Complaint regarding Snow n chrysanthemums

Allakai

Re: Complaint regarding Snow n chrysanthemums

Post by Allakai »

scorpion_117 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:53 pm
Regarding the giving someone sec gear, if they have a record like that. You could have avoided the whole issue of breaking SOP and space law, Simply by asking the HoP to switch their department. I will advise you do that from now on as just handing it out, no matter how good of a record,just panicked the entire crew. That or a gun permit for the round so there is no issue.
You are correct on that, I should have either A. gotten Mike a gun permit or B. taken a short moment for the HoP to give Mike Harris a security change. That is my fault.
I cannot believe that worked. I wish I knew what I was doing.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Saw mention of PK. A PK is something only an admin can force someone to do. It's a method of punishment when an admin believes the character is a problem and not the person behind them. Cerberus isn't going to be PKed unless if it's by his player's choice, at this current moment. Unless if that's what was meant, might as well drop that completely from discussion going forward.

Allakai

Post by Allakai »

Nethaufer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 am
Saw mention of PK. A PK is something only an admin can force someone to do. It's a method of punishment when an admin believes the character is a problem and not the person behind them. Cerberus isn't going to be PKed unless if it's by his player's choice, at this current moment. Unless if that's what wss meant, might as well drop that completely from discussion going forward.
Yes, by no means did we want to PK Cerberus. Considering we had no reason to kill him. Why would we want to kill Cerb? I like Cerb, I would not allow him to be killed on an OOC and an IC level. We had taken him out of his chassis as I had quoted in my initial posts and only wanted to talk to him. By no means were we going to kill or execute Cerberus.
Characters: Arrogant Cat Dad, General Grievous Rip-off HoP, mildly incestual cat doctor

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Allakai wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:13 am
Nethaufer wrote:
Saw mention of PK. A PK is something only an admin can force someone to do. It's a method of punishment when an admin believes the character is a problem and not the person behind them. Cerberus isn't going to be PKed unless if it's by his player's choice, at this current moment. Unless if that's what wss meant, might as well drop that completely from discussion going forward.
Yes, by no means did we want to PK Cerberus. Considering we had no reason to kill him. Why would we want to kill Cerb? I like Cerb, I would not allow him to be killed on an OOC and an IC level. We had taken him out of his chassis as I had quoted in my initial posts and only wanted to talk to him. By no means were we going to kill or execute Cerberus.
You didn't really say that though. Your intention seems utterly different, almost as if you got mixed up into something you shouldn't (after I seen the logs, I realized this).

Allakai

Post by Allakai »

StellarWolf wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:30 am
Allakai wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:13 am
Nethaufer wrote:
You didn't really say that though. Your intention seems utterly different, almost as if you got mixed up into something you shouldn't (after I seen the logs, I realized this).
(wew as a sidenote these quotes chains Im loving it lol!)

Yes, but I am different on an OOC level. IRL, I do not mind synth players and I actually do like them, I do not mind them and in fact like them. I only became involved with the situation once the threats of what could be an uprising was happening. I dont mean this in a negative way but I did not want to be involved with the cerberus thing whatsoever. For one I didnt really care, and for two it wasnt a security issue.

I really do understand what the issue is, but my IC reasoning is different from my OOC feelings. I do not mind cerb and in fact my reaction had nothing to do with Cerb, my issue stemmed from the crew that was becoming aggressive. From what it appeared, everyone was scared and no one was wanting to listen to one another.

I think we need to take a step back, myself included, and realize that this was all a huge misunderstanding and a lack of communication from everyone.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

I'm all for calling it a misunderstanding for the most part. Though the complaint wasn't really regarding you Sajiid. For the most part, it was really only Me and stalks that was openly having an issue, no aggression to be had. It only turned into aggression when:
1. Stalks made space lube for reasons I was not even involved remotely in.
2. Threats of red alert were found out from abatha and the alert was suddenly raised to blue for something that was contained (Raising the alert level incited chaos because riot control)

Opening to interpretations that are false. The crew was only stating their dislike for the most part until the point one I mentioned changed that, then it escalated into a blue alert even after stalks left.
Also, you did mention that possibility of hostilities were being raised from me and others, which was false. It was merely everyone stating that this was wrong. I even found out later that all of command was told they were wrong for the madness by a central command employee, so I assume they also got classified as a hostile since blue alert was still on before the server crashed?

I get from that is "Help, the crew is voicing their opinions! Contain them!".

Allakai

Post by Allakai »

StellarWolf wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:56 am
I'm all for calling it a misunderstanding for the most part. Though the complaint wasn't really regarding you Sajiid. For the most part, it was really only Me and stalks that was openly having an issue, no aggression to be had. It only turned into aggression when:

1. Stalks made space lube for reasons I was not even involved remotely in.
2. Threats of red alert were found out from abatha and the alert was suddenly raised to blue for something that was contained (Raising the alert level incited chaos because riot control)

Opening to interpretations that are false. The crew was only stating their dislike for the most part until the point one I mentioned changed that, then it escalated into a blue alert even after stalks left.
Also, you did mention that possibility of hostilities were being raised from me and others, which was false. It was merely everyone stating that this was wrong. I even found out later that all of command was told they were wrong for the madness by a central command employee, so I assume they also got classified as a hostile since blue alert was still on before the server crashed?

