Player Complaint: Kenzie Houser, Shitcurity in general.

kneesox

Player Complaint: Kenzie Houser, Shitcurity in general.

Post by kneesox »

BYOND Name of complaint against: LM40 and Security in General.

Your BYOND name: Kneesox

Date of issue: 29/11/2016

Reason for complaint:
Just going to keep this simple, this isn't a direct complaint against LM40, just a complaint against players as a whole in the security role and the attitude and lengths they have been permitted to go to towards other players of the game without issue. It's something I've noticed in many, many games here and it's under quite a few different players who hold the toxic attitude towards the job. My issue is with security officers who take the position and feel that it is their duty and honour to do one thing and one thing only, "Kill the bad guy." and hold that with a play to win attitude that edges on griefing. Players who as security, will go out of their way to kill, murder, harmbaton and execute whenever they get the slightest reason to do so under the rule of "It's Valid!". It promotes such a crap environment and outlook towards the job and other players on the server, we have tools such as the Permabrig, we have tools such as the Gulag, we have tools such as Loyalty implants, Holy water baptism or even at a push, Cyborg installment and who knows what else but so many security officers use one tool only, beat them to death and hide the body in a locker.

I understand the role of the antagonist is to be bested, and defeated and getting killed is part of the game but playing on a server where the security act this way is just growing to be increasingly toxic. No officer should ever resort to braining someone with a baton with this many alternatives. We don't need officers who are just in it to have the best guns to kill as many baddies as possible, we want security officers who want to play the role of a security officer and uphold the law.

To further my point, here are some examples of the Security Officer Kenzie Houser, upon having a criminal brought to the brig.

Kenzie Houser howls, "I think we should put them out of their misery."

This was before any confirmation of criminal doing, any discovery of illegal contraband or gear, this player was pushing to get the kill right out the door before they had been searched or brought to the cell. Why is this possibly acceptable behavior?

Here are some examples of what that officer had to say once the "Yes, they are an Antag" relevation came.
Kenzie Houser howls, "HOS."
Kenzie Houser howls, "I VOTE FOR IMMEDIATE EXECUTION."

(F) Kenzie Houser howls, "FUCKED."
(F) Kenzie Houser howls, "BOYO."

(F) Kenzie Houser howls, "I'M PUTTING HIM."
(F) Kenzie Houser howls, "OUT OF HIS EVIL MISERY."

The last one while crew members were yelling about her harm-batoning a restrained person to death in the hallway of the Brig. Officer Kenzie then went on the steal a Ripley Mech from Cargo and dubbed it "H.M.S. GETFUCKEDCULTISTS.", because perhaps they needed another edge to kill the bad guys right.

Players with this kind of attitude towards both other players, their job role, and the game as a whole do not make a good fit for Security Officer positions and I would hope that there are others who can agree with me on this point. Outright execution style killings by officers should be a last resort .If the subject in question is restrained, unarmed and in the brig there is outright no excuse for it when there are alternatives and if it happens, Administrators should be making moves to make sure there was a decent reason why that player was murdered by the law abiding officers in cold blood rather than processed like their job role intends.

In summary, this is both a complaint towards these "Murderbone Security" players as a whole and a request that Administrators do more to ensure that their security staff are not behaving like SS13 is a shoot em up and they are Judge Dredd on a rampage, and those that do are promptly spoken to and if needed, job-banned for it. Once more, this isn't a direct complaint against LM40, just the subject example that prompted the administrators online to suggest I post a complaint on the forum.

Thank you for reading, food for thought and I hope this comes across as honest critique and not just "y u kill me tho." beacuse it is a common theme I've noticed with a lot of officers lately and I'm saddened to see it go that way.