Player Complaint: Marie Atarime

Healsgood

Player Complaint: Marie Atarime

Post by Healsgood »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Marie Atarime

Your BYOND name: Healsgood

Date of issue: 8/7/2016

Reason for complaint: They are starting to bother me and ruin my experience to an extent. I dont believe anything they have done is really ban worthy, but maybe a talking to will help them a bit, it seems like frustration or easily botheredness is the root cause of their issues.

Apologies for my lack of screencaps and direct quotes, but i feel you would be familiar with their behaviour enough for me not to waste time screencaping incidents.

So, in terms of roleplay, they are pretty bad, they usually break section 5, 2.4 and 2.6, things like yelling all the time "THIS IS WHY I HATE ALL OF YOU" and original and hilarious internet phrases such as "Inbefore i get thralled".

They often demonstrate metaknowledge, in the round i just came from, (the round before 19:06 server time, cult round i believe, if not then the round before that round, revolution) they where calling out the different antag types over the radio, "Nuke ops, changelings, shadowlings, traitors, etc etc." They often attack people, validhunting and powergaming usually, section 5 8.2 and 9 One incident stuck in my mind is when they where a cyborg, got humanized, then they used the same genetics UI as the captain (Kenzie Houser), then had kenzie go inside of them via vore and proceeded to shoot me in the head after sleepypening them. The killing me makes enough sense i guess, maybe pens leave a message here, maybe they 'noticed they where dizzy' and saw me holding the pen. But its interesting how a person with the PDA that said "Head of Memes", who was a cyborg before becoming the captain number two, could identify a sleepypen. Thats just one incident i can think of off the top of my head, im sure there has been plenty more if i take the time to watch them play.

Why i said that i feel this is probably frustration or easily botheredness, is during the cult round, they where yelling over the radio that noone believes them or takes them seriously and 'thats why they hate all of us'. I have a friend, a GM who gets really bothered when people joke around and dont do what he wants them to do, i cant help but feel Marie's player is in a similar boat, and because they dont feel people take them seriously they act out and fall back on memes, validhunting, and metagaming to feel strong, sort of like telling other players that they are 'taking the game too seriously' while only acting this way because they cant get immersed themselves.

Amiga

RE: Player Complaint: Marie Atarime

Post by Amiga »

Hi, Guy who plays Marie here. And the reason I shot you to death was because I felt a tiny prick, then I couldn't talk with my health going down.Being in a room with some dude who is sleepy penning you is not a good idea, so I just lasered your ass and then would of delt with it later, rather then running away and falling uncontious. Also no, the character of Marie is just nihlistic and doesn't really care about anyone. Also I have not seen the RP rules inforced in anyway, Like jesus you have people going around called "Paradox" or whatever trying to kill people for the syndicate as a non antag and shit. Also the reason I yelled that was because the LT was too busy literally letting cultists go as a non antag to actually help deal with the cult. If you really think it's some god complex or something that's just. Haha holy shit. It's more because the character is Nihilistic Paranoid in the easiest way to explain it. She literally trusts no one and doesn't care too much out of things happening to herself. I mean if you think it's just the way I act, I have other characters who are completely different, such as some who are much more level headded leaders and such.
Ashley Williams says, "I love you, Marie.."
Ashley Williams says, "I-I do.. I really do."
The Boss has battered Ashley Williams in the head with the fire extinguisher!
The Boss says, "FUCK OFF MATE"
The Boss says, "MY HEART BELONGS TO HER"

kfive

Post by kfive »

Just as a mini-note, I thought that our base had it hard-coded that Funky starts off with at least 10% brain damage. In other words, §5.2(6) is fine.

Your §5.5 complaint is weird, since §5.5 very much prevents OOC-ly relationships. Keep in mind, however, that a relationship between two IC characters is by definition also a relation OOC-ly. Given that Marie Atarime is the person's main character, it's not unreasonable to state that they may have built up relationships IC-ly between Marie and multiple characters. For example, before Klara Ellstrom (played by Obscolene) was banned, the two of them had minimal contact OOC-ly, but were still often seen together in-game.

As for §§ 5.2(4) and 5.2(6), nobody really cares. Marie may be a bit touched in the head as a character, but they are competent. IC-ly, she has been promoted from Mime to Security Officer on multiple occasions for this alone.

-k5

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

Also, another thing I'd like to add. Basically what you said here was "Okay, I don't like them because once they killed me as an Antag after I sleepy penned them and was surprised to see them start to murder me." And then the rest is just armchair shrink. I'm not really sure like... The Character of Marie is extremely vulnerable, but she hides it under a layer of false confidence and jokes. She has opened up many times to people and yes, amazingly roleplays. A few people can confirm this and such, but it's not all memes24/7. Again the rest of your post is armchair shrink stuff so I can't really like, comment on that except just say like, you don't know me?
Rest in piece automerge.
Last edited by Amiga on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashley Williams says, "I love you, Marie.."
Ashley Williams says, "I-I do.. I really do."
The Boss has battered Ashley Williams in the head with the fire extinguisher!
The Boss says, "FUCK OFF MATE"
The Boss says, "MY HEART BELONGS TO HER"

Healsgood

Post by Healsgood »

Alright, well im glad it seems you thought this out as part of your character rather then just doing it because you really want to win. I'm used to sleepy-pens working differently due to the different servers ive played on mostly, they kind of suck if leave a message in this case. I'm used to people who don't think about their character past being an extension of their-self (and through that you can infer who they are irl), ive played alot of paradise and goon, where, mostly in goons case people just play to mess around and win, while in paradise's case they have much more rigid rules and guidelines.

Though they still bother me and somewhat annoy me, i retract my complaint. I guess i just dont like the character as they remind me too much of power-gaming types.
Amiga wrote: Also, another thing I'd like to add. Basically what you said here was "Okay, I don't like them because once they killed me as an Antag after I sleepy penned them and was surprised to see them start to murder me." And then the rest is just armchair shrink. I'm not really sure like... The Character of Marie is extremely vulnerable, but she hides it under a layer of false confidence and jokes. She has opened up many times to people and yes, amazingly roleplays. A few people can confirm this and such, but it's not all memes24/7. Again the rest of your post is armchair shrink stuff so I can't really like, comment on that except just say like, you don't know me?
Rest in piece automerge.
Oh, also to this one, if you say so, i guess il believe you, i just have never had a good experience with them as of yet, just the first incident that came to mind.

Still have nothing against you, especially if its just a character and role-play thing.
Last edited by Healsgood on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

This complaint is not actionable.
ex-headmin