.  It's more upsetting that he willingly lets his opinions of players tint the way he handles ahelps than that he jobbanned me (in my opinion) unjustly.

Not only is Raechen a snippy, generally unpleasant and aggressive person but he has shown that, in my opinion as someone who has played on many SS13 servers, he is not fit for his position as an admin.

I don't expect my complaints to end in Rae's deadminning nor do I intend to play on Citadel servers in the future, I am simply putting this here to bring what I feel is a severe lack of professionalism and poor use of power, to light.

Thank you.

Raeschen

RE: Admin Complant: Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

You brigged him, as stated in the ahelp, "Until the demon was found" which implied indefinite.

Please note, on this server, space law is NOT a suggestion.
http://citadel-station-rules.my-free.website/ > Security policy.

I took action because from my stance, you kinda just showed up and started arresting and searching people for not actually doing crimes, on code green no less where privacy laws are in effect.

I started asking you why you arrested that guy to which you replied with reasons that did not validate your actions, and then immediately jumped to accusations of me having personal reasons in raising this concern with you.

You also arrested someone for "Having a name on the contract" which isn't really how devil works. I kinda just wanted you to cool down on the whole micromanaging command thing ruining the game for other people, but if all the reply i am going to get from you is angry jabs and accusations, then it's just easier to job ban you.
Oh and here's a log of this "Prior conversation" he refers to. Best to have everything out in the open if there are concerns.

This is the beginning of your direct message history with @Tiefling.
[12:48 PM] Tiefling: So do you wanna talk out why you have a problem with me here or do I need to make a forum post?
[12:48 PM] Raeschen: i have no problem with you.
[12:48 PM] Raeschen: here have the full ahelp log https://i.imgur.com/qpIuFhH.png
[12:49 PM] Tiefling: You understand I'm gonna have a hard time believing that after what happened yesterday morning, right?
[12:49 PM] Tiefling: I really find it hard to call it a coincidence that you're being like this after we had an argument in the discord
[12:50 PM] Tiefling: and looking at the forums, it seems like I'm not the only person that's had an issue with you either
[12:50 PM] Raeschen: ok?
[12:50 PM] Tiefling: 'ok'
[12:50 PM] Raeschen: i'm an admin, of course people have issues with me
[12:50 PM] Tiefling: I'm asking you why you have a problem with me
[12:50 PM] Tiefling: Not for you to admin politic me here
[12:50 PM] Raeschen: and i'm saying i do not.
[12:51 PM] Tiefling: and I know that's a load of bullshit since you explicitly said otherwise yesterday
[12:51 PM] Tiefling: I know you're not retarded, so please stop acting like I am
[12:51 PM] Raeschen: link me where i said otherwise
[12:51 PM] Tiefling: One moment
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: Raeschen - Yesterday at 6:40 AM
The way your attitude is, is kind of entitled, and that's what I have a problem with

[12:52 PM] Tiefling: Raeschen - Yesterday at 6:34 AM
Remind me never to help Tiefling.

[12:52 PM] Raeschen: yeah, i have a problem with that attitude.
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: So you have a problem with me.
[12:52 PM] Raeschen: and it is at my discretion who i help.
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: Uh
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: Okay if that's actually how adminning on citadel works
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: Please tell me
[12:52 PM] Tiefling: so I can fuck off somewhere else
[12:53 PM] Tiefling: because that is genuinely pretty gross if true
[12:53 PM] Raeschen: I will by default, help everyone.
[12:53 PM] Raeschen: But i will not help people who act entitled and flame at me
[12:53 PM] Tiefling: There shouldn't be a 'by default'
[12:53 PM] Tiefling: You should be impartial regardless, what the fuck
[12:53 PM] Tiefling: Okay so you're actually just fucking retarded
[12:53 PM] Tiefling: Good to know
[12:54 PM] Raeschen: like i said. act entitled and flame at me
[12:54 PM] Tiefling: I mean
[12:54 PM] Tiefling: If you're actually this stupid as to how being admin should work, I will
[12:54 PM] Tiefling: Because this is legitimately ridiculous.
[12:56 PM] Raeschen: ok
[1:10 PM] Tiefling: showthread.php?tid=1010
[1:10 PM] Tiefling: Later buddy.

The concept you seem to fail to grasp, is that as staff, we are not paid to be here. We are not waiting on you in starbucks. We are here because we love the community, and we love the server, and thus because we have built trust in judgement and operational ability with the people who own and operate the server.

We are also volunteers. Being admin doesn't allow us to do all this crazy shit and give us advantages or somehow benefit us, because people who join and behave that way get removed.

I'm here to help the 95% of players here who are respectable to us, who don't flame and get shitty when their ahelps aren't immediately answered, and who have an ounce of paitence. People who make it a lovely time to be here. 

So yeah. If you treat me like shit, i'm not helping you. 

Either way, i did not have any personal stake in the issue i job banned you for. I saw you ruining the game for several people with the way you were behaving, i asked you why, and all i got was accusations and anger so in light of being unable to get you to stop, i job banned you instead.
Last edited by Raeschen on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

Okay, I'm not going to go through the effort to scrutinize this, but from my point of view:

-You were acting like a cunt in #admin-forums. I can go get logs, but I don't feel the need to. Everyone saw it.
-In response to you being a cunt, Raes said they don't want to deal with you, though they worded it in a less-than-ideal way. It wasn't as professional as I would have put it, but it wasn't as nearly as bad as what you were saying to them.
-You then decide to break the rules on the server, and when confronted by Raes about this, you decide that they have some personal vendetta against you and completley disregard the fact that you broke the rules

While I am not defending Raes actions- some of his attitude could have been better- I can say with certainty that if you decide not to play here anymore I will not feel that we, as a server, have lost anything important
Awoo

Kersakof

Post by Kersakof »

Yeah it's nice you ahelp sometimes. But that doesn't mean you get any special treatment. If you treat someone like shit, maybe you should expect them not to be as kind to you?

Here's a protip: if you don't explain a situation to an admin and say "fuck you, you just have a hate boner for me" they assume the wors and give you the worst punishment. I don't feel sorry for you in the slightest.