[RP] Crashinator01 - Threatening a Ban For Mentioning a Previous Incident

Swirlby

[RP] Crashinator01 - Threatening a Ban For Mentioning a Previous Incident

Post by Swirlby »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Crashinator01

Your BYOND name: Swirlby

Date of issue and round ID: It happened about two weeks ago. I don't remember the round ID or have any screenshots. I didn't think of issuing a complaint at the time. I'm only doing it now because I talked about it with another admin and he suggested that I submit a complaint.

Reason for complaint: When I first started playing on RP, about two months ago, I played a character who had a background as a former black market organ harvester. I played a few rounds with this gimmick before an admin (Who was Crashinator) told me that a character with that background was not allowed. I made a new character with a less criminal background. I've been compliant with this ruling ever since.

Since then, I would sometimes mention to people that I've seen on Main in LOOC chat that I wasn't playing my usual character because his background as a former black market organ harvester wasn't allowed. I would mention it somewhat jokingly. This went on for a while, until about two weeks ago, when I mentioned the old character to someone in LOOC chat, we started talking about some other things I did that I did get away with, like breaking into the medbay to steal surgical tools as that old character. A few minutes later, I got an admin PM from Crashinator, saying that he hears about this organ harvesting thing every day, and threatened to ban me if I ever mentioned it again.

I didn't mention the incident every day. I don't even play on this server every day. I only ever mentioned the incident whenever I see someone I know from Main. Which was at most about two or three times a week.

I wasn't sure at first if this was really against the rules. I only decided to make this complaint after talking about it with another admin.

Swirlby

Re: [RP] Crashinator01 - Threatening a Ban For Mentioning a Previous Incident

Post by Swirlby »

I've made a mistake. I think his username is actually Crashinator08, not Crashinator01.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Hi. Swirlby, you're one of our problem players at the moment. Your lack of roleplay in a HRP environment, the most recent ban you caught (from me) has given me no faith you intend on following our rules, or, the protections/privacies we try to ensure players have; or even attempting to play as a legitimate boon to the server at all. That stunt you pulled with placing intercomms in the dorms should have netted you a permanent ban. I don't know what I was thinking given your history on the RP server, but, I only gave you a three day ban for that. You've given me nothing to suggest that you have any intentions of playing on the RP server in good faith. This culmination of not-so-good behavior, as well as your long history of notes; I can understand why Crashinator would resort to ban threats immediately - if this is the kind of context they have of you. You made an unbelievable character, and, continue to make mention to their existence despite the fact that they shouldn't exist. It would seem the only motivator you listen to is the threat of not being a part of the community anymore. Which fucking sucks for us, cause, believe it or not, we don't like banning players. Removing someone from a game, or, group of people is a harsh punishment - but it's all you've given us, really.

My two cents. Have a good day, Swirlby.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I dont know what admin you talked to, but you absolutely can be told by an admin to not do something anymore if it's been brought up enough for it to be a problem. As for your claims about not bringing it up every day. Honestly me saying every single day was paraphrased, and I'll admit that. But it was still brought up enough that I'd see it at least once every day I got on, and another administrator was able to back that up when asked about it.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I've seen you rules lawyer the shit out of the ashwalker ruling on Main in similar ways, dragging it up when it should have been passed. You've been nothing but a constant stream of problems ever since you've been here and told me you've been greenlit for mentor when you weren't (according to the staff I asked) and were surprised when I denied you. If you're dragging up a single incident day in day out to the point where we've seen it over and over I wouldn't be surprised that you got threatened with a ban if you mentioned it again. Let it go, and improve yourself, and read what Avarice said because I'll be quite honest I don't see what the worth is in keeping you around.
Obviously we do not ban for complaints, but take it to heart.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

The three above admins covered the situation fairly well.
As for the exact nature of the "threat", I was around for when it happened, and recall nothing seeming out of line. At the time I had rechecked the logs for instances of the organ harvester talk, and saw that it was indeed frequent enough for the exaggeration to be fairly justified, as a minor detail.
The point behind it still stands.
I do not believe this complaint warrants action against the involved admins, so I'll be marking it as resolved.