Player Complaint - Leschaps

WrightK

Player Complaint - Leschaps

Post by WrightK »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Leschaps (Joyce Bekheimer) (I refer to her as she as she is a female in game)

Your BYOND name: WrightK

Date of issue and round ID: 27/01/2018-11427

Reason for complaint: Massive meta grudge

Explain: *I BACK THE MAJORITY OF THINGS I SAY WITH SCREENSHOTS

1st Incident - It all started on the 27th. pretty much Leschaps got angry at me in common chat because a mime stole the nuclear codes (i was cap). Les then proceeded to assault me and and say things like "who votes to lynch the captain". To act on this i had sec arrest her and i ended up perma brigging her for mutiny, before i did perma her all she did was assault me, it was hard to get a word in. at the time i didn't really look deeply into space law and to make sure i was right i asked a few people if i was right in perma brigging her and i was told yes. after escaping from perma brig she flooded comms with insults and hate. she called an admin and i spoke to the admin on discord and he pretty much said i was fine (i have the convo saved, check the file)

2nd Incident - Im playing warden and i go to HOP office to ask if i could be acting HOS. Leschaps walks by and then says "dont give the warden extra access" (keep in mind i have had no interaction with her at this point in game). I then go to my desk and announce it to the crew that i am acting HOS and she responds in comms "oh do us a favour cap" "fucking detonate the nuke". Later on in the round a person has a warrent for B&E so i go in and arrest her. Im dragging her back to the brig so i can talk to her and she puts in comms "warden is arresting me for no reason" which seems fine for me because at that point i had not told her why i arrested her. Anyway whilst interrogating the AI states "WARNING" and then there is a loud banging proceeding to happen on the door for the interrogation room. After, Joyce and 2 friends break in and start trying to steal the person i arrested. To cut it short i stunned them and arrested them but only after being bashed by them, i fought back in self defence. Once they were all under control i TRIED to explain to them that they cant just walk in and why im arresting them. However once again i struggled to get a word in because if it wasnt an insult it was the fact i am dumb etc. anyway the captain walked in and i tried to explain to her the situation and the captain decided to hold a court case to decide the outcome. i was fine in doing so and proceeded with the case. Throughout the case the captain struggled to even get a word in as all that could be heard was Joyce just rambling on. the captain tried her best to keep the situation calm and actually tried to have a court case but it just didn't work. Long story short Joyce than began to attack the captain saying "your a fucking shitshow, and i actually dont like you as a player at this point." (im sure the captain will back me up so i will drop her BYOND name here - Ema Grey - kfive) that was pretty much the last of the shit from that round. i later logged off.

3rd Incident - So i joined mid round and i was an antag and my objective was to be a dickhead pretty much (Miscreant). I am just doing my thing and i see plenty of corgis around the station, i slowly start to kill them and put blood all around the station and then 2 girls (randoms) end up putting a shock collar on me and zapping me a few times, i was being a dick and they released the zap codes and it was used by alot of people on the station (im completely fine with all of this so dont worry about that). Anyway 2 sec officers come over and ask what is happening, joyce later rocks up and says to the sec ive been killing her corgis, she zaps me and when i get up i push her over, i get charged with assault and get a jail time. Anyway when i get out i continue to kill the corgis around the station and then joyce comes up to me with a knife and stabs me in the chest. I run to sec whilst she chases me and no sec officers were there at the time so she ends up continuously stabbing my chest until i fall into crit. some bystanders end up fighting her and one quickly drags me to medbay. before i was put inside the cryo pod she comes to the 2 medical staff helping me asking them to not help me and let me die. Once in the cryopod she tries to interfere a little bit but ends up stopping only to start bitching at the 2 medical staff. The conversation went on too LOOC so i could hear what they were saying but pretty much even the 2 medical staff said things along the line of "your going to kill a man because he killed your dog" "do you even know rules". Joyce did what she usually does and just started insulting them and left. Its not like she did little damage to me either. It was clear her goal was to kill me, before i was saved i was seconds before death, in crit. I had to get a lung replacement and shit as well. I had to go a few mins later so i just left

4th Incident (had to add this on) - I join and immanently start getting shit from her in common, check my screenshots 

Final Note: 
This has been over the spand of 2 days and it is just making the game not fun anymore.
She keeps saying i broke rules and saying that im going to get perma banned
Multiple people have spoke to her regarding her rules and she just keeps insulting them
Since i put the evidence in a file because there is a lot of it and I have put it on a google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ur789 ... ObSAhbGAvK
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this as i know there is a lot to go over here.
There are some things that i have not mentioned because i dont want to make this too long
Last edited by WrightK on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kfive

RE: Player Complaint - Leschaps

Post by kfive »

Having been present for both the first and second event, I can confirm at the very least the level of annoyance caused by this person.

