do you need a hug
who are ya asking?
youre asking kevin right?

Baneicorn

Re: Admin Complaint - GlitchyCore

Post by Baneicorn »

Inkticious wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:28 pm
Ah, i see so youre going to attack kevin for a common thing alot of people say, let me guess, next you're gonna call someone a nazi because they dissagree with you? sorry sweety but kevin isnt a misogynist for telling you to man up, i wouldnt give a shit if someone told me to man up, because i know they're just telling me to stop being a cry baby
Well, y'know, I wouldn't give a shit if someone told me to do my job while I was at work. Maybe you should do yours, and Kev should do his, and both of you should take a good, hard look at your desperate lack of maturity.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Hey. Head admin here.

So the very first thing that I'm gonna have to get out of the way: Your immediate response to call Kev misogynistic solely for telling you to man up.
Now, I am someone who has actually had the unfortunate experience of being discriminated against solely for my assigned gender at birth all throughout my childhood, and it's the type of shit that requires thousands of dollars worth of expenses to recover from via therapy. To give one of numerous significant examples: Both the elementary school and middle school I went to were run mainly by men; the majority of the teachers were men, all the office staff were men, the deans were men, both the principal and vice principal were men, etc etc. And all throughout my time in elementary and middle school, I ended up having to deal with one thing that always remained consistent: I kept having massive chunks taken off my grade on each assignment for the most inane things, with something as simple as forgetting a single comma in a 5 page English essay docking a whole 20% off of the overall score, or being accused of cheating solely because I managed to get an otherwise perfect score on my first algebra test. So, of course, I did some digging, and as it turned out, all of the other girls at the same schools also experienced the same exact thing I did. And further digging led to more rumors popping up; the few girls that qualified for honors classes were denied because their appearances were allegedly a potential distraction, quite a few students claim to have overheard teachers saying that girls didn't belong at all in the school, etc etc etc. Years down the road, the entirety of that school district ended up having a class action lawsuit for their blatantly misogynistic practices. And the only thing I got was a single check in the mail for a thousand bucks as compensation.
So these days, when I'm spilling my life story on people I'm wanting to know more about, one of the first things I do is mention that I've experienced a lot of misogyny during my childhood and wait for them to react before divulging details, as I've noticed that it's a really good way to tell what type of person someone is; pretty much everyone who immediately reacts with "oh you have? thats fucked up" from that alone is guaranteed to be a fairly toxic person in general, while those who roll their eyes typically turn out to be fairly trustworthy and down-to-earth people 90% of the time. And the reason why this is as effective as it is, is because the prevalence of thin-skinned people on social media. The meaning of misogyny and other words referring to specific types of discrimination are all extremely diluted these days, as there are a lot of people on social media who immediately claim discrimination against people who simply disagree with them on topics that don't even relate to the type of discrimination being claimed.
So if your reaction to someone telling you to man up is to immediately call them misogynistic... Then, well, you seriously need to man up, as that type of immediate kneejerk reaction is the same exact thing that makes it as hard as it is for actual victims of discrimination like me to actually speak out about the discrimination they've faced, as victims have to go out of their way to make sure that nobody attempting to spread awareness tries to oversimplify the situation to a mere "Oh, X is sexist", as that type of simplification makes the majority of reasonable people immediately assume that it's just outrage culture being outrage culture if that's the only thing they've seen of a given situation.
tl;dr: If ya think "man up" is misogynistic, then you really need to man up.

As for the core of the admin complaint, it's fairly well-known that admins are only really allowed to send people back to the lobby under very specific circumstances. Additionally, the game makes it very clear what character you're readied up as in the lobby screen, with the "Welcome, [name here]" displaying the exact character name you currently have active. The "Welcome, [name here]" text automatically updates whenever you toggle the ready button on or off, and it also updates when the round starts. The game is simply unable to spontaneously change your character slot at random like your initial post implies. as a character simply does not exist in your preferences until you swap to it, at which point the character you had prior to swapping is completely overwritten with the character you swapped to. What you see in the character setup screen is exactly what you'll get ingame. As such, this ultimately means that joining as the wrong character is something that can only be done via user error, and the exact type of user error in question seems to stem from a failure to check the character setup menu to make sure that the correct character is loaded. All in all, this means that admins aren't really required to do anything at all if someone joins with the wrong character. The most professional way to handle joining as the wrong character is to simply roll with it and see where it takes you. The least professional way to handle joining as a wrong character is to act entitled to a respawn and then immediately complain on the forums during the round in question while attempting to shift all of the blame onto the admin who handled your ahelp. As such, there's really nothing of note in this complaint at all that's worthy of reprimanding or other form of punishment.

I'll be leaving locking this thread and moving to resolved to another headmin, but if this becomes any less civil than it currently is before then, then I won't really have a choice.

Baneicorn

Post by Baneicorn »

deathride58 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:35 am
Hey. Head admin here.

