[RP] Crashinator08 and Dalyah - Ban reason has no context/Griefing self antag.

HazelBailey

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 and Dalyah - Ban reason has no context/Griefing self antag.

Post by HazelBailey »

Dalyah was spoken to regarding the events as well, and while they were told to not intentionally take ALL the ingredients (RP doesnt log item pickups and nothing in logs tells how far they went so its a he-said/she-said scenario) that still does not excuse that you had JUST come off of a dayban for overescalation. I honestly misread the note and thought that first ban had only been a warning instead if a ban, or you'd be sitting out for three days instead. You said that you felt it stepped into the territory of griefing, but instead of ahelping it as it was happening, you instead, as you said, wanted to handle it ICly, which amounted to attempting to kill the other player because, and I quote, "Other servers let you lynch people that are dicking you over". As a result, you landed yourself a second ban for overescalation, instead of the other person getting in trouble.

kevinz000

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 and Dalyah - Ban reason has no context/Griefing self antag.

Post by kevinz000 »

Man funny me talking about roleplay but have you ever considered realistically if you have issues with a coworker you, wouldn't, y'know, knife the living shit out of them because they're incompetent and quiet and took your tools when there's other avenues to pursue? And still get to work there?

Subjective ""HRPness"" aside you could ahelp, keep bugging security, etc etc. Your first "punch" that I can see in the screenshots because I don't have logs on hand is a goddamn butcher's cleaver. Seriously? You'd get into serious shit on the fucking main server of all places if I saw someone knifing someone else to death over a disagreement with no attempts at less-than-lethally resolving it, but hey, guess it doesn't apply if that guy didn't die right? :D :D :D :D

Also considering you're still banned from main for tossing explosives at dorms for no reason and bolting dorms for no reason other than you can and it's isolated I'd have expected you on your best behavior on RP, not getting banned in less than a week of me seeing you there and overescalating.

Shape up tbh, this isn't going to stop just here if any of this stuff continues.

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

kevinz000 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 am
Man funny me talking about roleplay but have you ever considered realistically if you have issues with a coworker you, wouldn't, y'know, knife the living shit out of them because they're incompetent and quiet and took your tools when there's other avenues to pursue? And still get to work there?

Subjective ""HRPness"" aside you could ahelp, keep bugging security, etc etc. Your first "punch" that I can see in the screenshots because I don't have logs on hand is a goddamn butcher's cleaver. Seriously? You'd get into serious shit on the fucking main server of all places if I saw someone knifing someone else to death over a disagreement with no attempts at less-than-lethally resolving it, but hey, guess it doesn't apply if that guy didn't die right? :D :D :D :D

Also considering you're still banned from main for tossing explosives at dorms for no reason and bolting dorms for no reason other than you can and it's isolated I'd have expected you on your best behavior on RP, not getting banned in less than a week of me seeing you there and overescalating.

Shape up tbh, this isn't going to stop just here if any of this stuff continues.
I honestly tried to resolve the issue, I had even tried to do so over the comms multiple times and even PDA'd the IAA and Warden as shown in the screenshots, and annoying security is the last thing you should do, I didn't actually knife them until a bit later, I just kept disarming and disarming until I decided to use the fire extinguisher and the toolbox, but anyways, what about the rule that I have posted about? Because unless I have missed something, I don't think I really broke any rules. Also, please read my previous posts, I have posted everything about the situation in the last posts.
Last edited by Fargothur6969 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

HazelBailey wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:09 am
Dalyah was spoken to regarding the events as well, and while they were told to not intentionally take ALL the ingredients (RP doesnt log item pickups and nothing in logs tells how far they went so its a he-said/she-said scenario) that still does not excuse that you had JUST come off of a dayban for overescalation. I honestly misread the note and thought that first ban had only been a warning instead if a ban, or you'd be sitting out for three days instead. You said that you felt it stepped into the territory of griefing, but instead of ahelping it as it was happening, you instead, as you said, wanted to handle it ICly, which amounted to attempting to kill the other player because, and I quote, "Other servers let you lynch people that are dicking you over". As a result, you landed yourself a second ban for overescalation, instead of the other person getting in trouble.
Can you please look at my previous post? The one in which I posted a screenshot of Rule 01? Also, lynch was a poor word choice for me, I wouldn't have actually killed her because I really do not want to face a worse scenario than this one.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Funny how you tell me to look at your last post right after saying you aren't sure what rule you broke. I say this because Rule 1 clearly lists the rule.
1.2 Do not kill or attack people randomly or indiscriminately. If you have a reason to attack or murder someone, have a strong justification for it.
Regardless of what you believe, none of the admins that have weighed in so far, as well as a few players that have posted here, believe that someone taking your easily replaceable cooking supplies (Much less another cook!) is a good enough justification. This is why you were banned.

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

HazelBailey wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm
Funny how you tell me to look at your last post right after saying you aren't sure what rule you broke. I say this because Rule 1 clearly lists the rule.
1.2 Do not kill or attack people randomly or indiscriminately. If you have a reason to attack or murder someone, have a strong justification for it.
Regardless of what you believe, none of the admins that have weighed in so far, as well as a few players that have posted here, believe that someone taking your easily replaceable cooking supplies (Much less another cook!) is a good enough justification. This is why you were banned.
"Getting into an argument that evolves into a brawl that evolves into a fight with weapons that ends in death. Acceptable." What about this part? And do I have to remind you they stole all of my equipment, vegetables and meat, THREE seperate times? If that isn't justification enough, then I might as well just leave by tram.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You jumped straight to weapons, a fire extinguisher IIRC. It also wasn't so much an argument as it was you not wanting them to take easily replaceable cooking supplies. My point stands, your reason for attacking wasn't anywhere near justifiable enough

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

HazelBailey wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm
You jumped straight to weapons, a fire extinguisher IIRC. It also wasn't so much an argument as it was you not wanting them to take easily replaceable cooking supplies. My point stands, your reason for attacking wasn't anywhere near justifiable enough
Do you not see the combat logs that say we were using disarm and grabs? If that isn't a brawl then tell me what is.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You are still missing the point! A player, as well as three different admins have said it in this thread alone. Your reasons for jumping to violence aren't good enough!

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

So you are telling me I am supposed to just sit there and let the player continuously go out of their way to ruin the game for me? I have tried everything IC, and if security can't do a thing to help me, I am left to my own devices at that point.