Player/Admin Complaint: lm40

tsun

Player/Admin Complaint: lm40

Post by tsun »

BYOND Name of complaint against: lm40

Your BYOND name: tsunderenyaa

Date of issue: 16/08/25, around 2AM GMT+1

Reason for complaint: I spawned as an assistant like many times before, reading up before he round started and hoping for antag, but I did not get it and oh-so conveniently forgetting to set any occupational choices. It was a secret round and I wasn't really sure I wanted to dick around as an assistant. I went to the head of personnel's office, where the HoP, Dante McDonohough was doing job changes. I jokingly said captain. After a bit of hesitation, he agreed. Oh, maybe he genuinely needs some help, I thought, and decided to actually take it seriously. I announced it over the radio and Kenzie Houser (aka lm40), the only security officer declared she'll have none of it. Upon inquiring about why, she failed to provide a reasonable answer other than 'I hate you'. I asked her for a loyalty implant so I could prove I'm taking this seriously but she didn't even reply. Instead, I secured the disk, gave the pinpointer to Dante and hid the spare ID.

Let Central Command decide this, I thought. Lm40 was deadminned, but TalkingCactus was online and I was hoping for a reply. In case of a negative one or the lack of a reply, I would've given my captain-ship up voluntarily because I was in no mood for endless arguments with Kenzie. Then, when she was standing in front of the bridge and has already set me on arrest. Then a traitor, Leona Cowart has shot her with a revolver, but she survived with the help of a miner, Lunasa Prismriver. Meanwhile, the other victim of the shooting, Henry Anderson was dying so I dragged him to medical and saved him.

On my way out, I saw Kenzie harmbatoning Leona (who was in cuffs) to death. Then she stunned and cuffed me, as well. I don't know what happened to Leona, but Kenzie, the security officer and game admin,  arrested and cufed me, then wordlessly set her stunbaton to harm, and beat me into critical without a single word. Then she dragged me to the cremator in the chapel after taking my PDA and turned me into ashes. Then she lies on the radio about me being a traitor while I wasn't and wasn't even behaving like one or antagonizing the crew in general.

I'd like to talk about three more things. First of all, the HoP was never persecuted by Kenzie, who was later promoted to Head of Security. He gave me the access I was cremated for, but it seems Kenzie was fairly happy just taking me out of the round permanently to care about the actual breach of SOP. Since he quite obviously declared that he hates me, and due to the lack of interaction I can assume I was permanently removed from the round because Kenzie's OOC feelings towards me.

Secondly, the lack of roleplaying. I was in cuffs before he started murdering me. He could've brought me to the brig and permabrigged me (which would've still been an overstatement, or whatever). He could've literally done anything else and it would've been better roleplaying. Anything would've been better because there was no roleplaying from Kenzie's part.

Thirdly, this absolutely unacceptable conduct from a game admin, who is supposed to set an EXAMPLE to the players. Is the medium-RP server's goal is to have security officers wordlessly murdering and cremating actually innocent people without any further or previous interaction? I'm not the only one outraged, deadchat was in flames over this disgusting act of no-RP shitsec murderboning. Anyone else would've gotten secbanned for this.

I don't really feel Kenzie, aka lm40 is a capable admin. His playstyle leaves much to desire, his roleplaying even more so, and 90% of my ahelps fell on deaf ears when he was more active and sometimes the only admin on the serve... he always happened to be AFK. What a coincidence.

Either way, I'd like lm40 to be punished for this actions because this is untolerable from an admin to break their OWN rules. Since the rules update, the rules strictly state that if an antag is running a gimmick, you SHOULD be playing along and interact with them. How about non-antags? Can non-antags be murdered and cremated for trying to be a captain on a skeleton-secret round? I admit, I maybe shouldn't have tried to be captain, but I sent a message to CC and I was ready give it up. I didn't even change into the captain's garb yet. Good thing otherwise Kenzie would've cremated that too.
Last edited by tsun on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

RE: Player/Admin Complaint: lm40

Post by Kenzie »

Matter was handled in-game, I am under zero obligation to respond to your extensive whining on the subject.
...90% of my ahelps fell on deaf ears when he was more active and sometimes the only admin on the serve... he always happened to be AFK. 
Okay, next time you adminhelp some banbaiting garbage I'll be sure to ticket you appropriately for the rule one violation.
ex-headmin

tsun

Post by tsun »

I find it rather condescending how the complained about regards a legitimate concern 'extensive whining'. Mind elaborating how it was handled in game?

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

It was kinda intended to be somewhat condescending as I find this pretty much impossible to take seriously; it's yet another instance of you being shitty in-game and then complaining to the admins when you suffer entirely predictable consequences for it.

TalkingCactus investigated the matter, and presumably didn't find it actionable as he didn't take any action.

EDIT: Actually he did tell me not to cremate capital criminals if you consider that action I guess.
Last edited by Kenzie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex-headmin

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Since you brought this up in your little tirade the other day, I decided to look into it again. I've decided that what you did is basically ban-baiting, and lm40 deserves no reprimand. It's been made clear that you only do what you do on this server because you feel like you can get away with it, and as an admin on another server I find your constant disregard for our rules and blatant contempt for our staff absolutely irreprehensible.

I've reminded lm40 to get another admin on to handle situations that they're involved in and reiterated what Cactus said, and I'm considering the matter closed.