Character Complaint - RP - Mayfox

snow n' chrysanthemums

Re: Character Complaint - RP - Mayfox

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

How is it a "fuckup" when the security team arrests someone for vandalism, the CMO steps in, declares the security member unstable, locks and wields them to a locker? Sec arrested the entire medical team for resisting the arrest of the CMO who was wrong. Meanwhile the entire civilian group threatens to revolt over something that they had no information over and was accused of wrongdoing by select people who were arrested for sedition? Mind you, I joined part way through as a ghost. It's not just crew fighting bad sec 100% of the time, bad players who deliberately provoke drama ALSO EXIST (honestly, easiest way to solve would to bring back antags, but the map is not good for antags for various reasons, and also "REEE SOMEONE DISRUPTED MY ERP").

If shitty security upsets you maybe play security and get a feel for what sec has to do, or quit complaining. I have no issue with IC mutinies. My issue is that the actions that lead to them by crew/sec/command 90% of the time is because a select few people decide it is their responsibility to the design of their character from a personality to make them investigate what they see to be "command/sec errors" and jump to conclusions inflaming crew consensus. I have seen it multiple times.

"If this upsets you, do your job properly instead of complaining that the big meanie-face crew won't let you beat the clown in peace for breathing your air and that they all need to listen to you or you're calling mummy admin to tell them all off."

Has it ever crossed your coherent mind for a split second I have never had personal issues in a security role? I will say again, yes, there are shitty security players, yes there is shitty command, yes there are shitty admins. Has it ever been a fathomable thought that these people all come from the playerbase? There is your issue right there. To cure a disease you must cut it out at the root, not apply patch-fixes. A good example of this is the difference between Auora and (2016-2018) baystation.

I would also say meta-friends is possibly somewhat of an issue, but I will not start a meta witch hunt when I have been the target of one.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Locking the topic. This is all irrelevant to the original complaint.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

And again, a reminder to people that our rules on mutiny are clear. If you do it without an admin clearing it, you're likely to face punishment, likely a PK (Because why would your character stay hired after that?) Or a ban. Don't do it