I get from that is "Help, the crew is voicing their opinions! Contain them!".
I did not mean you in particular, what I am trying to explain is perceived over real. That is what the underlying issue is. I am trying to explain why this entirely is misunderstanding (At least on my side.) As said in my own post, I did not know who was my ally and who was my enemy. I know Stellar did not mean ill intent. I am trying to be clear with that. I know she did not have ill intent and neither did Stalks. What I am trying to show from my side is the perceived threat of calling command and security insane and what could be taken as a call for arms.

Im not saying Wolfe did. That's what Im trying to say, it was perceived threat. Not actual. I did not intend to go on the offensive when my team was preparing for riot control. We were entirely to be on the defensive as I had ordered my team to guard the bridge and security. Nothing else and nothing more. I knew everyone would stay calm and would not instigate problems on an OOC level, but again my IC reaction as Sajiid was panic and paranoia and he did not know who to trust and he would rather be safe than sorry.

Again this has nothing to do against anyone. I was simply doing as I needed to do to keep the station safe on an IC level.

snow n' chrysanthemums

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

StellarWolf wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 am
So please, keep this civil without making an accusation that you can't go back from.
Please re-read the sentence again, it is obvious that
1) You cannot discern the difference of an example from an accusation.
2) You are being hypocritical by accusing me of the same thing without such concern of proof.
Today it is me you accuse of meta-grudging without evidence, tomorrow it will be someone else you have an IC issue with or someone accusing you. I fear that day.
Given the responses I have received, it appears that the only thing I can do now is simply ignore your characters. Any OOC reproach seems unlikely and any OOC impartiality that some people once had cannot be restored. I have already stated that I was willing to concede points, rebuffed, so now I propose that we ignore each other outside of necessary interaction because our viewpoints are too far apart.
That seems like an argument to throw the blame onto cerberus when you over-did your boundaries as a CMO when the RD is over it and screamed for decon when a CMO has the power to tell a silicon to never do a specific thing (overturned by the RD and CD, see silicon rules and laws). Instead of that, you went far beyond and pressed for deconstruction instead of thinking with any sort of logic. At this point, you have done nothing but scare players away from medical due to your overuse of power and how you either do these things or scream for demotion at the most tiniest thing

If the CMO oversteps their boundaries regarding sillicon, it is the job of the CD, RD and IAA to reign them in. I am fully aware of what deconstruction implies OOCly, but I will say again, ICly Samdup is illogical at points as well. She is a person, and thus is not perfect just like me or anyone else in real life.
For the demotion issue, the level of skill goes CMO>med doc>nurse > paramedic/SNR> intern. Given that Mcfall consistently demonstrates ability below that of a Paramed (not knowing how cyro works, not being able to treat suffocation and burn damage, leaving someone on the surgery table with their skull cut open, that more than justifies any demotion, and in my personal opinion, a medical ban given that they still have not learned. I will say this again. If you do not know medical, go as a medical intern and I as a player will teach you!!!! If a doctor/Nurse/Paramed do not know how to set up cyro by literally inserting beakers and turning a freezer on, then they should be fired for negligence. I have answered Mcfall's OOC questions in a nice LOOC chat the other day, if they continue this trend Samdup will continue to demote them, period.
They only play one character, same with Popsy (for the most part, I don't count her meme characters) and Jermaine (He really only plays that one even though he has another). Cerberus only has one character. Using that argument is just...sad.
I was not aware of such a fact until you have brought this up. If you play one character, that is your decision and your decision alone. As such, that is considered your issue if they for some reason suffer IC consequences. It is not my issue how many characters someone plays.
A PK is something only an admin can force someone to do.
In this case I shall reword the statement then as I obviously confused my wording:
In regards to decommissioning synthetics, I have had several characters decommissioned for far lesser reasons than you allege this to be, so what? RETIRE the character, suck it up, move on.
Life isn't fair, and you might be mad at IC happenings sometimes, just move on.

The base question in response to the crew's actions over the disassembly of a borg still stands:
As such, were the crew to revolt against the dismantling of a single borg is irrational. Why would the crew risk their livelihoods and jobs for a borg slaved to the station? The world wonders.

For the record Stellar, IF you cannot make the time to organize a decent response to address the intent behind the post and instead decide to play texas sharpshooter, please don't make a response at all. It neither helps your argument nor your cause.
Edit: If added because I can't into grammar.
Last edited by snow n' chrysanthemums on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Welp, you done and turned this hostile when I was merely stating the parts that made me uneasy in my second point. Hot headed much? Seriously, it isn't helping your case when your basically saying this when the character is well received.

Also, I think my response is good enough considering it really isn't kered that needed an eight hour breather earlier. This is nothing more than a temper tantrum at best to attempt to make yourself look good and throw me under the bus for defending someone that was obviously wronged by you. Not going to post here again, I will just let nature take its course.

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

I think the crux of the issue here is that you used your disagreements with Cerberus in previous rounds to justify disassembling them in this round--despite them not having done anything wrong.

If it's true that you:
1. Know silicon law
2. Know that Faux asked for the drink to be made

There is no reason aside from metagrudging to order the disassembly of the cyborg. Yes--it is still metagrudging to act on problems you've had with a character from previous rounds in order to justify gross mistreatment of them in a following round, even if you don't know who plays them.

Regardless of the IC status of cyborgs, it remains that you had a player disassembled without a compelling reason to do so for reasons outside of the current round--extremely likely to be metagrudging at worst and at best proving that you're ignorant of the laws silicons are bound by and not suited to be a head of staff who has the power to act against a player with that lack of knowledge.

You show no understanding or remorse for impacting another player's round without good cause, and that should worry anyone reading this thread and your responses to it.