~-~-~-~-~-~

For the second event, when I was trying to get shit sorted into brig, she insisted that I wasn't handling the situation and refused to leave - later claiming that she couldn't leave because the doors were closed. During the trial, meanwhile, she couldn't refrain from interrupting even the Prosecution's opening statement because there was always some remark to be made. The one witness was interrupted. It took forever to even get the first witness called simply because of the "Joyce Bekheimer says: " flood.

tl;dr: that second shift, Joyce could not shut up even when asked nicely to go somewhere else by the Captain. Ended up escalating a more or less bloodless situation into a fight.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Now, I didn't know Joyce before that day, so I couldn't really tell whether it was innocent shitposting or not when she started calling for the lynching of the captain during the first event. After some interactions, I was convinced it was more or less innocent shitposting, and that she at most deserved a demotion for doing it as a fucking Detective. To cap off a more or less mundane discussion between me and her in permabrig (with me as the HoP that round), someone else came to break them out and as a show of good faith, I turned more or less a blind eye to it, reporting it but otherwise letting it happen.

It was not the right decision.

areebur

Post by areebur »

from what ive learned, leschaps is the kind of person that'll take the chances you give them and throw them in the trash.
i know i dont have any evidence of this but ive actually had to kick him from the drymouth discord once to get him to stop playing loud music in the voice channel that i and another player were in because after each chance i gave him, he started playing some shitty bass boosted song and only stopped when i forced him to stop by manually muting him. Once i removed the mute to give him one last chance, almost immediately he started playing some more earrape.
i know im not a staffer anymore but it still needs to be addressed that i believe he still hasnt learned to stop being a chucklefuck.
im going fuck kill mode

Leschaps

Post by Leschaps »

Now im not gonna say i am shit, i recognize that,  but the thing about htis is, i never attacked the captain to my memory, and that round with court you didnt leave for the round, you were a pai about 20 minutes later, and you brigged a fucking lawyer, for breaking and entering, when they had, access, to that area, as well as the fact no breaking had happened, if anything it would have been tresspassing, at one point you said i really want to gulag someone when you were specifically fucking told to brig me, now im not saying im not a dick, im just saying theres QUITE a few flaws with this complaint, mainly you leaving out the information that i hit you once in the entire second event fiasco, and that you werent allowing us to leave, the doors were bolted, we didnt have access, and in one of your headban appeals you literally stated "i havent Read all the rules yet" even though im shit i read the rules before fucking playing, let alone being a head role. And in the first round, i never hit you, and the mime didnt get the fucking codes, he got the disc
and i had quite a few reasons each round to hate your character, if you are in a round, and dont do any crazy shit or shit that makes my character hate you, i can assure you i wont be a bigger dick than my character is to most people, as well as the fact, if you were fine with everyone zapping your collar, why did you get pissy when i was, and why are you so mad for me getting annoyed with you killing a fuckton of corgis i made in public places, you were a miscreant, im allowed to attack you, either way, parts of this complaint are valid, i cant deny that.
Last edited by Leschaps on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

#1 way to avoid being griefed/meta'd in this way is to change your name. I recommend the same to anyone who is being harassed or unfairly treated and doesn't wish to put up with it long enough for it to be justified as 'harassment' or 'meta'.

I am in no way providing my jurisdiction for this complaint. I hope that anyone who is reading this and under similar circumstances takes my advice: Meta is a very murky term, one that even I myself have an issue defining, considering we allow some backstory growth when on the station.

After all, if you marry someone during a round, then next round show up as their fonfon ru, nobody is going to rebort you for meta-gaming, and as I say to anyone who deals with players who act like assholes; It's not a metagrudge if they're doing it during the round you kill them for being an asshole.
Last edited by Ragolution on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.