So the very first thing that I'm gonna have to get out of the way: Your immediate response to call Kev misogynistic solely for telling you to man up.
Now, I am someone who has actually had the unfortunate experience of being discriminated against solely for my assigned gender at birth all throughout my childhood, and it's the type of shit that requires thousands of dollars worth of expenses to recover from via therapy. To give one of numerous significant examples: Both the elementary school and middle school I went to were run mainly by men; the majority of the teachers were men, all the office staff were men, the deans were men, both the principal and vice principal were men, etc etc. And all throughout my time in elementary and middle school, I ended up having to deal with one thing that always remained consistent: I kept having massive chunks taken off my grade on each assignment for the most inane things, with something as simple as forgetting a single comma in a 5 page English essay docking a whole 20% off of the overall score, or being accused of cheating solely because I managed to get an otherwise perfect score on my first algebra test. So, of course, I did some digging, and as it turned out, all of the other girls at the same schools also experienced the same exact thing I did. And further digging led to more rumors popping up; the few girls that qualified for honors classes were denied because their appearances were allegedly a potential distraction, quite a few students claim to have overheard teachers saying that girls didn't belong at all in the school, etc etc etc. Years down the road, the entirety of that school district ended up having a class action lawsuit for their blatantly misogynistic practices. And the only thing I got was a single check in the mail for a thousand bucks as compensation.
So these days, when I'm spilling my life story on people I'm wanting to know more about, one of the first things I do is mention that I've experienced a lot of misogyny during my childhood and wait for them to react before divulging details, as I've noticed that it's a really good way to tell what type of person someone is; pretty much everyone who immediately reacts with "oh you have? thats fucked up" from that alone is guaranteed to be a fairly toxic person in general, while those who roll their eyes typically turn out to be fairly trustworthy and down-to-earth people 90% of the time. And the reason why this is as effective as it is, is because the prevalence of thin-skinned people on social media. The meaning of misogyny and other words referring to specific types of discrimination are all extremely diluted these days, as there are a lot of people on social media who immediately claim discrimination against people who simply disagree with them on topics that don't even relate to the type of discrimination being claimed.
So if your reaction to someone telling you to man up is to immediately call them misogynistic... Then, well, you seriously need to man up, as that type of immediate kneejerk reaction is the same exact thing that makes it as hard as it is for actual victims of discrimination like me to actually speak out about the discrimination they've faced, as victims have to go out of their way to make sure that nobody attempting to spread awareness tries to oversimplify the situation to a mere "Oh, X is sexist", as that type of simplification makes the majority of reasonable people immediately assume that it's just outrage culture being outrage culture if that's the only thing they've seen of a given situation.
tl;dr: If ya think "man up" is misogynistic, then you really need to man up.

As for the core of the admin complaint, it's fairly well-known that admins are only really allowed to send people back to the lobby under very specific circumstances. Additionally, the game makes it very clear what character you're readied up as in the lobby screen, with the "Welcome, [name here]" displaying the exact character name you currently have active. The "Welcome, [name here]" text automatically updates whenever you toggle the ready button on or off, and it also updates when the round starts. The game is simply unable to spontaneously change your character slot at random like your initial post implies. as a character simply does not exist in your preferences until you swap to it, at which point the character you had prior to swapping is completely overwritten with the character you swapped to. What you see in the character setup screen is exactly what you'll get ingame. As such, this ultimately means that joining as the wrong character is something that can only be done via user error, and the exact type of user error in question seems to stem from a failure to check the character setup menu to make sure that the correct character is loaded. All in all, this means that admins aren't really required to do anything at all if someone joins with the wrong character. The most professional way to handle joining as the wrong character is to simply roll with it and see where it takes you. The least professional way to handle joining as a wrong character is to act entitled to a respawn and then immediately complain on the forums during the round in question while attempting to shift all of the blame onto the admin who handled your ahelp. As such, there's really nothing of note in this complaint at all that's worthy of reprimanding or other form of punishment.

I'll be leaving locking this thread and moving to resolved to another headmin, but if this becomes any less civil than it currently is before then, then I won't really have a choice.
Hey guess what; Your life story isn't special and unique. I'm truly, very sorry that you endured such things, but my life's been no less difficult. Being a drag queen in the late 90's/early2000's was pretty shitty, too, though I doubt you'd have that experience. And yes, telling someone to 'man up' is misogynistic at its core, regardless of your feelings, especially when you don't know anything about the person you're talking to.

Stop making assumptions, stop trying to defend your friend's obvious inability to act like a decent human being, and do your goddamn jobs like they're goddamn jobs. My complaint about GlitchyCore is old news; I've even apologized to them personally, without being asked to do so, because that's the right thing to do. Kev's statements about 'manning up' aren't the complaint, either; The problem is Kev's glaring inability to speak to anyone with anything approaching common fucking decency, and the rest of your little hugbox leaping into the fire to 'save' him from the evil criticism he so richly deserves. I'm asking for professionalism and I've received everything but, while extending every courtesy and holding in my own anger.

Also; Please seek abuse counselling if your reaction to people empathizing with your past pain is to immediately label them as toxic.
Last edited by Baneicorn on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taffeta

Post by Taffeta »

I'm really confused by your gigantic smokescreen of personal experience here, trying to cover the fact that Kevinz000 doesn't know how to fucking act, and your entire admin core is hugpiling someone over a reasonable complaint of mismanagement.

"Help the game fucked up."
"Guess you can do X, Y, or Z"
"I don't want X, I've done Z, help with Y?"
"Nope sorry too busy."
"Leaving me with nothing."
"Yep sorry too busy"

Gee that was poorly handled. That merits a complaint. Better not take it to the discord, because that's drama. Took it to the forums, now it's overreacting.
You people really, really can't stand the idea of taking any criticism for your actions. The nature of the complaint actually shifted once GlitchyCore explained themselves, but y'all are super _SUPER_ fucking into this idea that Kevin's nasty attitude and authoritarian posture needs to be defended at all costs because OUTSIDERS

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Baneicorn

Post by Baneicorn »

deathride58 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:02 am
D'aww, that's mature.

Also, I like how Kev removed the post further proving his inadequacy. That was cute.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

"Also I love how kev deleted his post"
nah not worth my time to continue this but have a Image

Baneicorn

Post by Baneicorn »

I think a more appropriate picture for you is screaming babyrage, but if you wanna represent yourself as a crying infant, go for it, kiddo.