[MAIN] Soman Bat & SectoidDan - Metagrudging / Failure to resolve a ticket adequately

SomanBat

Re: [MAIN] Soman Bat & SectoidDan - Metagrudging / Failure to resolve a ticket adequately

Post by SomanBat »

BigManClancy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm

I think you are taking this game a little bit too seriously, are you not?
This is a server where we literally have anthropomorphic animals running around,
Where we have absolute horny slimesluts as heads
The game where there is an entire gamemode dedicated to a WIZARD running around causing havoc,
And not to forget, the server where Roboticist will spam out honkbots, or medibots called "ARGGH STOP RUNNING AWAY".

If you take the game so seriously as a head that you will demote everybody for even sneezing at you the wrong direction then i frankly feel that YOU are the one not fit to play the head role here...
Relevant rules, section 3.3:

As a member of the crew, you should maintain the professionalism, work ethic, and probable training you would expect to have in a real setting.

NT would not hire incompetent or mentally ill crew members; at least not in serious jobs (roles like cook, janitor, etc are more believable for someone who is “special”). The station is a workplace, and people who constantly act like children would be quickly expelled. When in doubt, act as you would at your own workplace.

SectoidDan

Re: [MAIN] Soman Bat & SectoidDan - Metagrudging / Failure to resolve a ticket adequately

Post by SectoidDan »

Multiple admins watched the events in question happen, or at least the first half. The IC issue button was pressed because the Captain demoting a head of staff for calling them names is an IC issue. No rules were broken as far as we could see, no admin intervention was necessary. You yourself say your character is a bit of a rebel, and so you should expect things like this to happen if you continue to play them that way. While the captain probably should've had Security do the actual arresting, that's a very minor issue. I think Soman Bat has the right of it, both in-game and in this thread.

The man up button wasn't pressed to mock you, it's advice. Your character (a head of staff, a middle manager on a space station) was rude to their boss and was punished for it. You weren't taken out of the round, tossed into perma, or interrogated for half an hour. When you're sending multiple adminhelps, when we've already given you an answer the first time, when the situation is purely IC on the face of it... I think you do need to deal with it, and move on. Not everyone is out to get you, Clancy.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Reminder that if multiple admins are online, it's a pretty safe bet that they're all in agreement about how a ticket is being handled. If your ticket is marked as an IC issue, then that's how it is. Generally, at that point, it's best to just accept that your ticket doesn't require admin attention and leave it at that instead of making a complaint about how the admin in question didn't handle the ticket in the way you wanted them to.

As for how Soman Bat handled their side...
I think that's already been covered, to be honest. By actively butting heads with the Captain, and then directly insulting them, you're basically opening yourself up for a demotion. If you were to insult your boss at work, they'd be more than justified in firing you on the spot. The only thing they did wrong in this case was not letting security handle the arrest.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Going to mark this as resolved given my agreement the two admins' responses and lack of further questions from involved players.